***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,161,645 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
HTownAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag12thman said:

Anyone else wake up like...

I'm way too hungover to move, much less dance.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
rosco511
AG
Just so proud of these guys and the perseverance they showed. Altuve and Verlander clearly were superhuman, but the only way to get there was to have guys other than the superstars step up, and the team answered the call. Bregman's fearless play at third, Morton and McCullers just dealing, and McCann coming through with some clutch hits. I truly believe this team will bring the title home.
John E
AG
What would you do?

I live 45 minutes from Dodger stadium.

Should I get tix for home game and fly home or suck it up and sit with the Doyer fans in LA?
Ag12thman
AG
Agreed. If you think about it, just about every member of this squad contributed in some way to this ALCS win.
Mathguy64
AG
John E said:

What would you do?

Should I get tix for home game and fly home or suck it up and sit with the Doyer fans in LA?

Its like an 18-19 hour drive straight through. Put on a pair of depends, load up on slim Jim's and mountain dews and do a Cannonball Run.
cone
AG
that's awesome
cone
AG
Astros +145 for the series win
Houston Lee
AG
Will the Astros pitchers have to bat when they play at the Dodgers stadium?
Mathguy64
AG
Fangraphs had us at 56% earlier today.
03_Aggie
Yes
screw-tu
Want to say thank you to everyone on this board as well. Love you all. Been with em since the 1980 heartbreak. Now is our time. The games are so much better sweating out the tense times with y'all & rejoicing through the good times.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Mathguy64
AG
I can still remember the heartbreak in 1980 all the extra inning games. ****ng Pete Rose spiking the ball at the mound every time he made the ending inning put out at 1B. Losing JRR in mid season and wondering what would have been if he had been in the rotation.
mazag08
AG
Can't say enough about Hinch yesterday. I give him more grief than most, but he managed a gem. Started Gattis, left Morton in and didn't make a rash move, left McCullers in to close.

Coaching TO the momentum and not away from it.
(removed:110205)
n_touch said:

Agnzona said:

Anyone have that Sports Illustrated from a few years ago that predicted this?
You can order a reprint of the cover only. I did earlier this year. They are on ebay but are pricey

I bought one on ebay earlier this year. Hoping to have a friend who works for the Astros get it signed.
Wabs
AG
TurkeyBaconLeg said:

Will the Astros pitchers have to bat when they play at the Dodgers stadium?
Yes
Ag12thman
AG
mazag08 said:

Can't say enough about Hinch yesterday. I give him more grief than most, but he managed a gem. Started Gattis, left Morton in and didn't make a rash move, left McCullers in to close.

Coaching TO the momentum and not away from it.
Indeed - he was nails last night.
Philip J Fry
AG
John E said:

What would you do?

If I can pull together the money, I'll be at Dodger Stadium in my orange shirt.
Mr.Bond
AG
dmtoney said:

The dude getting arrested at 30 second mark
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Harry Stone
AG
Calling Astros in 6. We take 1 of 2 in LA, and 2 of 3 in Houston. I think McCullers and Keuchel win games 4 and 5 and Verlander slams the door in game 6.

I just think our offense breaks out and their offense just cant stack up, especially with Seager out. Their starting pitching is the best but I think the Yankees O and RP is still better than the Dodgers.
BQ_90
AG
dmtoney said:

Love the dunbass getting arrested in the background
TexasRebel
AG
I want Astros in 4

Maybe AL = NL^-1
tjack16
AG
I think our pitchers having to hit in LA will be a huge factor. I know their pitchers have to as well... but they have experience with it

It will also influence a lot of bullpen decisions getting pinch hitters in for a pitcher late in the game
bearkatag15
AG
https://breakingt.com/products/love-verlander

Take my money...
Ag_07
AG
tjholley17 said:

I think our pitchers having to hit in LA will be a huge factor. I know their pitchers have to as well... but they have experience with it

It will also influence a lot of bullpen decisions getting pinch hitters in for a pitcher late in the game

I don't think it's so much that they have experience with it, but that's essentially taking Gattis right out of our lineup.

It'll be interesting if Hinch bats the pitchers 8 or 9.

Ag_07
AG
And anyone see anything on Jake coming back?

I remember the recovery being such that if we made the WS he'd be able to play.
aTm2004
AG
Sparky asked him during the celebration last night and he said he didn't know but had a workout on Monday to see.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
Mathguy64
AG
The BP management, double switches will be intesting especially given that Hinch appears to have lost complete confidence in it. I wish we had Jake just for pinch hitting and double switches.
bullard21k
AG
mathguy86 said:

The BP management, double switches will be intesting especially given that Hinch appears to have lost complete confidence in it. I wish we had Jake just for pinch hitting and double switches.

I said it before the playoffs, if Jake is good to go and can thrown an oven mit over the broken hand I carry him on the roster over several guys in our bullpen.
bobinator
AG
Was too hyped to check in last night, i love everyone. Now let's do the thing.
Goose
AG
The AL/NL differences will be minimal. If our pitching has been good enough to get us to the WS, then it'll be good enough to handle their pitchers at the plate with relative ease (just like theirs will handle ours in the same manner). Sure, there'll be a pitcher get a hit on occasion, but they'll strike out more often than not just like usual. And not all the advantages (however slight) go to the NL for having pitchers who have "hit" most of the season...it'll also be interesting to see how their guys hit in the DH spot rather than as a typical fielder/batter. Again, not a huge difference, but it is different than what they're used to. Either way, I like our chances.

And I really like the opportunity to go through the regular season win leader to do it. If we lose, so be it; at least it was to a very good team who has certainly earned the win and the respect that comes with it. And if when we win, there'll be no "yeah, but..." responses to it from the peanut gallery. Red Sox...Yankees...Dodgers...now give us our ****ing trophy!
AustinCountyAg
This is where Hinch's experience managing the Dbacks will play a part in the later innings. Luckily he has some experience
DVC2010
AG
I think losing the DH hurts us because our offense is a lot deeper. That's why I was rooting for the Cubs. Well, that and the fact that the decisive game would have been more likely to be in Houston. And because screw the Dodgers.
DVC2010
AG
Early this season, my dad told he wanted to go to the World Series. He said it was a bucket list thing and that he wanted to go regardless of who was playing. His birthday is Wednesday, and I get to give him a pair of tickets.
First Page Last Page
Page 1228 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.