***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,475 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Big Al 1992
AG
Suck it Boston!
Harry Stone
AG
i think the yanks lose 2 of their remaining 5. id love to see them lose 2 before saturday and we sit verlander and cole next weekend.
07ag
AG
bregman looks a little drunk
https://ts.la/eric59704
tjack16
AG
Remember when people on here wanted to trade Bergman for Chris Sale in 2017
Mr.Bond
AG
tjholley16 said:

Remember when people on here wanted to trade Bergman for Chris Sale in 2017

Yup. I said countless times and feel free to go back and check. That this would be like passing up on Jeter if we gave away bregman little did we know bregman was going to be better than Jeter
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

CFTXAG10
AG
Furlock Bones
AG
Great game today. We took our 6 month old to her first game. For a little loud for her with all of the scoring.
Bregxit
AG
Crazy to think we may have the AL RoY, MVP and Cy Young all on our team...I wonder if that has ever happened before.
Farmer1906
AG
It hasn't.
AustinCountyAg
Now it's fixing to get fun....
titanmaster_race
Would be awesome, but I don't think trout missing the last week and a half off the season is enough for the voters to put bregs in for mvp
Ag_07
AG
That's so great. Gave me chills.

This team is special, determined, and really fckn good.

I like our chances!
Texaggie7nine
Beat40
titanmaster_race said:

Would be awesome, but I don't think trout missing the last week and a half off the season is enough for the voters to put bregs in for mvp

Especially since writers keep using the "he can't help the rest of his team is really bad" line as part of their justification when Trout made a clear decision to stay on a team where the rest of his teammates are really bad.

I don't blame him because he got great money.
Farmer1906
AG
Beat40 said:

titanmaster_race said:

Especially since writers keep using the "he can't help the rest of his team is really bad" line as part of their justification when Trout made a clear decision to stay on a team where the rest of his teammates are really bad.

Still think is a bad take. He's loyal to the org and city. Nothing wrong with that.
Johnsy3
AG
Beat40 said:

titanmaster_race said:

If he's truly the most valuable player, then wouldn't his team be performing a little better? No way we win 100 games this year with our injuries if Bregman hadn't stayed healthy and dominant.
Unemployed
AG
TXAG14 said:

Sparky about to get wet!

This never gets old.
tjack16
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Now it's fixing to get fun....

This next week and a half is gonna drag ... October 4th can't come soon enough
titanmaster_race
Farmer1906 said:

Beat40 said:

titanmaster_race said:

Still think is a bad take. He's loyal to the org and city. Nothing wrong with that.
Beat40
What's a bad take? My stance that their argument is not a good one or the writers argument itself?

To put it easier, haha, so you agree with the writers or not?
Farmer1906
AG
Beat40 said:

What's a bad take? My stance that their argument is not a good one or the writers argument itself?

To put it easier, haha, so you agree with the writers or not?
IDK

I'm listening to sparky so I probably read it wrong.
Mathguy64
AG
Home now to watch the celebration on the DVD. Celebrate boys and enjoy it. Luckily tomorrow is an off day.
titanmaster_race
Johnsy3 said:

Beat40 said:

titanmaster_race said:

If he's truly the most valuable player, then wouldn't his team be performing a little better? No way we win 100 games this year with our injuries if Bregman hadn't stayed healthy and dominant.

There is literally a metric to estimate a single player's contribution to his team's record.

You know who has the highest WAR in the AL this season? Mike Trout at 8.2. The only other person in baseball this year with a higher WAR is Cody Bellinger with an 8.6. And he is a lock for the NL MVP.

Bregman is sitting at 7.7
Ag_07
AG
My thought is that it's not a knock on Trout for being on a crappy team but it does give a bump to Bregs for doing it on the best team when the games matter all year.

It has to count for something.
iBrad
AG
Most valuable player shouldn't default to player with the highest WAR. Bregman's WAR and his contributions to his team throughout the season make him a worthy candidate, if not more deserving than Trout.
n_touch
Working on October Reign tumbler. PM Me if interested.
agdaddy04
AG
n_touch said:

Working on October Reign tumbler. PM Me if interested.

Dang it... take my money again
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Alright boys, what are we buying? Anyone seeing and shirts with "back to back to back" On it?
titanmaster_race
I agree, not arguing that it should. Just pointing out that there is a metric to semi track "we wouldn't have won X amount of games without our guy"
Farmer1906
AG
cpsencik04 said:

Alright boys, what are we buying? Anyone seeing and shirts with "back to back to back" On it?
After the ring, I kind of stopped caring about gear with AL West or Postseason on it.
Mathguy64
AG
Yankees have 5 left, all on the road. 2 @ TB and 3 at the end @ Arlington. I wouldn't be shocked to see them split with TB and lose 1 on Arlington. Even if we go 4-2 the rest of the way they have to go 5-0.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I didn't buy anything for last year but back to back to back doesn't happen often.... plus my son is outgrowing the '17 stuff that I bought larger for him.

He needs new swag and I like when we match/mama doesn't complain if I buy myself stuff when I match him
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

cpsencik04 said:

After the ring, I kind of stopped caring about gear with AL West or Postseason on it.

I just get the on field postseason cap.... then wait for World Series merch
TREX01
Where can we get the full audio of sparky?
First Page Last Page
Page 1083 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.