***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,225 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Beat40 said:

AggiEE said:

Seriously **** this game

Good idea resting half our team all at the same time, AJ...now everyone is gonna feel like **** tomorrow

Because AJ is clairvoyant and cans foresee a 12+ inning game?

I'm sure he could foresee us not scoring ****

No clue why he had to rest them all at once
Baseball-Junkie
He's safe cause Diaz played it like **** too. Get the tag on him and hold it there. If it was a held tag, he came off the bag.

Edit - I actually think Diaz was fooled by him coming in standing up.
Baseball-Junkie
Well, Tucker doesn't look good at 1st. Yordan couldn't play the position any worse.
AggiEE
Hinched tonight
Bregxit
AG
Walk scores. Way to **** it up Joe.
bearkatag15
AG
That was a bad 1B by Tucker.
AggiEE
bearkatag15 said:

That was a bad 1B by Tucker.

I think it's ok to experiment with him at 1B when we have a big lead...not in a close game

Again...hinched.

It happens

If for whatever reason we don't get HF, we will look back on this game

Ridiculous loss
agcat
AG
AggiEE said:

Hinched tonight
Yep. AJ mailed it in when he took the lineup card out before the game. I can see resting some players but why in God's name do you sit Alvarez on the same night? The DH needs a rest? LOL
bearkatag15
AG
Error charged to Tucker
Baseball-Junkie
bearkatag15 said:

Error charged to Tucker

It was routine ball, just like the one he took off the chest an inning before.
AggiEE
agcat said:

AggiEE said:

Hinched tonight
Yep. AJ mailed it in when he took the lineup card out before the game. I can see resting some players but why in God's name do you sit Alvarez on the same night? The DH needs a rest? LOL

Yordan has been either walking to first base or walking his way to home base frequently so AJ wanted to give his hamstrings some rest
Philip J Fry
AG
Give me a break with this Hinched Bull***** He put Springer in with the bases loaded and 1 out. Springer didn't get it done. He gambled with his best ace in the hole and lost an almost meaningless game.
titanmaster_race
Devil's advocate: why play your regular guys when Miley is gonna pitch? I think if hinch knew Miley was gonna go 4IP with only 3 runs allowed he might have put a better lineup out there.
titanmaster_race
Also Biagini stinks. His interview shtick is gonna get real old if he's also a joke on the mound.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Maybe it's because you stayed up late but some of you guys need to chill the eff out on losing ONE game. 5 years ago this team was winning 54 games a year instead of losing that many. Houston hasn't had a sports run like this since the rockets went back to back in the 90s. The astros are 50 games over .500, this Hinched BS is something you'd expect from the zoo. Hope some of you have extra diapers and teething rings on standby because we might (gasp) lose some playoff games too
Ag_07
AG
Man reading these threads the day after is quite entertaining.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Reading through the last few pages makes it seem like a bunch of little league dads were watching their kids play. Relax, guys.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Also, as someone who used to say "Hinched" pretty regularly, that term really should have been retired long ago. We've got a great manager.
Hulla Baller
AG
So is Tucker > Reddick after last night?
The Milkman
AG
It's also ridiculous to see after every loss "if we don't get home field they will look back at this one".
CoachRTM
AG
3 games left

1 game up on the Dodgers
2 games up on the Yankees.

We own all tiebreakers.
iBrad
AG
Hulla Baller said:

It was definitely a forgettable night for Tucker after the home run.
Ags #1
AG
Better go 11-0 in the playoffs or this thread will implode
bearkatag15
AG
Ags #1 said:

If Hinch doesn't go 11-0 with this team then Crane and Lunhow really need to re-evaluate who they have managing this team
Farmer1906
AG
Hulla Baller said:

Yes.
Prosperdick
AG
We basically gave that game away when AJ turned in the lineup card and we STILL almost won. I'm just happy Miley looked better and some of our young guys got more reps and our studs got some rest. The win from the night before made last night's game possible.

We're still in the driver's seat while other teams are having to press like crazy...you think the Yankees or Dodgers are resting half their lineup.
Charlie Conway
bearkatag15 said:

Ags #1 said:

If Hinch doesn't go 11-0 with this team then Crane and Lunhow really need to re-evaluate who they have managing this team
/sarcasm
AggiEE
Gramercy Riffs said:

Also, as someone who used to say "Hinched" pretty regularly, that term really should have been retired long ago. We've got a great manager.

Who said he isn't?

We still got hinched last night

Sowwy
AggiEE
Hulla Baller said:

He's the only one that scored a run of the two
Deluxe
AG
I actually like that we have fans who care enough to complain about a mostly meaningless game at 2am.

I do think the term "Hinched" needs to be retired though. We didn't get to Anaheim til 4am Thursday morning. So I don't have any issue with giving most of our guys the night off... especially with the uncertainty of Miley pitching. If the weekend rolls around and we still need a win or two to secure home field, we can always roll out the lineup of death with JV/Cole.
SquirrellyDan
AG
AggiEE said:

Gramercy Riffs said:

Who said he isn't?

We still got hinched last night

Sowwy
"Hinched" also means winning a World Series and being in prime position for another one.
The Milkman
AG
AJ Hinch is above reproach or criticism from fans. The idea of "play your best players so you win every game" isnt a good one.
CFTXAG10
AG
Prosperdick said:

We basically gave that game away when AJ turned in the lineup card and we STILL almost won.
This. I know the Angels are missing guys too, but we still put up a fight with Tucker's solo shot and Super Jack's 2 run blast. Pitching was pretty good too, especially from the bullpen.

Also, I would love home field throughout, but I think it matters way more in the ALDS and ALCS than the WS for this club.
AustinCountyAg
titanmaster_race said:

Also Biagini stinks. His interview shtick is gonna get real old if he's also a joke on the mound.
I said this the day after he got traded here and I got roasted. glad to see everyone else is finally starting to open their eyes
Harry Dunne
Hulla Baller said:

Tucker has more talent and a brighter future, but we'll see who shows up in October. Like with Beltran and nearly the entire bullpen in '17, if Reddick doesn't come out hot he will get sat pretty quickly...but I do think Hinch will start out with Reddick.
First Page Last Page
Page 1118 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.