HOU@TEX Trash Talking Thread

433,804 Views | 3968 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Charlie Conway
Ag2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep, who else would he rep in the HOF? He had his breakout year his last season with LAD and a majority of his All Star appearances and playoff appearances were as a Ranger.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
quote:
considered top 10 by many .... delusional astros fans
The only thing delusional here is y'all

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/jaws_1B.shtml

He's ranked 6th ALL TIME among all 1b candidates.
He's not in this group (no particular order):

• Gehrig
  • Foxx
  • Pujols
  • Anson
  • Mize
  • Musial
  • Killebrew
  • Murray
  • McCovey
  • Thomas

Heck, if you think he's better than Thomas, I almost forgot about Miggy, who has also played nearly half his games at 1B. Miggy would go ahead of Bagwell as well.
Mr.Ackar07
Is that your list? Sorry I said many. Not some random Texags poster. Besides Thomas is not a 1B, he is a DH.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
Is that your list? Sorry I said many. Not some random Texags poster. Besides Thomas is not a 1B, he is a DH.
So by "many" you meant random Texags posters that are Astros fans? Who do you put Bagwell ahead of on that list?

Oh, and btw, Frank Thomas is on the list that you provided for JAWS leaders at 1B.
Mr.Ackar07
I gave you a link to a reputable site that you yourself used to defend Beltre.

You gave me a random list.

PacifistAg
AG
quote:
I gave you a link to a reputable site that you yourself used to defend Beltre.

You gave me a random list.

And "greatest first basemen" isn't solely determined by JAWS rankings. I gave you a list of 10 first basemen that I believe are better than Bagwell. I actually included 11 when I edited to mention Miggy. Which 2 of those 11 do you think Bagwell is better than?
Mr.Ackar07
Killebrew and Thomas
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
Killebrew and Thomas
That's adorable. Oh, and forgot to include Greenberg.

You know it's okay that Bagwell is a top 15 first baseman, right? There's no shame in that.
Mr.Ackar07
How was Killebrew better? He was very one dimensional.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
How was Killebrew better? He was very one dimensional.
For starters, he was far more versatile as a player. 969 games at 1B. 791 games at 3B. 470 games in LF. 11 games at 2B.
Mr.Ackar07
He was a below average defensive player at all 3 positions though.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
Would you rather have a below average defensive player that can play multiple positions, or a below average defensive player that can only play one?

Like I said, there's no shame in being a top 15 1B of all time. But, who are the "many" that you claim are saying he's a top 10 1B?
Cynical_Texan
AG
No stats needed, just making it simple.

All Astros suck.
Ag_07
AG
This thread has jumped the shark...FCK THE RANGERS AND THEIR SHEETY FANS!!!

They sure do suck the big one.
Mr.Ackar07
quote:
quote:
Would you rather have a below average defensive player that can play multiple positions, or a below average defensive player that can only play one?

Like I said, there's no shame in being a top 15 1B of all time. But, who are the "many" that you claim are saying he's a top 10 1B?
How was Bagwell below average? He won a gold glove, had plus speed, had above average range, and when he wasn't battling a shoulder issue (2000-2005), he wasn't quite a Keith Hernandez, but was comparable.

Bagwell's career dWAR was -7.9
Hernandez's career dWAR is 0.6 which is high for a 1B
mhayden
So except for 2000-2005... Which was almost half his career.
Mr.Ackar07
It was 1/3rd but I don't expect you to actually know how to do math.

Bagwell had a dWAR run of -0.4, -0.1, -0.1, +0.1, -1.0, -0.2, -0.6

That is not considered below average and that was almost half of his career.
onceaggie
AG
Ranger fans calling someone else's franchise insignificant?

Lol ****ing idiots ..you won your first playoff game in 1996 just let that sink in.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
quote:

Lol ****ing idiots ..you won your first playoff game in 1996 just let that sink in.

Well we aren't wrong when we say the Astros are insignifant. It just so happens that both of our franchises historically suck donkey dick
Ag2012
AG
That franchise that won its first playoff game in 1996 owns your franchise on the field. Let that sink in.
Ag_07
AG

quote:
He's signed through '16 and I'd imagine that barring a major injury or drop in production Texas will bring him back. In another season and a half he will have played more games with the Rangers than any other team.

Good job bro
Cappo
AG
quote:
That franchise that won its first playoff game in 1996 owns your franchise on the field. Let that sink in.
Dude this onceaggie ******bag has used that already more than once and still uses it lol

What a shlub
Cappo
AG
quote:

You blew a **** ton of games lead this year and had to play a play in game just to make the playoffs. Your franchise has been irrelevant since I don't know how long ago. You can say you were relevant in the world series year but you got swept.

Let that sink in
Ag_07
AG
quote:
quote:

You blew a **** ton of games lead this year and had to play a play in game just to make the playoffs. Your franchise has been irrelevant since I don't know how long ago. You can say you were relevant in the world series year but you got swept.

Let that sink in

Good god this is a lot of dumb in one post.
McGibblets
AG
quote:
quote:

Let that sink in

So you're saying that a team is only relevant if they win the World Series? This has to be the dumbest **** I've read on TexAgs in a long time
Muy
AG
onceaggie is pathetic
McGibblets
AG
Obviously KC was irrelevant last year too, because they had to make the playoffs through the wildcard
Muy
AG
Astros have never won a WS game, think about that. Yet here are the Astros fans talking smack.
McGibblets
AG
No one gives a **** how many world series games you win if you don't win the world series
gigem1223
Onceaggie is to Houston Astros, as Muy is to Texas Rangers.
747Ag
AG
Hello, win column.
gigem1223
When's the last time Altuve homered in the post season?
Cappo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Let that sink in

So you're saying that a team is only relevant if they win the World Series? This has to be the dumbest **** I've read on TexAgs in a long time
You both obviously missed the point.
Muy
AG
quote:
No one gives a **** how many world series games you win if you don't win the world series

A team who never one a WS game should say that.
JABQ04
AG
quote:
quote:

A team who never one a WS game should say that.

A team who never WON**...
First Page Last Page
Page 41 of 114

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.