***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,332,539 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
InnerCityAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BowSowy said:

NM

Yes?
astros4545
AG
McCullers can swing the bat much better than JV or Keuchel
screw-tu
The only game where the bullpen looked like **** AND we actually lost was game 4. Games 1 and 6 are squarely on the bats. Let's hope they continue the off/on again cycle and they are ON tonight. Our boys have a lot of pride. I think they cone up big.
HossAg
AG
I want Reddick on the bench. I was with the "don't change the lineup" crowd for game 6, but anyone who thinks he's gonna be productive tonight is just insane imo. I really hope I'm wrong when they throw him in there tonight, but I just don't think it's a good idea. Completely ****ed us over last night on that 3-0 count at bat.
aggiematt235
AG
Over 55,000 posts, we are on the 180th game, and it all comes down to this.

Either way, we are crying tonight.

Let's win this *****
screw-tu
Wishing Jake had been healthy for this series as well. Let's hope Reddick puts all this to rest with sone good ABs tonight.
Buck Compton
AG
Yeah, for all of the wailing and gnashing of teeth, we only gave up one from the bullpen last night, and even Liriano looked good. Verlander gave up two and that was one too many. Squarely on our offense. They need to come out and play loose. I'm cautiously optimistic/hopeful that they will.

My problem is I am on a flight that doesn't land until 9 pm central (if not delayed)... I'm going to miss so much of the game. The internet on busy American flights never has the bandwidth to stream anything.
Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
agproducer
AG
I'm ready for tonight -- but in my mind, this season is already a massive success. I want the Astros to win more than anything, and I believe they can.

This baseball season has been better than I could have ever imagined. I've gotten to experience a wild ride with the Astros, a team I've loved since I was a kid. I've gotten to see them win 3 World Series games and win other tight games in the postseason. I've watched them blow saves, regroup and comeback, blast home runs and win in walk-off fashion. It's been amazing -- especially the extra innings WS classic that I got to see at Minute Maid Park.

Tonight is Game 7. Everything has come to this -- the whole season. I'm ready. I hope the team is too. It's something I'm sure all of them have dreamed of since they were kids. Whatever happens, win or lose, I'm proud of this team and this season. I'm so satisfied with how far they've come. A win would just be the ultimate cherry on top. But, even without the cherry, it is still a damn good ice cream sundae.

GO ASTROS! BEAT LA!
Buck Compton
AG
One other thing I noticed last night - Altuve's frustration was through the roof, throwing his helmet, etc... He was clearly pressing.

Between him and Correa, if we see another 0-8, we aren't winning. Our stars need to come up huge again.
Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
screw-tu
Amen
Beat40
HossAg said:

I want Reddick on the bench. I was with the "don't change the lineup" crowd for game 6, but anyone who thinks he's gonna be productive tonight is just insane imo. I really hope I'm wrong when they throw him in there tonight, but I just don't think it's a good idea. Completely ****ed us over last night on that 3-0 count at bat.
It's the last game of the season. I don't think making a change is going to matter one way or the other honestly.

I get everything about Reddick - I really do. But Bregman, Altuve, and Marwin each had chances to give us additional runs. Reddick's was really bad given the circumstances, but Bregman had a guy on second with one out and couldn't get it done either.

Look, this team has been really good all season at picking each other up - they just didn't do it last night. I believe they will pick each other up tonight.
astros4545
AG
Reddick has had absolutely horrible matchups this series

3of 4 starters are lefties with huge curves

Darvish is a matchup that Josh can actually have success with
rosco511
AG
With all the **** Reddick is taking, it makes me feel like he is going to do something special tonight to help us win it all.

His AB with 2nd and 3rd was tough but not necessarily a terrible AB. I thought he had the walk on the 3-0 pitch when the umpire expanded the zone and then narrowly missed what would have been a sac fly that drifted into the stands.
Ag_07
AG
Pulling Reddick even late after 2 bad ABs is such a risky play given his defense.

I could see treating him like the pitcher. If it's late and it's a big spot then put Maybin in there or PH Gattis or something.

Then maybe move George to RF and Maybin to CF. But we've seen throughout this playoff run how important it is to have solid defense out there in the OF.

Reddicks throw in Game 5 to hold Taylor at 3B was massive.
Hi, Im Brett
AG
WHAT AN AWESOME F'N SERIES!

so much better than getting swept
Beat40
Buck Compton said:

One other thing I noticed last night - Altuve's frustration was through the roof, throwing his helmet, etc... He was clearly pressing.

Between him and Correa, if we see another 0-8, we aren't winning. Our stars need to come up huge again.
Yeah, if Altuve and Correa go 0-8 again tonight, it's probably not a good night.

I just want Altuve and Correa to focus on hitting it to the opposite field tonight. I think good things will happen if they can.

Correa is going to have to decide if he's swinging when they pitch him inside. In my opinion, I'd rather him lay off the inside pitch until he's down 0-2. He's gotten himself in some unfavorable counts when he's swung early at that pitch.
Hulla Baller
AG
I guarantee you Reddick will come through for us tonight. You'll see.
Schrute
Hulla Baller said:

This has been said after every game in the WS. Maybe that's why it hasn't happened....
gigemJTH12
AG
htxag09 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

i need to stay off of social media.

All anyone on the damn bandwagon is talking about is benching Reddick.

seriously, just shut the f*** up.

Hope he ****ing mashes tonight.
I understand runs like this bring out the bandwagon fans, and I have 0 problem with it. What I have a problem with are the ones who are so damn opinionated and will argue with you even though you've missed fewer games than they've watched.....
100% posting their ****ty opinions all over the place while having watched about 5 regular season games
Mr.Bond
AG
Hulla Baller said:

Poop Slap?
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

ClickClack
AG
Buck Compton said:

Rough night last night. REALLY disappointed with the offensive effort against that chump Hill. He proved just how much of a ******bag he is with his post game comments. That being said, I know we have some fight left in us against a righty tonight.

My lineup:

Springer
Bregman
Altuve
Correa
Gurriel
Gonzalez
McCann
Reddick
McCullers

I would debate swapping Marwin and Yuli to avoid 4 straight outs against any lefty reliever.

Second poster to allude to Hill's "postgame comments". Can't find them anywhere. What did he say?
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Name what classifies a good game for Reddick for Game 7 and if he meets or surpasses the texags standards I will take a DADs (Day After Drinking ****) in my hand and slap myself tomorrow morning.
Schrute
Collard Greens said:

Name what classifies a good game for Reddick for Game 7 and if he meets or surpasses the texags standards I will take a DADs (Day After Drinking ****) in my hand and slap myself tomorrow morning.
1 hit with RISP
agsquirrel97
AG
Collard Greens said:

Will you slap yourself with the same hand that you Shat in, and do so after taking said shat?
Roy coy
AG
I understand starting Reddick but don't understand not pinch hitting for him in the later innings. That's been my only gripe about Hinch is how he had handled Reddick.
Texaggie7nine
Collard Greens said:

You are gonna poopslap with your dad's ****?
7nine
Ag_07
AG
While I understand the need for offense late in games, it doesn't make a lot of sense to weaken the defense in a close game by pulling him.

I rather keep him in for the defense to preserve a close game and depend on our 1-6 to produce behind him.

At the end of the day Hinch could play it either way, but it's not a cut and dry case of 'You gotta pull him'.
AgFan1999
AG
Basically that Gurriel wasn't punished enough.
titanmaster_race
I don't mind the actual gamesmanship of stepping off the mound. But for him to crow about it like he was doing something brave tells me that he's a puss.
Cromagnum
AG
Texas A&M said:

screw-tu said:

Benching Reddick tonight sends a bad long term message in my opinion. Don't see Hinch doing thst. He helped get us here. He can break out at any time. Always a plus defensively

Agreed... I could see sitting Reddick for one game in the middle of the series, but with just one game left you go with him.

Eff his feelings. Earn that paycheck or lose your spot.
maca1028
This day has not started off well at all. Last day of my vacation, my son woke up with strep, spent the last 2 hours bouncing around Walgreens that are out of his prescription. Come through with a win Astros!
BowSowy
AG
Cromagnum said:

Texas A&M said:

screw-tu said:

Benching Reddick tonight sends a bad long term message in my opinion. Don't see Hinch doing thst. He helped get us here. He can break out at any time. Always a plus defensively

Agreed... I could see sitting Reddick for one game in the middle of the series, but with just one game left you go with him.

Eff his feelings. Earn that paycheck or lose your spot.
So you'd rather Maybin (0.186 BA since joining us) or Fisher (0.212 BA) take his spot? It's not like we've got some ridiculously good bat sitting on the bench.
Big Al 1992
AG
Buck Compton said:

Agreed they were pressing - and I think they do that more when Verlander is pitching - hence the low Run support on his starts (this series and ALCS). They really don't want to let him down and add pressure to them self. I think w LMJ they play more loose and they will rake.
spadilly
S
Game 6 did a 41.8/60 in the Houston market. Insane.
(41.8% of all homes w/ tvs had the game on and 60% of those tvs that were actually turned on at the time had the game on)

It's only going to go up tonight with game 7 and no Halloween
ClickClack
AG
AgFan1999 said:

Basically that Gurriel wasn't punished enough.

I wonder what the suitable punishment for throwing a much more visible temper tantrum in the dugout last night should be? Grounded for a week from tv?

What a chode.
First Page Last Page
Page 1582 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.