***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,491 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Unemployed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just seems like this team either is really great or just plain awful.

It's probably not the case but it just feels that way.
dshedd41
Unemployed
AG
agcat said:

I hate to say it but As are going to be tough to beat in the west next year with no Cole in our rotation. Very tough.
Who freaking cares about next year.
agcat
AG
I would rather be us matched up against the Twins than the Yankees matched up against the As.
agcat
AG
RealTalk said:

agcat said:

I hate to say it but As are going to be tough to beat in the west next year with no Cole in our rotation. Very tough.
Who freaking cares about next year.
I hope the Astro organization.
Silent For Too Long
0 for 10 with risp ain't gonna get it done boys.
CFTXAG10
AG
Crazy thing is the A's aren't guaranteed a spot in the wild card. Just 1 game up on the Indians. They are playing like a team that knows that.
Frok
AG
Just can't get clutch hits. That's what made the 2017 team so good.
Unemployed
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

And 9 of those ABs were from Altuve, Springer, Brantley, and Bregman.
Silent For Too Long
mazag08 said:

Hope we don't play the Athletics in the playoffs.

They dodged Cole this series and had a couple games against our bp.

Tonight was just flukish. More often then not we scratch a bit more of that traffic home.

I'm not worried about the As, though I'm concerned about home field. Still plenty of games to play to catch back up. We've all seen much bigger leads then this surpassed down the stretch.
Ags #1
AG
I would love a series against the A'a in the playoffs. Give me them over the Yankees or twins imo
Silent For Too Long
RealTalk said:

Silent For Too Long said:

And 9 of those ABs were from Altuve, Springer, Brantley, and Bregman.

Yeah that's painful.
Phrasing
AG
Ags #1 said:

I would love a series against the A'a in the playoffs. Give me them over the Yankees or twins imo

For some reason we can't hit against their pitching outside of Fiers. Maybe it's just lack of focus but it's maddening right now.
AggiEE
Phrasing said:

Ags #1 said:

For some reason we can't hit against their pitching outside of Fiers. Maybe it's just lack of focus but it's maddening right now.

We had some decent hits tonight, just completely awful in doing little things to score them through
Phrasing
AG
AggiEE said:

Phrasing said:

Ags #1 said:

We had some decent hits tonight, just completely awful in doing little things to score them through

It's like the Seinfeld episode - "You know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to HOLD the reservation, which is really the whole point of the reservation" - or something like that.

We know how to get the hits, we just don't know how to plate the hits, which really is the whole point of trying to get hits in the first place.
W
AG
agcat said:

if Jesus and Puk get it together in the offseason...the A's could have a fairly strong rotation.

Semien, Chapman, and Olson will be back atop the lineup in 2020
W
AG
btw...Semien was the best SS in the division this year --- healthy or unhealthy Correa
Farmer1906
AG
Offensively? Healthy Correa has been clearly better. If we're not counting Correa because he's not healthy then the answer is Bregman.

If we're talking defensively then it's Simmons and it ain't close.
iBrad
AG
It's hard to say Semien would have been better than healthy Correa since Correa wasn't healthy. He is putting up a better season than Correa ever has, but that's because Carlos can't stay healthy.
Ag_07
AG
The only reason I would hate to play in OAK in the playoffs is having to watch more games at that dump of a stadium that has a football field's worth of foul ground down either foul line. Plus having to here those obnoxious drums anymore than we already have to.
KC_Ag14
AG
W said:

btw...Semien was the best SS in the division this year --- healthy or unhealthy Correa
When we let Correa walk, I would happily accept this version of Semien as a replacement. Guy is a professional hitter. I do think he would be a downgrade defensively. Correa has really proven himself to be one of the best defensive shortstops in the big leagues.
Deluxe
AG
I think Oakland is kinda dangerous. Gonna win mid 90s games back to back years. Kinda feel bad for them that they put together this team during the Astros dynasty era.

It seems like they just have a lot of tricky outs in their lineup. A lot of guys who can attack pitchers different ways. I think it takes our pitchers extra time to figure out what they're strategy is any given night, and that can totally change the next night.

They may not have the most headline talent, but they are a damn good team.

I don't put too much stock into these games because they are playing for a lot more than we are right now, but I'd honestly prefer to avoid them in October. Just seems like their unpredictable offensive approach helps offset our pitching advantage.
CFTXAG10
AG
The A's are a good baseball team. I still think something that separated us this series was their club being a little more locked in given that they are only 1 game away from missing the playoffs entirely. This isn't them chasing a division title. They are fighting for their playoff lives.

On a side note: As much as some (not necessarily on this thread) may not like to admit it, we could use Correa for this final stretch of the regular season and into the postseason. Get him back, start working in Yuli, and lets win the whole damn thing.
Frok
AG
The stat that concerns me is the Astros are now 0-47 on the season when trailing after 8 innings.

Not one 9th inning comeback win.
Bregxit
AG
Frok said:

The stat that concerns me is the Astros are now 0-47 on the season when trailing after 8 innings.

What about our 12th inning comeback last week?
Mathguy64
AG
Frok said:

We trailed after 8 the other day but ended going to extra innings before winning in the 13th. That's definitely a comeback win,

Now maybe we have gone 0-47 trailing in the 8th and losing in the 9th.
Farmer1906
AG
Frok said:

That stat ain't accurate.
Ag_07
AG
Well we're looking at 100+ win season, a division championship, possibly home field advantage, and the odds on favorite to win a WS.

I'm gonna say that stat doesn't mean much.
agdaddy04
AG
mathguy86 said:

Frok said:

We trailed after 8 the other day but ended going to extra innings before winning in the 13th. That's definitely a comeback win,

We actually tied that one in the 8th and not the 9th, right?
Bregxit
AG
agdaddy04 said:

mathguy86 said:

Frok said:

We actually tied that one in the 8th and not the 9th, right?

But we trailed in the 12th.
dshedd41
S

Gig’em Aggies!
bearkatag15
AG

No Uncle Mike tonight
W
AG
the front office must really be worried about Brantley's health for the playoffs.

he is probably not going to reach the 150-games played plateau...despite never going on the IL during the season.

as of today he has started 133 of the Astros 148 games (and appeared as a pinch hitter 4 times)
Bregxit
AG
W said:

the front office must really be worried about Brantley's health for the playoffs.

he is probably not going to reach the 150-games played plateau...despite never going on the IL during the season.

as of today he has started 133 of the Astros 148 games (and appeared as a pinch hitter 4 times)
I think that is their management method with the whole team. Bregman only has 5 more game appearances than Brantley. Brantley is second behind Bregman on the team for game appearances and plate appearances.

If George, Yuli, Altuve and Correa (laugh) hadn't had their injury issues this season I think you'd see all of them at right around 145-150ish games.
Frok
AG
[Img]" alt="IMG-1777" border="0"
[/img]
First Page Last Page
Page 1033 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.