*****Official Texas Rangers 2018 Season Thread*****

330,253 Views | 4317 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mr Gigem
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I did not take it as Rangers fans being unable to take a joke. More that it could be viewed as kind of harsh and dickish toward the Dodgers.

I don't think it's a big deal in general, but again, Twitter can be a tough place to joke where there is no body language to send and things meant to be lighthearted can get taken the wrong way.
mavsfan4ever
AG
I haven't heard the Dodgers say anything about it (but maybe I missed it). All I've heard from the radio and this thread is our fans *****ing about it over and over and acting like it was such poor taste. I like a little personality from team and company twitter accounts. I thought it was a funny tweet and nothing for either side to get upset about.

I agree with your point about twitter being a tough place to tell jokes, etc. I just didn't think this came close to crossing a line.
mhayden
I agree with AccidentProne here. Not a big deal overall, but might not go over that well with some fans being asked to shell out money for 2019 season tickets (and even more for 2020 season tickets) for a last place team. Whether it's fake or not, you want your sales force to be exuding confidence to fans, not jokingly commiserating about how you were good once (or twice) a long time ago also...
KT 90
AG
Quote:

Time to leave this thread, gentlemen?

Convert over to an off-season thread? Yes, probably time for that.

KT 90
AG
Quote:

I thought it was a funny tweet and nothing for either side to get upset about.

Ditto. It'll blow over and be long forgotten here shortly anyway.

mavsfan4ever
AG
free_mhayden said:

I agree with AccidentProne here. Not a big deal overall, but might not go over that well with some fans being asked to shell out money for 2019 season tickets (and even more for 2020 season tickets) for a last place team. Whether it's fake or not, you want your sales force to be exuding confidence to fans, not jokingly commiserating about how you were good once (or twice) a long time ago also...
I didn't realize Rangers fans were such snowflakes and had to be coddled 24/7. I'm not directing this at you because I know alot of people legitimately feel this way. But I just think this is such a ridiculous take and makes me seriously question the makeup of our fan base. If someone chose not to buy season tix because of that tweet then I honestly would not want to be sitting next to them at a game anyways.

I know the club doesn't care who comes to the games and wants as many people as possible, but that shouldn't mean our twitter has to be as vanilla as humanly possible. If they want more butts in seats, then having a little more edge with the twitter personality will definitely speak to the younger crowd and should more than make up for the few fans who are fake offended by the tweets.
gomerschlep
AG
It was a little rough watching Mitch and Kinsler win a title. Not gonna lie.
bigcat22
AG
gomerschlep said:

It was a little rough watching Mitch and Kinsler win a title. Not gonna lie.
Especially when you realized other guys on that 2011 Rangers team like Young, Beltre, or Lewis don't have a title.
thirty-two
AG
Chris Woodward
Baby Billy
AG
Is this a good hire?
Silvertaps
AG
Huell Babineaux said:

Is this a good hire?

I like it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
2018 season is over. Time to stick a fork in this one.
option short side
AG
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texas-rangers/rangers/2018/11/03/19-things-new-rangers-managerchris-woodward-address-2019-including-call-first-willing-experiment pretty good read
Mr Gigem
AG
*****Official End of Thread*****

Here is the new one

https://texags.com/forums/53/topics/2994144
First Page Refresh
Page 124 of 124

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.