***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,322,054 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Jaydoug
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
spadilly
S
gambochaman
AG
HOLY CRAP WE WON?!?!?!
gambochaman
AG
I shall attempt to do more penance today and regale you all with many TOFA
Schrute
Funky Winkerbean
AG
mathguy86 said:

gambochaman said:

agdaddy04 said:

You missed it??
I had a horrible night's sleep Tuesday night, so I was very irritable most of the day and the game just made me irate...so by the 7th inning, with a horrendous headache, i decided to call it a night, popped some tylenol PM and went to bed....that was the right decision for me....and even knowing the result today, I'd still do it all over again

I just wanted to apologize for bleeding all over the thread for a few posts during the game
So to catch you up.

Correa drove in Bregman in the 8th. 2-3.
Marwin hit a HR in 9th off their closer to tie it. 3-3
I posted Kate's bare tits for 30 seconds.
Tuve and Correa went back to back in the 10th. Correa stood, watched it and did a bat launch. 5-3.
An idiot jumped into our bullpen.
Puig homered off Giles and laid his bat down on the plate. Giles then gave up the tying run and got pulled. 5-5
Devo threw a wild pickoff to 2B and hit the ump damn near in the junk.
Dodgers use their last bull pen arm.
Maybin singled and stole 2B in 11th.
Springer dinger! 7-5.
Bottom of 11 a dude with 2 hits all year hits a bomb. 7-6.
Whiff Puig to end game 7-6
Rest of free world joins you in going to bed. Most of free world cannot go to sleep and lay there for hours.

It is quite obvious the boobies are the key. You must prepare accordingly for this weekend.
Mathguy64
AG
gambochaman said:

I shall attempt to do more penance today and regale you all with many TOFA

Did I mention I posted Kate Upton nekkid last night? You better top that.
aTm2004
AG
This is me this morning in the office.

ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
Furlock Bones
AG
Schrute
Furlock Bones said:

Mathguy64
AG
I'm pretty sure I left an open tab in the iPad that is titled Kate Upton tits from an image search. I'm sure mrs mathguy will understand.
Mr.Ackar07
aTm2004
AG
mathguy86 said:

I'm pretty sure I left an open tab in the iPad that is titled Kate Upton tits from an image search. I'm sure mrs mathguy will understand.

Honey, if I have to look at images of Kate Upton's tits for the Astros to win a World Series, well, that's a sacrifice I'm going to have to make.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
Wabs
AG
Frok
AG
Quote:

I think Roberts over-managing that game may be the biggest key in the Astros winning the series.

#Hinched
MallalieuAg
AG
CT75 said:

Was a 9 year old kid just starting Little League when Houston got the franchise in 1962. Followed the team religiously over the early years. Clung to the radio at night listening to Gene Elston and Loel Passe. I had gotten to the point that I never thought we'd attone for the 1980 loss to the Phillies, the '86 loss to the Mets and several bullpen meltdowns of recent note. Despite living in different parts of the country.....they have always been my team.

Great job guys....I feel like the monkey is off their backs.
Same here. I remember listening to Elston and Loel every day and getting mad. lol. We weren't very good. My first Astro game I witnessed in person was against the Giants in the Astrodome. I saw Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Juan Marichal, Alou brothers, Joe Morgan, etc. I have a baseball signed by the original Colt 45's. I just want to be able to see the Astros win the World Series and my Aggies win a Natty before my time is up.
ClickClack
AG
Still running on adrenaline only powered by my Astros polo at work today.
irish pete ag06
AG
iBrad said:

Jealous of all you guys that get to go. I'll be watching from north Texas as usual. Wife told me I could drive down on Saturday and go. Then I showed her the ticket prices on Stubhub.

Cmon bud! Once in a lifetime!
aTm2004
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

iBrad said:

Jealous of all you guys that get to go. I'll be watching from north Texas as usual. Wife told me I could drive down on Saturday and go. Then I showed her the ticket prices on Stubhub.

Screw once in a lifetime, how in the hell did you not just play ignorant and run with it? If she got pissed at the ticket prices, just tell her "you said I could go." You must be new to marriage.
ArticPenguin:

gigemags-99
AG
mathguy86 said:

Just tell her I said it's okay.
gigemags-99
AG
Is there an extended version of this?
--slowly reaches for zipper--
tjack16
AG
In recent memory, that was a top 3 world series game of all time.
I still think it is behind Game 6 2011, and last year's game 7

It's so great being on the winning end of one of the classics!
BringJackieBack89
AG
aTm2004 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

iBrad said:

Screw once in a lifetime, how in the hell did you not just play ignorant and run with it? If she got pissed at the ticket prices, just tell her "you said I could go." You must be new to marriage.
You need to suck it up and get your ass down here!

I thought I would outsmart the baseball gods in 2005 and damn near mortgaged my children for some awesome seats for Game 5 - I wanted to be there when we took it all. Well, I screwed myself and missed the opportunity to go.

So this year, here we go again and the wife said the prices were even more outrageous. That it would be "fun" to watch them all at home.

So I did exactly what you would expect. Went online and bought my tickets (to game 3 this time).
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
So many things happened in that game that we haven't discussed in detail yet:

1) the guy jumping in our bullpen
2) Devo pegging the ump behind 2nd base
3) correas bat launch. Wasn't a flip, he launched that *****
4) how it was puigs weird ass that struck out to end it

Probably others too.
GoneForGood
I have to admit, I was a bad fan last night and turned it off and went to bed after LA went up 3-1. Having 11 month old twins and coaching wore me out.

Luckily I woke up right as the 10th started thanks to one of the babies waking up and was able to finish the game. I'll never stop watching again. I learned my lesson.
Frok
AG
Many great moments last night but I loved Verlander coming out in his under garments yelling at the team. I know he was probably firing them up but he looked like a pissed off old man coming out of the bedroom to yell at the kids.
iBrad
AG
aTm2004 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

iBrad said:

Also coaching my daughter's softball game at 11am. If we win, we play at 2pm. I think potentially not being able to go makes spending $700 on a SRO ticket a little risky. $350 and I'd consider throwing the 11am game and hitting the road.
aTm2004
AG
TheFeelOfCotton383 said:

I have to admit, I was a bad fan last night and turned it off and went to bed after LA went up 3-1. Having 11 month old twins and coaching wore me out.

Luckily I woke up right as the 10th started thanks to one of the babies waking up and was able to finish the game. I'll never stop watching again. I learned my lesson.
I turned it off after the HR as well, but found myself turning it back on a minute or so later. I figured that I've survived watching several Aggie meltdowns, so I could stomach an Astros one as well.
ArticPenguin:

jr15aggie
AG
I'm always curious what the other team's fans are thinking. I only get to see the good/bad/ugly on my side.

Thinking about this game and how we beat them...I think they are scared ****less as we head to Houston!
bobinator
AG
What a night fellas.
Ags #1
AG
Who is that?
Frok
AG
jr15aggie said:

I'm always curious what the other team's fans are thinking. I only get to see the good/bad/ugly on my side.

Thinking about this game and how we beat them...I think they are scared ****less as we head to Houston!

Nah, Dodgers got to be feeling good about facing our bullpen. I think this is going to be a dogfight the rest of the way.
htxag09
AG
How about everyone who turned it off when we were down 3-1 quits watching? How tf do you turn off an Astros ws game?
Wabs
AG
Frok said:

jr15aggie said:

Nah, Dodgers got to be feeling good about facing our bullpen. I think this is going to be a dogfight the rest of the way.
Their bullpen got to not be feeling good about facing our bats now....
irish pete ag06
AG
Great write up here by the awesome Grant Biebee...

He pretty much sums up my feelings about design vs luck. It's a little of both.

First Page Last Page
Page 1342 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.