***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,332,618 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I blame Academy for the loss last night.... they started posting all of those ads saying "following the Astros world series win" .... they didn't have to announce they'd be open, anybody with a brain could figure out they would have world series gear right after the game.
Beat40
cone said:

prepare your anus for pastor joe buck and the right side of history sermon re: yuli v. yu

the sanctimony will be off the charts

rich hill is a clown for his post-game comments

What did rich hill say?
CoachRTM
AG
Can you imagine if Yu completely accidentally hits Yuli on the first pitch he sees tonight?

I think the world might explode.
Frok
AG
tjholley17 said:

I blame Academy for the loss last night.... they started posting all of those ads saying "following the Astros world series win" .... they didn't have to announce they'd be open, anybody with a brain could figure out they would have world series gear right after the game.

No kidding. The greatest deception of a jinx is making you think it doesn't exist.
astros4545
AG
In my opinion

Tonight is a must win game
Schrute
astros4545 said:

In my opinion

screw-tu
I feel very confident in LMJ. Our boys just need to settle down at the plate. They were hitting the bal as hard as I've ever seen it hit against Yu. Don't give a flying **** who's favored. We got this.
irish pete ag06
AG
Ag_07 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Even Peterson's homerun only has a 40% hit probability.

Even he didn't think it was going out. Then he goes into some tirade like he just blasted one.

I'm all for a little showmanship as I think it adds some personality into the game and I enjoy seeing guys celebrate, but for me once you hit 1B go into your trot and act like you've been there. The initial reaction caught in the moment stage is over by then.

His whole cash out trot around 2nd and 3rd was a little much.
I love all that stuff, but yes that 3rd to home thing was a little much.
Beat40
irish pete ag06 said:

Ag_07 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Even Peterson's homerun only has a 40% hit probability.

Even he didn't think it was going out. Then he goes into some tirade like he just blasted one.

I'm all for a little showmanship as I think it adds some personality into the game and I enjoy seeing guys celebrate, but for me once you hit 1B go into your trot and act like you've been there. The initial reaction caught in the moment stage is over by then.

His whole cash out trot around 2nd and 3rd was a little much.
I love all that stuff, but yes that 3rd to home thing was a little much.

Agreed.
irish pete ag06
AG
astros4545 said:

In my opinion

This and 1 other time this year is this statement 100% true.
03_Aggie
Not sure what all he said but he did say that he intentionally stepped off the mound for both of Yuli's at bats so that the crowd could continue to boo him. And that he didn't think the punishment fit the crime.
redline248
AG
How many of you will pledge right now that when Yuli takes Darvish yard again you'll run around the house/bar/stands making slant eyes?
astros4545
AG
redline248 said:

How many of you will pledge right now that when Yuli takes Darvish yard again you'll run around the house/bar/stands making slant eyes?

I work for Samsung

I'll do it in the expats faces right now
n_touch
astros4545 said:

redline248 said:

I work for Samsung

I'll do it in the expats faces right now

Its things like this that have you in solid running for MVP
screw-tu
Astros4545, nuke, mathguy all neck and neck
Big Al 1992
AG
Ready for tonight!!!!

Who else should pinch hit for Beltran. Pretty worthless AB last night and in game 4. He has been nails in those situations his whole career.
Maybin - batting about 200
Fisher - need him to pinch run later
maca1028
Is it too early for rally bewbs?
Ag_07
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Ready for tonight!!!!

Who else should pinch hit for Beltran.

Pinch hit for a pinch hitter?

Talk about getting #hinched
n_touch
Isn't mathguy studing penquins right now?
aTm2004
AG
maca1028 said:

Is it too early for rally bewbs?

ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
screw-tu
Yep, he benched. But I have a feeling he still might make a glorious exit tonight.
htxag09
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

i need to stay off of social media.

All anyone on the damn bandwagon is talking about is benching Reddick.

seriously, just shut the f*** up.

Hope he ****ing mashes tonight.
I understand runs like this bring out the bandwagon fans, and I have 0 problem with it. What I have a problem with are the ones who are so damn opinionated and will argue with you even though you've missed fewer games than they've watched.....
irish pete ag06
AG
htxag09 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

i need to stay off of social media.

All anyone on the damn bandwagon is talking about is benching Reddick.

seriously, just shut the f*** up.

Hope he ****ing mashes tonight.
I understand runs like this bring out the bandwagon fans, and I have 0 problem with it. What I have a problem with are the ones who are so damn opinionated and will argue with you even though you've missed fewer games than they've watched.....
So much this. They base all of their baseball decisions on the last AB or one one game when they haven't watched more than a few innings of the 162 played earlier this year.
Big Al 1992
AG
Ag_07 said:

Big Al 1992 said:

Ready for tonight!!!!

Who else should pinch hit for Beltran.

Pinch hit for a pinch hitter?

Talk about getting #hinched

Ok - should've said instead of.
screw-tu
Benching Reddick tonight sends a bad long term message in my opinion. Don't see Hinch doing thst. He helped get us here. He can break out at any time. Always a plus defensively
Big Al 1992
AG
Stats to tuck away for Game 7 on Dodger bullpen in WS:

After off day:
0.00 ERA, 0.947 WHIP

No off day:
8.22 ERA, 1.826 WHIP

Let's eat.
Texaggie7nine
Can we wear our home jerseys tonight?
7nine
Schrute
Texaggie7nine said:

Can we wear our home jerseys tonight?
Let's wear the same ones that we wore in Game 2.
Buck Compton
AG
Rough night last night. REALLY disappointed with the offensive effort against that chump Hill. He proved just how much of a ******bag he is with his post game comments. That being said, I know we have some fight left in us against a righty tonight.

My lineup:

Springer
Bregman
Altuve
Correa
Gurriel
Gonzalez
McCann
Reddick
McCullers

I would debate swapping Marwin and Yuli to avoid 4 straight outs against any lefty reliever.
Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
Schrute
Buck Compton said:

Rough night last night. REALLY disappointed with the offensive effort against that chump Hill. He proved just how much of a foychebag he is with his post game comments. That being said, I know we have some fight left in us against a righty tonight.

My lineup:

Springer
Bregman
Altuve
Correa
Gurriel
Gonzalez
McCann
Reddick
McCullers

I would debate swapping Marwin and Yuli to avoid 4 straight outs against any lefty reliever.
Agree with the lineup, and starting Reddick against Darvish. But if Reddick looks ridiculously bad like he did last night, get him out of there.
Beat40
03_Aggie said:

Not sure what all he said but he did say that he intentionally stepped off the mound for both of Yuli's at bats so that the crowd could continue to boo him. And that he didn't think the punishment fit the crime.
I don't mind the intentionally stepping of the mound bit - gamesmanship to me.

I think he's an idiot for the last punishment not fitting the crime bit though.

Combine this will of them saying we would have no shot in game 7 if they one game 6...I'm ready to put their words back in their mouths.
CFTXAG10
AG
screw-tu said:

Benching Reddick tonight sends a bad long term message in my opinion. Don't see Hinch doing thst. He helped get us here. He can break out at any time. Always a plus defensively
I get where you are coming from but it is an absolute lineup killer when you stash Reddick right behind the pitcher spot, especially in a situation where the pitcher cannot bunt like last night. Almost guaranteed back to back outs at this point. I think every Astros fan is appreciative of Reddick and his contributions throughout the season but there comes a time when Hinch has to do what is best for the team and pull out all the stops for a G7 win. I am glad I don't have to make that decision and live with it, but what is more important at this point? The potential for Maybin to get on base and use his speed while giving up a little on the defensive side, or rolling out Reddick who is a good outfielder and hope he busts out of his offensive slump. Tough call.

Maybe let Reddick start and see what he has through a couple AB's and then decide. Wish we had a healthy Jake from Rake Farm.
Texas A&M
screw-tu said:

Agreed... I could see sitting Reddick for one game in the middle of the series, but with just one game left you go with him.
Beat40
My first hope is that we win 12-0 or any other lead which we can consider safe.

If we can't do that, my next hope is Bregman giving us the lead by hitting a bomb off Jansen in the 9th and running around the bases yelling "no shot" the entire way.
John E
AG
Attended my 1st World Series game last night and even though we lost, I had great time. Sat by some cool Dodger fans and had some good baseball conversation. Crowd was pretty loud but there were more empty seats than I was expecting.

Reddick striking out with runners and 2nd ad 3rd 0 outs killed us last night. I can't believe he couldn't put it in play. They got the clutch hits and we didn't and that's why we're headed to game 7

Got several "**** Houston" and Houston we have a problem" comments but 99% of the fans were cool.

Ready for game 7 !!
First Page Last Page
Page 1581 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.