***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,066,529 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Carl Underguard
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know what stores will be carrying Astros gear tomorrow? Academy and what else? I want a fitted hat but have a weird shaped head and want to try it on first.
Brick Tamland
TheDoctor said:

[X] BUY

Need the Andy Samberg jimp gif. Low profile for the win!
Bonfired
AG
Agnzona said:

Anyone have that Sports Illustrated from a few years ago that predicted this?

Yep.

Stopping at Whataburger on my way home from the game...holy hell, the crowd was electric from the get-go. I am amped and exhausted at the same time.
Unemployed
AG
I might be late in saying this but fk Fox, fk that gotdamn cheating b@stard ARod. And fk MLB. They wanted the Yankees in the World Series but they ain't gettng it.
TheDoctor
AG
gotcha
Premium
AG
Philip J Fry
AG
RealTalk said:

I might be late in saying this but fk Fox, fk that gotdamn cheating b@stard ARod. And fk MLB. They wanted the Yankees in the World Series but they ain't gettng it.

Remember in 2005 when MLB told the Astros they couldn't close the roof during the World Series? Bias against the Astros is real and disgusting.
Premium
AG
BearJew13
AG
friscodick said:

BearJew13 said:

Kate Upton approves of Frisco
You should see my wife...and no there will be no rule #1 but lets just say I completely outkicked my coverage.

Will post bewbs, won't rule #1. Chivalrous and disappointing at the same time.
jah003
S
n_touch said:

Agnzona said:

Anyone have that Sports Illustrated from a few years ago that predicted this?
You can order a reprint of the cover only. I did earlier this year. They are on ebay but are pricey

I've got one from back when I used to get SI. Sadly my daughter spilled water on it a couple years ago. It's got some water damage, but the cover still exists.
agsquirrel97
AG
RPM said:

You have a picture of my wife on that ball?
n_touch

Should probably wait till there is less beer in the system
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
PhatMack19 said:

RPM said:

I have pictures of my kids on that ball....
well at least when they're old enough they'll understand where and how they came from
Buck Compton
AG
I just want to remind everyone... the Yankees only scored 3 runs in 4 games in our ballpark. Let's do the same ******* thing to the Dodgers.
tjack16
AG
This is the best season in franchise history... regardless of the World Series outcome.

- won division title
- won pennant
n_touch
tjholley17 said:

This is the best season in franchise history... regardless of the World Series outcome.

- won division title
- won pennant

been a fun year no doubt. Gonna be a long three days
TexasRebel
Mr.Bond
AG
Keuchel game 1
Verlander game 2

Just announced
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

linkdude
AG
Both on full rest. This is the best possible situation.
ClickClack
AG
World series hat and navy world series shirt on the way
Buck Compton
AG
SRO tickets for next weekend quickly rise to over $750...
Ag_07
AG
First time checking in here tonight.

F'in A boys!!!

Uncle Chuckles was nails, Lance was a MFin beast, and we did using only 2 pitchers. 2 pitchers in a game 7 is ridiculous. So much for Johnny Allstaff.

No let's get 4 more!!!

I love you mother fckers!
Wizard
What a night of healing for this city.
testosterbone
AG
Bonfired
AG
Ag_07 said:

First time checking in here tonight.

F'in A boys!!!

Uncle Chuckles was nails, Lance was a MFin beast, and we did using only 2 pitchers. 2 pitchers in a game 7 is ridiculous. So much for Johnny Allstaff.

No let's get 4 more!!!

I love you mother fckers!

My phone croaked in about the 3rd inning. It was gonzo at the park, but I wanted to see what was happening here, too. It's been quite the ride, and it ain't over yet!
Wizard
Ace to the face on a World Series chase!

Anybody catch the LMJ interview on KHOU? Dude reminds me so much of JFF.
agproducer
AG
It's hard to express how I feel right now. I've been an Astros fan since I was 5. I remember going to my first game in the Dome when I was a little leaguer. I thought Billy Doran, Glenn Davis and Kevin Bass were bad asses. I remember going to games in college, paying 4 bucks for good outfield seats.

The Astros have always been my first sports love. I was an Astros fan before I became and understood what it meant to be an Aggie. When the Rockets won back to back titles in the 90s, I was elated. I want an A&M national championship. But a World Series for the Astros is what I want most.

Tonight, I'm feeling reflective. It's a sense of calm. It's a sense of excitement. It's a sense of anxiousness. It's a sense of relief.

Right now, I'm a kid again, seeing a major league field for the first time. I get butterflies and dreaming of what could happen. My heart broke when they were so close in 2005. I'm hoping somehow, some way they finally win it.

I love this team. I love my city. And, I'm glad I've been on this journey with all of you.

Go Astros!
Goose
AG
agproducer said:

I thought Billy Doran, Glenn Davis and Kevin Bass were bad asses.

They were!
AustinCountyAg
Those $1 outfields seats were hard to beat back in the day. I used to love walking up the big ramps to get to the doors.
Beau Bevers
AG
Dome Dogs and Rainbow Souvenir Cups
Sid Farkas
AG
Doug Rader, Cesar Cedeno, Bob Watson fan here
HTownAg98
Six Astros fans went through this for tonight. I don't want anyone saying I don't pull my own weight.
https://imgur.com/gallery/ru5aW
HTownAg98
Goose said:

agproducer said:

I thought Billy Doran, Glenn Davis and Kevin Bass were bad asses.

They were!

Until Bass had the final out in game six of the 1986 NLCS.
n_touch
agproducer said:

It's hard to express how I feel right now. I've been an Astros fan since I was 5. I remember going to my first game in the Dome when I was a little leaguer. I thought Billy Doran, Glenn Davis and Kevin Bass were bad asses. I remember going to games in college, paying 4 bucks for good outfield seats.

The Astros have always been my first sports love. I was an Astros fan before I became and understood what it meant to be an Aggie. When the Rockets won back to back titles in the 90s, I was elated. I want an A&M national championship. But a World Series for the Astros is what I want most.

Tonight, I'm feeling reflective. It's a sense of calm. It's a sense of excitement. It's a sense of anxiousness. It's a sense of relief.

Right now, I'm a kid again, seeing a major league field for the first time. I get butterflies and dreaming of what could happen. My heart broke when they were so close in 2005. I'm hoping somehow, some way they finally win it.

I love this team. I love my city. And, I'm glad I've been on this journey with all of you.

Go Astros!

This. I remember the first time I walked in there and the day I convinced Kevin Bass to throw me a ball during bp. Even got him and Dave Smith to autograph it between innings. Its always fun to take the kid to the game at Minute Maid, but there will never be anything like a game in the dome.
R-Dog
AG
Echo that.

I became an Astros Buddy in 1979. Attended games 3, 4 and 5 of the '80 LCS. Cried like a baby when we lost. Attended all 3 home games in the '86 LCS. My dad took me out of school for game 6 and we were sitting right behind the left field foul pole for Hatcher's tying home run in the 14th.

Was much more emotional about getting to the WS in '05 yet somehow this is more satisfying. No longer live in Houston but the Astros winning the World Series...not sure anything could top that in terms of my sports fan life. Us winning a national championship in football is the only thing I think could possibly compare
First Page Last Page
Page 1225 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.