***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,070 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't forget the Brewers are without Yelich and possibly Braun. But yeah they've turned it on.
Bregxit
AG
willjohnathan said:

Bregxit said:

Thanks for indulging my silliness.

Yeah... I just read the last page or so after I replied, then felt dumb for responding.

No worries amigo...all in good fun.
Mr President Elect
AG
I find it a little interesting today that Straw is playing CF today. I hope he gets tested a little today. I think he could replace Jake on the roster for the ALCS when we likely go with an extra reliever. He could still provide that defensive replacement late in the game as well as fill in at short stop if Correa gets hurt.
the last of the bohemians
Over under on how many times bregman walks today , 2.5 seems fair
Jake is not getting dropped off any playoff roster...arguably the best defensive center fielder in baseball
Mathguy64
AG
Cubs just let Maddon go. Technically he wasn't fired, just that his contract expired and the Cubs said it would not be extended.
Mr President Elect
AG
How many teams carry a CF closer??? Not to mention Straw is a step faster than Jake, which is why I would like to see him tested and see how he reads and plays the balls out there.
Farmer1906
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Don't forget the Brewers are without Yelich and possibly Braun. But yeah they've turned it on.

Oh, I know, but they've done t with pitching during this run.
Farmer1906
AG
the last of the bohemians said:

Jake is not getting dropped off any playoff roster...arguably the best defensive center fielder in baseball

He's an elite CF. But how much value is he bringing to this team the playoffs?

I had this discussion with someone (07?) a few days (week?) back. No One is doubt his skill. I'd take a superior hitter (Tucker) it base stealer (Straw) over the elite defense for the 8th or 9th.
Jake is a fair debate....guess I expect us to have the lead more often than not going into late innings... if I took the flip side that we have to rally more often then not, then sure you go with straw... but our strength is obviously great starters
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I found this on an on-line search:

Quote:

Under the new system, the team with the better record will open the World Series at home. If both teams have the same record, the next tiebreaker is head-to-head record. If that doesn't solve it, the team with the best record within its own division gets home-field advantage.
Since you seem to know everything, you could have just told me (a) to look it up for myself, or (b) told me this. I mean, you come off as a complete tool by being such a dick to someone for asking a quesiton.

I mean it's not like it wasnt running across the ESPN scroll for the last 8 hrs straight and hasn't been asked and answered 10 times (nicely) on this thread in the last 24 hrs. You made the mistake, not the person you are angry with.
Nice assumption you have made that I have been sitting in front of my TV for the last 8 hrs. I watched the Pig game yesterday and then nothing else.

Rusty whatever the f his name is, I have blocked that SOB. I didn't make any mistake here.
Philip J Fry
AG
BowSowy said:

I definitely want him on the roster. His potential is greater than any replacement, especially if he's healthy

At risk of incurring the wrath of Beef-O-Rama

What happens if Correa hurts his back flying to Oakland? Is he just a wasted roster spot?
Big Al 1992
AG
mathguy86 said:

Here is the current career strikeout list. The next couple of seasons (barring injuries) should see JV rocket up. Last year he set his career high at 281 and of course broke it with 300 last night. Even at 280 a year, he could end somewhere close to Sutton in 2 years. 3 years from now at this rate he will pick off Seaver and Blyleven.

1. Nolan Ryan, 5,714
2. Randy Johnson, 4,875
3. Roger Clemens, 4,672
4. Steve Carlton, 4,136
5. Bert Blyleven, 3,701
6. Tom Seaver , 3,640
7. Don Sutton , 3,574
8. Gaylord Perry , 3,534
9. Walter Johnson, 3,508
10. Greg Maddux, 3,371
11. Phil Niekro, 3,342
12. Ferguson Jenkins, 3,192
13. Pedro Martnez , 3,154
14. Bob Gibson, 3,117
15. Curt Schilling, 3,116
16. CC Sabathia, 3,093
17. John Smoltz, 3,084
18. Justin Verlander, 3,006

One third of that list have worn Astro uniforms, included the top 3.
Ryan, Clemens, Johnson, Sutton, Schilling, and now JV.
Ag_07
AG
You've got to let this go.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
So hurt

I've never liked the block feature more
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Ag_07 said:

I did.
n_touch
What if one of the teams we dont own the tiebreaker with makes it?
BMX Bandit
Philip J Fry said:

BowSowy said:

I definitely want him on the roster. His potential is greater than any replacement, especially if he's healthy

What happens if Correa hurts his back flying to Oakland? Is he just a wasted roster spot?

He can be replaced on roster.

Hope we win today so we get home field over Oakland and don't have to fly out there this Thursday.
Farmer1906
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

expresswrittenconsent said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I found this on an on-line search:

Quote:

Under the new system, the team with the better record will open the World Series at home. If both teams have the same record, the next tiebreaker is head-to-head record. If that doesn't solve it, the team with the best record within its own division gets home-field advantage.
Since you seem to know everything, you could have just told me (a) to look it up for myself, or (b) told me this. I mean, you come off as a complete tool by being such a dick to someone for asking a quesiton.

I mean it's not like it wasnt running across the ESPN scroll for the last 8 hrs straight and hasn't been asked and answered 10 times (nicely) on this thread in the last 24 hrs. You made the mistake, not the person you are angry with.
Nice assumption you have made that I have been sitting in front of my TV for the last 8 hrs. I watched the Pig game yesterday and then nothing else.

Rusty whatever the f his name is, I have blocked that SOB. I didn't make any mistake here.

Give it up already.
Farmer1906
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Philip J Fry said:

BowSowy said:

He can be replaced on roster.

Hope we win today so we get home field over Oakland and don't have to fly out there this Thursday.

He can't be on the ALCS either.
Bregxit
AG
Ag_07 said:

Yeah someone is about to become an Astros thread meme.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Stanton is an idiot. He put Straw, Jake, Machete and Stubbs on his playoff roster. Those were his bench bats. No Tucker, no Correa, no Toro. I will wager my paycheck that doesn't happen.
Mr President Elect
AG
I am not sure how I feel about Miley being on the roster. I think best case scenario would be that we find some garbage time for him to pitch and he goes lights out and then we can maybe rely on him later on in the playoff run.
mwm
I like Jake. I really do. He is a premier defensive CF. His offense is, however, virtually non-existent.

I soured on Jake last night in an early AB. I'm pretty sure we had a runner in scoring position. We were down 3-0. Jake got a centercut 1-1 fastball at 90 mph and flat-out whiffed. At this level, you've got to hit that kind of mistake.
tjack16
AG
It would be extremely weird to see this But we have a chance to play against Morton, Marwin Gonzalez, McCann and keuchel this postseason
Mathguy64
AG
Jose needs to go 2-2 or 2-3 for .300. Yuli needs the same. Yuli could also go 2-4. If they go 2-2 I bet they get subbed out.
Mathguy64
AG
Jose is on track and the windmill is engaged!
Teddy Perkins
AG
Jose 1 for 1 with a double scoring Springer! Woot!
PhatMack19
AG
Altuve trying to get to .300
dshedd41
S
Tuve!
Gig’em Aggies!
jetch17
AG
Tuve
Mathguy64
AG
Alex just isn't getting much to drive. He's being patient. I like that.
PhatMack19
AG
mathguy86 said:

Alex just isn't getting much to drive. He's being patient. I like that.

Ausmus is a ****** and isn't going to let Bregman get any stats, so his guy can win the MVP
bearkatag15
AG
Hope Yordan figures out what is going on soon. Lots of Ks this last week and only a couple hits
First Page Last Page
Page 1137 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.