***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,637 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm still not in the trade him boat for two reasons.

1) We wouldn't get what he's worth. It'd be selling when his stock is as low as it's gonna get.

2) He's cheap. His salary isn't handicapping us so if he plays great if not he sits on the IL all year and his replacement plays.

But yes you can't rely on him to be in there. Assume he's not and rejoice when he is.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
How pissed is Tucker/Straw.... his fragile porcelain ass is going to cost one of them a roster spot in the post season
tremble
AG
Dude has serious issues if he's just turning 25 and his back is that bad.
the last of the bohemians
Funny thing is that tonight's lineup is probably better than 2011 astros regular lineup
So is this the last postseason for Correa as an Astro?
McInnis
AG
I followed the comparison of the Astros with the 1927 Yankees with a lot of interest. But can one of you guys that seem to be an expert in these things explain this:

If the Astros ' offense is better than the rest of the league by as much as the Yankees were as evidenced by their WRC+, then why did the Yankees have such a better record? They would have finished more than 10 games ahead of the Astros based on their record. The Astros have one of the best pitching staffs in history, much better than the Yankees had (isn't that right?). I know that Waite Hoyt is in the HOF but I cannot name any other pitcher of the Yankees from the 20s. Is it a myth that the Yankees teams of that era didn't have great pitching?

And this discussion of how a modern team would do if magically transported back in time to the 1920's - can you imagine a Carlos Correa would handle a 16 hour train ride from New York to St. Louis several times a season?
spadilly
S
I wouldn't even carry Correa in round one. Dude will probably reinjure his back in pregame BP or taking infield.
bearkatag15
AG

Oh boy Hinch isn't holding back. Mocking him now
Bregxit
AG
Anyone think Correa is pulling this nonsense because he is trying to get traded? He did start taking advice from ARod and switched to his agent.
astros4545
AG
Bregxit said:

Anyone think Correa is pulling this nonsense because he is trying to get traded? He did start taking advice from ARod and switched to his agent.

No
Ag_07
AG
Wow! Says a lot when Hinch is throwing shade.

Last time we saw this AJ it was during the Giles back and forth.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I'll say it.

I don't like Correa. Like at all. Everything about him rubs me the wrong way.

Leave him off the roster. He will either be hurt and not play or "hurt" and suck ass. We've seen it before.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Trade the fk out of him.
Bregxit
AG
astros4545 said:

Bregxit said:

No

What's the angle then? The team medical staff isn't keeping him out. He says he feels fine and does all of the pre-game stuff.

I say try to send him to Colorado with Whitley for Arrenado. Let Bregs stay at SS.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Dude has literally never stepped up when it matters most.
astros4545
AG
Arenado sucks and we'd find that out quickly with him away from Coors field

Plus we'd have to give up a lot more
iBrad
AG
Correa's trade value is as low as it's ever been.
AustinCountyAg
I diasagree with that. But.... I am not a fan of Correa. To me he comes off as a pompous pretty boy who thinks he's a hall of famer. He just rubs me the wrong way. With that said you have to hold on to him and it would be foolish to trade him now unless some idiot team makes an offer you can't refuse. I for one won't miss him whenever he does leave the organization.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

A little hyperbole. Correa had some big ABs in the 2017 WS.
Farmer1906
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I'll say it.

I don't like Correa. Like at all. Everything about him rubs me the wrong way.

Leave him off the roster. He will either be hurt and not play or "hurt" and suck ass. We've seen it before.

He's easily the least like able guy on the team and it isn't close. Just don't confuse it with him sucking. When he's on the field and healthy he's elite. It just seems like he's on the field less and less.
Farmer1906
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Yeah that's not true at all.
astroaggie27
Although I agree that the dude is brittle and pretty ****ing weird. To say that he's never come through is ridiculous. We don't win in 2017 without him
Texas A&M

As someone who's lucky enough (and old enough) to have watched him play, this is pretty cool.
titanmaster_race
bearkatag15 said:

Damn.

Was it correa's decision to shut down until the post season? Or Hinch's?
Ag_07
AG
So next year why don't we just put him on the 60 DL to start the season so we can use his roster spot and just leave him there until August. Then he can come back and get his annual 75 games in and be ready for the playoffs.
something tells me Hinch knows how Correa really broke his rib and is fairly p!ssed off about it
CFTXAG10
AG
The Correa news sucks but I really hope it's more cautionary than anything. Don't need him to finish out the season but definitely need him out there at SS in the playoffs.
Ag_07
AG
I think it's just Hinch is pissed off about being strung along.

Correa told him he could play after just a day then he can't then he's down for a week.

He doesn't like being lied to and I have a feeling it's happening repeatedly.
titanmaster_race
I think that's probably the most accurate take
Ag_07
AG
And honestly if flying bothers him that much and he's not playing then fly him back now. That's 3 more days of recovery at home.
W
AG
whoa, Hinch finally laying the smack down
if Toro would start hitting that back of Correa's would magically feel a lot better me thinks
agcat
AG
AggiEE said:

Ag_07 said:

From just tightness and in the lineup tomorrow to out another week with hopes of returning for the playoffs.

He should lose money in arbitration this off-season.

Or trade him, which I'm somewhat leaning towards if we can find a solid deal for pitching instead.

We've managed just fine without him most of the season. Would love to have him healthy but man he is injured all the time over seemingly nothing at all, it's comical at this point and he's not reliable
Trade him and get something for him while you can. When he signs with someone else after next season you get nothing. Hell, you aren't losing anything. He's never on the field anyway.
Bregxit
AG
titanmaster_race said:

bearkatag15 said:

Damn.

Was it correa's decision to shut down until the post season? Or Hinch's?

This is all Correa's decision according AJ.
Marvin
AG
Texas A&M said:

As someone who's lucky enough (and old enough) to have watched him play, this is pretty cool.

Met JR at church not too long ago. Great man, and a great life story of perseverance and faith. Shook his hand and I swear he could have wrapped his fingers entirely around my head. Huge. Imagine holding a tootsie pop in your palm- that was my hand.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
First Page Last Page
Page 1109 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.