*****Official 2015 Texas Rangers Thread*****

1,192,106 Views | 13928 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Joe Cole
Hamburger Dan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tough way to go out. We still don't seem to make the routine plays in the infield and it showed up at the worst time. For the big picture - Rangets showed they are back in the mix for play offs, and possibly another World Series. Lastly, there will be a hellacious crowds and atmosphere next year with games against Houston, Totonto, LAA. With a few tweaks, Rangets baseball could reach new heights.
94chem
...and I don't want go overboard like Nolan did, but my goodness, is there anyway Diekman could be a starter? Too much stuff to be working 50 innings. On this note, I know we all love Nolan, but moving Ross, Feliz, and Ogando into starting roles played a significant role in the Rangers troubles in 2012 - 14.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
quote:
Annie

I'm not even going to list what the BJS fans did
I will. I was irritated with their fans for being annoyingly baseball stupid by the end of the 1st inning of game one. Then you have their players who piss and moan about every call that doesn't go their way. You've got Josh Donaldson who talks s*** because of imagined quick pitches and then hides behind his teammates when the guy he yaps at doesn't cower at the sight of his fabulous haircut. Then there's tonight. They freak out over a weird call (and it was very strange) and proceed to throw cans, bottles, trash, cups, and anything else they can find onto the field and into the Rangers dugout. You've got Jose Bautista proving that he's never been there before and hopefully earning a fastball to the middle of the back at the earliest convenience next season. During the ensuing pandemonium you also had a "F*** you Texas" chant going from their super awesome fans. I likewise had no opinion good or bad about them until this series. That has firmly changed. I don't think there is a team and fanbase I dislike more in the majors after this series.

All of that exacerbated by tu level fawning over them by Harold Reynolds and his cohorts.
Johnsy3
AG
quote:
quote:

What did their fans do? Team hasn't been here in 20 years. What is it they did so wrong to you

Oh I dunno. Maybe threw about 1000 beers on the field, many of which hit fellow fans and even their starting pitcher.

With (at least) one of the fans being a child
zach2b
AG
quote:
quote:
Annie

I will. I was irritated with their fans for being annoyingly baseball stupid by the end of the 1st inning of game one. Then you have their players who piss and moan about every call that doesn't go their way. You've got Josh Donaldson who talks s*** because of imagined quick pitches and then hides behind his teammates when the guy he yaps at doesn't cower at the sight of his fabulous haircut. Then there's tonight. They freak out over a weird call (and it was very strange) and proceed to throw cans, bottles, trash, cups, and anything else they can find onto the field and into the Rangers dugout. You've got Jose Bautista proving that he's never been there before and hopefully earning a fastball to the middle of the back at the earliest convenience next season. During the ensuing pandemonium you also had a "F*** you Texas" chant going from their super awesome fans. I likewise had no opinion good or bad about them until this series. That has firmly changed. I don't think there is a team and fanbase I dislike more in the majors after this series.

All of that exacerbated by tu level fawning over them by Harold Reynolds and his cohorts.

POTD
Quincey P. Morris
AG
quote:
...and I don't want go overboard like Nolan did, but my goodness, is there anyway Diekman could be a starter? Too much stuff to be working 50 innings. On this note, I know we all love Nolan, but moving Ross, Feliz, and Ogando into starting roles played a significant role in the Rangers troubles in 2012 - 14.
Loved Nolan, hated those moves and it effectively ended Feliz's days as the power closer he was.
S.A.Aggie2006
AG
quote:
[You're joining him. In no mood for this garbage--Staff]
hey staff, why don't you police the Astros thread and stop having a double standard. Stros fans posting ****
hammels etc.... If a Rangers fan ever said that about an Astros player it would be an automatic ban. Clean it up.

[We respond when the votes alert us. We don't have the time to read everything that's posted. The posts you are complaining about were deleted, and the user banned. You, however, quoted the posts you are complaining about, and now are complaining about something that has already been dealt with. That's not the way to handle this. User banned--Staff]
gigem1223
quote:
quote:
hey staff, why don't you police the Astros thread and stop having a double standard. Stros fans posting **** hammels etc.... If a Rangers fan ever said that about an Astros player it would be an automatic ban. Clean it up.
CampingAg
AG
I get it. He's in a bad mood because he's a die hard Rangers fan.
PatAg
AG
I'm in the same boat as others. I had no opinion whatsoever about the blue jays before this, aside from knowing they score runs in bunches.

Despise them now.
Turkey 87
AG
My exact thoughts

quote:

GrapevineAg
AG
quote:
I get it. He's in a bad mood because he's a die hard Rangers fan.
DannyDuberstein
AG
May as well go scorched earth
Motel California
S
Bye Tincup
Mr Gigem
AG
Well...I definitely broke my wrist when I decided to punch an elevator door while leaving the ballpark in the bottom of the 7th
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
hey staff, why don't you police the Astros thread and stop having a double standard. Stros fans posting **** hammels etc.... If a Rangers fan ever said that about an Astros player it would be an automatic ban. Clean it up.

Whoever the Mod is for this board is a ****ing idiot. I'm not afraid to say it anymore. The **** that you pull on this thread is completely unacceptable and unprofessional. It's a ****ing thread on the MLB fourm. Let it go. And if you're going to police it, do it both ways.

Whoever you are, you're ****ing pathetic.
Lifelong Rangers fan my ass. ****ing POS
Heed your own advice and chill the **** out.
annie88
AG
quote:
quote:

What did their fans do? Team hasn't been here in 20 years. What is it they did so wrong to you

Oh I dunno. Maybe threw about 1000 beers on the field, many of which hit fellow fans and even their starting pitcher.
My bad. Didn't know about that. I saw first part and then very end. My apologies.
roginaustin
S
AccidentProne, if you get a chance, could you send a memo to JD to do a salary dump with Elvis? He's obviously let that contract go to his head.
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
quote:
Annie

Fair point on the bottle throwing...

...but the rest of that sounds like the same stuff you're whining about Toronto doing. You don't like his...haircut? Really?
Mr Gigem
AG
quote:
AccidentProne, if you get a chance, could you send a memo to JD to do a salary dump with Elvis? He's obviously let that contract go to his head.
Sure, once I get out of the hospital
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
Elvis was an oaf before the contract. He didn't deserve it in the first place.

Hard to say if JD even has the chance to dump that contract right now.
MooreTrucker
AG
They went WAY farther than anyone ever dreamed. Sucks that it had to end that way, though.

Thanks a lot, Elvis. Your nickname of E now has a new meaning.
bigcat22
AG
As much as today sucked, remembering where we were April through July helps me realize what a fun ride this season was. That division champs banner will fly forever. Many other fans and teams woulda loved to be in a game 5 today.
Motel California
S
Quincey P. Morris
AG
How is anything I posted in any way the same as what I described?
CampingAg
AG
CampingAg
AG
I always hate hearing Eric Nadel sign off saying, "Until next season, so long everybody."
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:

You don't think you sound like a whiny little toddler complaining about a bat flip and a haircut?

Piss and moan. Piss and moan. It's all the same.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Not really no. I'm not sure I get what your issue here is.
roginaustin
S
Just got an alert that "Elvis feels like he let Texas down with his errors". Well, no **** buddy. Now what do you do about it? Sulk and feel bad for yourself, or actually work in your fielding so this **** doesn't happen again.
Mr. White
quote:
quote:

You don't think you sound like a whiny little toddler complaining about a bat flip and a haircut?

Piss and moan. Piss and moan. It's all the same.

Pissing and moaning are the same? Huh?
AgBQ-00
AG
OK so I am finally free to post in the thread again. Seemed like every time I started posting during the season we went on a losing streak. I am pumped about how the season went as a whole. Really bummed about how the game went today but really excited for next year
Tincup12
quote:

Motel California
Olsen
AG
Rangers will be back in the postseason next season and will return to the World Series. Book it.
First Page Last Page
Page 393 of 398

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.