***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,140,448 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
third coast.. said:

Which one

Hulk. I wore the gold datejust in my wedding so I'll never part with that one.
Courtesy Flush
AG
I forgot about the 18 inning game.

Question - is Lance Berkman in the HOF or is he a potential candidate?
AustinCountyAg
Just woke up and I had to reread this thread again from last night. I love all of you. At times we all have our differences and it sometimes gets heated but damnit we are a family here. A family of aggies and astros fans.

Reading these stories about how people fell in love with the astros and how they share all these memories is what makes baseball the greatest game in the world.
Farmer1906
AG
Rufneck said:

I forgot about the 18 inning game.

Question - is Lance Berkman in the HOF or is he a potential candidate?

He'll likely be short by a large margin. His prime & career weren't quite long enough to get the counting stats he needed. His peak is almost on par with B****. Probably tops Bidge.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
I wish my Grandpa was still alive for this. He died right before the 2015 season. I spent so many springs and summers over at their house watching the Stros growing up. He is the reason I'm a big Astros fan. I miss him so much.
AustinCountyAg
https://instagr.am/p/BaifsDyAHTo
mwm
Thank you Astros & thank you TexAgs. This board & the TAMU baseball board keep me going. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I love this game.
Aust Ag
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Defense wins championships, this looks to be no different.
Beau Bevers
AG
I remember loudly booing every Dodger announced at an All Star game growing up. Gotta teach my boys why we despise them. Never forget '81.
Texags is garbage
I wasn't able to participate in the thread due to watching the past few games with the few real friends I have, but man this is awesome.
Post removed:
by user
screw-tu
T & P for friscodick. We need him back by Tuesday, staff!
saltydog13
AG
Anyone order some World Series gear yet?
Mathguy64
AG
Really nice article on McCullers, his curveball, his approach and the tandem starter approach last night.
ClickClack
AG
saltydog09 said:

20 minutes after the game ended. Got the all blue hat with World Series patch on side and the blue shirt with WS on it
bearkatag15
AG
saltydog09 said:

Went to Academy at 11pm last night and picked up some shirts.
Ag12thman
AG
Beau Bevers said:

Pretty emotional around my house right now. From being an Astros Buddy in the early '80s to now. Wow. When I lived out of state over the years, the Astros were always a blessing and helped ease homesickness for Texas.

Ags winning a NC in football is the only thing that can touch watching the Astros win it all for me. Not there yet, but this is the blessing of sports. Sitting at MMP '11-'14 for so many terrible games. Totally worth it.

And this thread has been a blessing as well, fellas. Thanks for making it great.
. Same for me, brother. Same for me.
threeanout
AG
Guess you dance with who brung ya.....still kind of curious if A.J. tweaks the line up any for Game 1? If you leave it as it was yesterday then Gattis comes out and you have three lefties hitting against Kershaw in the 7, 8, and 9 hole.

Correction, Marwin would hit in the 7 hole.
Ag_07
AG
Doesn't someone owe 10 of us some WS hats?
mazag08
AG
Keep in mind.. we dominate west coast teams this year.
Texaggie7nine
Raised by a single mom. Even though we lived in Lake Jackson at the time she signed me up as an Astros buddy (Biggio was my buddy) back around 90 and we drove up for the games that came in the package, and did it every year. Moved to Clear Lake in high school and we went to even more games every year. It was the one thing that really brought us together.

I was living in Alabama 05 when we went to the series and it made me sad I wasn't here to watch it with mom.

Moved back to Houston about 10 years ago, and we have made it a point to go to several games every year.

This season, her and I have been to every post season Home game and we have tickets for the WS home games. Last night was one of the best feelings I have ever had, getting to experience that with her.
7nine
AustinCountyAg
threeanout said:

Guess you dance with who brung ya.....still kind of curious if A.J. tweaks the line up any for Game 1? If you leave it as it was yesterday then Gattis comes out and you have three lefties hitting against Kershaw in the 7, 8, and 9 hole.

I think he will plug Marwin in the eight hole to break up the string of lefties
saltydog13
AG
bearkatag15 said:

saltydog09 said:

Went to Academy at 11pm last night and picked up some shirts.

Did academy have the gray adjustable World Series cap by any chance?
titanmaster_race
That's awesome.

Also, LJ is my hometown.
bearkatag15
AG
They were only selling shirts last night. Wouldn't let you go into the store beyond the main entrance area.
Mr.Bond
AG
Ag_07 said:

Doesn't someone owe 10 of us some WS hats?

He edited it to say "win the world series"
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

CorpsAg11
AG
mathguy86 said:

Really nice article on McCullers, his curveball, his approach and the tandem starter approach last night.

McCann wasn't even giving signs anymore. During the Judge AB they showed a close up of McCann and all he did was nod as if to say "you know what to do, mother f%cker"
Bonfired
AG
My perspective is a little different (well, probably a lot different, to be honest), and I am definitely happy for all of you long-timers who grew up with the Astros.

I moved to the area in my late 20s in 1997 for work after moving to B/CS sight unseen in 1992 to go to A&M for grad school...grew up in Alabama and had no connections to Houston at all.

In the deep South, it was the Braves on WTBS, and that was pretty much it. Watching them suck for so long, then watching their rebuild take hold in the early 90s was fun.

The Astros were an acquired taste, although I do remember watching the 80 and 86 LCS and feeling sorry for them for losing in such painful ways. I didn't feel that emotionally attached to those late 90s teams because I was new to town...I was happy for the diehards and glad to see the city see some success, but I felt like that was for "y'all", not so much for me.

I grew up 350 miles from the nearest MLB park, so being able to attend Astros games easily was a treat, and did so as often as time and money allowed. I was at the game when Craig Biggio got his 3000th hit and until the last week, that was my best Astros memory...being a fan of the history of the game, I was going to try and be there for that.

I bought a partial season ticket in 2013, felt like I was in on the ground floor of something, and it was going to take time...the "process" shirts at the team store, enduring some hellacious beatdowns and hoping that guys like Matt Dominguez, Jason Castro, Lucas Harrell, Brett Oberholtzer and Bud Norris would be the future.

I wasn't sure in 2012, 2013 if Altuve could sustain his hitting pace. Silly me in retrospect. It's been fun watching this team get built piece by piece and last night was the latest culmination.

Now to finish this off.
Ag12thman
AG
Anyone else wake up like...

threeanout
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

threeanout said:

I think he will plug Marwin in the eight hole to break up the string of lefties
He was actually in the 8 hole last night so guessing he moves into the 7 hole. Reddick and Keuchel to hit 8 & 9. McCann moves up to 6 hole unless somehow he would want to start Gattis.
Pahdz
This is great, but man winning the whole thing would just complete my sports fandom I think (that's without a Texans Super Bowl win as well). Parents signed me up as an Astros Buddy as a kindergartner in 1986. Glen Davis was by far my favorite player. Was at the Dome to see Nolan's 4,000th K as a youngster. In HS, a bunch of us fans from Katy HS during the summers created the Astros Junkies Club and we hit as many games as we could, typically the day games.

I recall the 18 inning game against Atlanta the most. To this day I still feel as a lifelong Stros fan that was the game that had all the feels. We had been so good to only have advanced once before in the playoffs. I was in OKC for work that week, and was in my hotel room at the Crowne Plaza on Northwest Expressway, and when Burke hit that homer I guarantee everyone on my floor heard me, and whoever was below my room was probably pissed from all the jumping.

I haven't lived in Houston since 2005, but I still follow this team like I'm there. I can't quit Astros.
bjork
mathguy86 said:

They don't mention it in the article.

But 24 consecutive curves to close the game. He was a f'ing video game pitcher last night.
Ag_07
AG
I liked it when Lance almost dropped an epic F-bomb during his post game interview with Rosenthal.

He was so jacked up but he managed to catch himself.
AustinCountyAg
https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/921995649582845953/video/1

Wooooooo
gambochaman
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1227 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.