Astros or Rangers: Convince Me

37,582 Views | 273 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mr President Elect
DVC2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RetiredAg said:

Ag_07 said:

Ranger fans already talking trade deadline deals and trade bait candidates during ST.
Context, context, context. The discussion was with regards to the "window". Astros fans assume the Rangers' window is closing. Of course, they seem to have been assuming that for years now. I was just explaining why the window isn't closing. Do I think we'll be sellers at the deadline? No. Is it possible? Of course. Anything is possible.

Including winning 95 games with a +8 run differential, apparently
PacifistAg
AG
DVC2010 said:

RetiredAg said:

Ag_07 said:

Ranger fans already talking trade deadline deals and trade bait candidates during ST.
Context, context, context. The discussion was with regards to the "window". Astros fans assume the Rangers' window is closing. Of course, they seem to have been assuming that for years now. I was just explaining why the window isn't closing. Do I think we'll be sellers at the deadline? No. Is it possible? Of course. Anything is possible.

Including winning 95 games with a +8 run differential, apparently
Yep. 95 wins w/ a +8 run differential = division champs. I'll take it.
Sea Gull
AG
MooreTrucker said:

OMG!!! Guys, we're on a message board devoted to MLB but we canNOT talk about baseball. Riffs and DP have said it to be so.
No one ever said that, nutsack. This guy was trolling over on the Aggie baseball board last week. And we already have a thread dedicated to the Astros vs Rangers. Plus, use you head. Has anyone ever been convinced to change their mind or make a decision based on internet forums? OP is just trying to get a rise out of everyone, and it worked.
PacifistAg
AG
Duck Patrol said:

MooreTrucker said:

OMG!!! Guys, we're on a message board devoted to MLB but we canNOT talk about baseball. Riffs and DP have said it to be so.
No one ever said that, nutsack. This guy was trolling over on the Aggie baseball board last week. And we already have a thread dedicated to the Astros vs Rangers. Plus, use you head. Has anyone ever been convinced to change their mind or make a decision based on internet forums? OP is just trying to get a rise out of everyone, and it worked.
So? Once I saw the OP, I just assumed it would immediately turn into a Houston vs Texas trash talking thread. It's all in good fun.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah I could see this coming from a mile away. Obvious troll but since we don't have a 2017 trash talk thread (unless I missed something) I wasn't too mad.
Lord_TyTy
I'm literally not a troll, but believe what y'all want
PacifistAg
AG
Lord_TyTy said:

As you can see, Astros fans are a sensitive bunch.
Lord_TyTy
RetiredAg said:

Lord_TyTy said:

I don't understand. Are they mad because I haven't been on the board for a decade and I'm actively posting? Encroaching on old man turf or something?
irish pete ag06
AG
Lord_TyTy said:

Why did you just DM me this selfie then?

Ag_07
AG
RetiredAg said:

Lord_TyTy said:

Didn't y'all kicking him out of your own thread lead to this whole thing getting started?
Sea Gull
AG
It's different when they do it.
Lord_TyTy
irish pete ag06 said:

Lord_TyTy said:

Why did you just DM me this selfie then?

That was meant to be private!!!
PacifistAg
AG
Ag_07 said:

RetiredAg said:

Lord_TyTy said:

Didn't y'all kicking him out of your own thread lead to this whole thing getting started?
Oh I have no idea. I don't recall seeing him over there.
Lord_TyTy
I wasn't kicked in anyway. They were very neutral about it, actually
PacifistAg
AG
Ag_07 said:

RetiredAg said:

Lord_TyTy said:

Okay, so I've gone back and looked at the Rangers thread. Here's what I found:

Quote:

AccidentProne
In reply to MooreTrucker 4:11p, 2/20/17
L
AG
Quote:

Quote:

Lord_TyTy said:
I've never really been a baseball follower, but I love watching it. I would, however, like to get into it. Being a Texas native (San Antonio born and raised), I think the Rangers will probably be my choice. Looking forward to it
MooreTrucker said:
The Astros are not a bad team to follow either, except that they're in the same division. And on TexAgs, you MUST pick between the DFW team and the Houston team.
I think letting him venture over to the Astros thread for a week should make his decision for him.

Quote:

Lord_TyTy
4:46p, 2/20/17
P
AG
I dunno...I was on the Astros in T-ball....

Quote:

AccidentProne
8:03p, 2/20/17
L
AG

I'm not really seeing where he was "kicked out". AccidentProne's gif was just a joke directed at his "I was on the Astros in t-ball" comment.

The only fans that I've seen actually have people kicked out off their thread has been the Astros fans.
Lord_TyTy
Thank you
PacifistAg
AG
Lord_TyTy said:

I wasn't kicked in anyway. They were very neutral about it, actually
Yeah, I don't see what they're talking about. I think it was their 2015 thread where they complained so much about Rangers fans on their thread that the moderators created a special edit on the OP so any Rangers fan posting there received a ban.
Sea Gull
AG
Because the Rangers fans consistently came over to post on the thread to troll. Pretty pathetic.
Ag_07
AG
So has OP made up his mind yet?
Pahdz
MooreTrucker said:

Plus Beltre hits home runs from one knee.

So did Vlad and he still wasn't a first ballot HoF'er
Pahdz
RetiredAg said:

ClickClack said:

Mr.Bond said:

We're a blue collar town.

Not really.
As someone that lives in Houston, to call this place "blue collar" is hilarious.

Compared to DFW it is
MooreTrucker
AG
Pahdz said:

MooreTrucker said:

I miss Vlad. He was so fun to watch, too.
MooreTrucker
AG
Duck Patrol said:

Because the Rangers fans consistently came over to post on the thread to troll. Pretty pathetic.
Because, even though Astros fans troll the Rangers threads just as hard, Rangers fans aren't big whiny babies.
Pahdz
MooreTrucker said:

Pahdz said:

MooreTrucker said:

I miss Vlad. He was so fun to watch, too.

Only as an Expo when that glorious arm of his would still throw errant lasers from RF 10 rows up behind the 3B dugout and make SC Top 10
Lord_TyTy
Ag_07 said:

I'll probably do as some people have suggested and watch some of both. But I must admit, some of the hostility here has me leaning Rangers
Mr.Bond
AG
Lord_TyTy said:

Ag_07 said:

I'll probably do as some people have suggested and watch some of both. But I must admit, some of the hostility here has me leaning Rangers

Good. Adios and vaya con dios
PacifistAg
AG
Pahdz said:

RetiredAg said:

ClickClack said:

Mr.Bond said:

Not really.
As someone that lives in Houston, to call this place "blue collar" is hilarious.

Compared to DFW it is

First, the original claim had nothing to do with DFW. There was no comparison. He just claimed Houston is "blue collar". It's not. Not even close.

Second, I don't have any experience in Fort Worth, but it certainly seems to have more of a "blue collar" vibe than Houston.
irish pete ag06
AG
Lord_TyTy said:

Ag_07 said:

Considering you posted on the Rangers thread first... I'm not surprised.

The amount of Rangers that trolled our thread to theirs was like a 10-1 ratio because the Astros haven't given us much ammo lately. That's why staff got involved.
irish pete ag06
AG
However, if you really do watch both teams this season, you will end up an Astros fan.
MooreTrucker
AG
And IIRC, TyTy, irish pete is one of the worst to troll the Rangers thread during the season.
irish pete ag06
AG
Plus, you'd get to root for a great personality who also happens to be one of the best ever. Mr. Jose Altuve.

https://instagr.am/p/BIBRubkhqnD

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2016/04/10/171601476/jose-altuve-attempts-hidden-ball-trick

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2016/06/25/186222798/jose-altuve-trips-on-second-base-against-royals

Some of those may repeat, but you get the picture.
irish pete ag06
AG
I post a lot of facts and figures and use logic in the trash talk thread... don't know if I've ever posted in your Rangers only thread.
Mr.Bond
AG
RetiredAg said:

Pahdz said:

RetiredAg said:

ClickClack said:

Mr.Bond said:

Not really.

Compared to DFW it is

First, the original claim had nothing to do with DFW. There was no comparison. He just claimed Houston is "blue collar". It's not. Not even close.

Second, I don't have any experience in Fort Worth, but it certainly seems to have more of a "blue collar" vibe than Houston.

Houston is an oil and gas town. With dozens of refineries and chemical plants. Countless steel fab shops etc. Is the precious Heights Blue collar? No. But the parts of Houston I work in on a daily basis absolutely is
mhayden
There are parts of every city that are "blue collar". It's a rather out-dated term, but where it is still applied are cities like Detroit or Cleveland where if manufacturing shuts down, the city nearly shuts down.

That ain't Houston.
PacifistAg
AG
Mr.Bond said:

RetiredAg said:

Pahdz said:

RetiredAg said:

ClickClack said:

Mr.Bond said:

Not really.

Compared to DFW it is

Houston is an oil and gas town. With dozens of refineries and chemical plants. Countless steel fab shops etc. Is the precious Heights Blue collar? No. But the parts of Houston I work in on a daily basis absolutely is
There may be "blue collar" areas, but the city as a whole is not. It's laughable to even claim as much. It's more than just the Heights that isn't blue collar. Downtown, Midtown, Uptown, Medical Center, Energy Corridor, Museum District, the Wards....none of these areas are "blue collar".

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.