***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,464,284 Views | 62591 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by bearkatag15
fullback44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guys.. we are so lucky to have a team that has done this good for so long.. it makes my Aggie sports woes not bother me as much .. it's like sports relief.
redline248
AG
Just checking in to say...

GFY, Seattle
Ag_07
AG
Man what a huge accomplishment this has to be for Dana Brown. I'm happy for him. I had my hesitations. Not as many and as soon as some here but I had my doubts for sure. But not Dana.

We poked fun at him and Bagwell. We laughed when he talked about ripping off a win streak and getting to .500. We cursed him when the deadline came and we traded for some bum with a 4+ ERA. We questioned him when adding guys late like Heyward and Gamel.

He's getting the last laugh right now. I'll happily eat this full plate of crow.

Now the real fun starts. Onward and upward fellas!!
astros4545
AG
Looks like KC won the season series over Detroit

So that makes KC in the drivers seat for 5 seed, Detroit for 6
HTownAg98

Since one hasn't been posted yet, a wet Julia for you.
Twisted Helix
Pretty much a concession speech by JV. Passing the torch.
texasaggie2015
AG
Needed that tonight. I love this team.

The Astros are inevitable.
amercer
AG
Just to be clear, if we can escape the first round, we don't have to worry about having home field advantage after that.
Hornbeck
AG
Somebody created a sock just to screw with the Arlington fans. Which one of y'all?
Farmer1906
AG
I'm usually the one who is screaming from the rooftop not to take this for granted. But the division was weak and I feel like we came up short to where we should really be. I feel confident vs every other team in the AL minus maybe the Yankees. I just need Yordan healthy enough so we can go beat some ass in the WC.
scd88
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Needed that tonight. I love this team.

The Astros are inevitable.

Good to see you.
W
AG
astros4545 said:

Looks like KC won the season series over Detroit

So that makes KC in the drivers seat for 5 seed, Detroit for 6
the Braves (86-71) got a big win over the Mets (87-70) tonight

Atlanta will be fighting to the last day for the last wildcard spot

KC finishes with 3 in Atlanta

the Tigers should pass them for the 5-seed
jkag89
EastCoastAgNc
AG
W
AG
one thing I remember from the spring...

there were a bunch of tweets referencing the 1974 Pittsburgh Pirates

the last team to win its division after being 10 or 12 games under .500 in May

(or something like that)
EastCoastAgNc
AG
BadAggie
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I'm usually the one who is screaming from the rooftop not to take this for granted. But the division was weak and I feel like we came up short to where we should really be. I feel confident vs every other team in the AL minus maybe the Yankees. I just need Yordan healthy enough so we can go beat some ass in the WC.

Last 2 WS champs came out of this "weak" division

Mathguy64
AG
Yall need to be classy and not troll the Rangers on their thread.
Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Seriously. They're the last thing on my mind tonight.
tjack16
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Yeah I'll go on the trash talk thread but whoever made that fake profile to post on their thread… that was not the move
wangus12
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

And let's not forget immediately ***** slapping the A's out of the playoffs so who really won in 2020
W
AG
it is commendable to the front office...

that the Astros won the division despite having $50 MM in dead payroll on the books this year
BCEDAg
AG
McInnis said:

eATMup-Reveille said:

Prosperdick said:

iamtheglove said:

Been watching the Astros since 1971 when I was 7 years old. These last 10 years have been the best sports years of my life. Thanks Astros.

Watching since 1976 when I was 5 years old and wondered what excited my dad so much. Lost him to cancer in November of 2017 but not before he saw us win our first title. This is the golden age, everyone enjoy it and take NOTHING for granted.

Wonderful story. Unfortunately lost my Dad in 2015. I used to listen to Astros at night on my Transistor Radio under my pillow at night in the late 1960's before I was 10 years old. I thought that would prevent my parents from hearing it.

That was me, a little transistor under the pillow with Gene Elston and Loel Passe.

Been following the Colt 45's and Astros since their inaugural season in 1962. My dad took me to Colt Stadium in April 1962 for first game and got hooked. I hardly ever missed a game growing up listening on the radio to Gene Easton, Loel Passe and for a few seasons Harry Kalas, father of our Todd Kalas. Back then only Sunday games were televised and those were only road games. And I hardly ever miss a game now. Winning never gets old for this old guy:
AggieJ2002
AG
Whew! Exhale! What a season. Definitely different than other years. Not near so confident going into the playoffs but let's go steal a WS when we are not at our absolute best heading into the postseason!
Twisted Helix
BCEDAg
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Well someone had to win it and who else but the Stros? Their DNA is championship caliber.
Mathguy64
AG
So. Over the next 4 games Grae should get like 12 ABs. Surely he gets a hit. That needs to happen.
PoppaB05
AG
Yeah, whoever went to the Rangers thread really needs help.

This team has been frustrating but they have a chance if they can get Yordan back. The AL outside of the Astros is pretty weak at SP rotation depth and honestly that's usually a huge predictor of success.

Good year. Let's go and make it great
cone
AG
Mariners fan just has to be sick to their stomachs

Good lord they're snakebite
KAF
Yep
RangerRick9211
AG
redline248 said:

Just checking in to say...

GFY, Seattle

Lol, love in the hood. I won't be obnoxious about anything, especially politics.

But this. Game on.
GoAgs11
meh after them flagging every image last season dont' care about someone trolling their thread
BadAggie
AG
GoAgs11 said:

meh after them flagging every image last season dont' care about someone trolling their thread

Here's a little something for Rangerfan

linkdude
AG
SIAP
agproducer
AG
Went to the game tonight. It was close to a playoff atmosphere.

I wore my Astros tequila sunrise BP Jersey and WS cap that I got at Game 5 in 2017 and orange and blue Houston shoes.

That combo was worn to Game 5 2017, one of the home games of WS 2021, Game 2 of WS 2022 and the division clincher. All wins.

It's not ripped jeans level, but it works for me!
First Page
Page 1788 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.