Astros 2015 improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series UPDATED OP WARNING

3,168,299 Views | 31862 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mazag08
MosesHallRAB04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
In his last ten starts, McCullers has gone at least 6 innings in 7 of them, with all 7 of those starts being quality starts. If you look at his numbers since they skipped two of his starts in mid-August, he's started 7 games, going 6+ in 6 of those, with all 6 being quality starts.

McHugh has gone 6+ in 8 of his last ten, with 7 quality starts.

Kazmir has gone 6+ in 4 of his last ten, with 3 quality starts.

Fiers has gone 6+ in 6 of his last ten, with all 6 being quality starts.

It's pointless to use stats with nuke about mccullers. I really think he banged his sister, mom or girlfriend. He's bagged on him all year. Regardless of how good he's pitched and especially after his tough outings
aggiematt235
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
I assume these are refunded if we don't actually make the ALDS (I'm looking at Sunday tickets)

My question
miller0926
AG
324 row 4 for Play-in game
313 row 2 for ALDS game 3
317 row 4 for ALDS game 4
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
Passed on the ALDS Monday game (because it might be afternoon).

?

Who cares ferris bueller!? It's the playoffs!!!!
bigjag19
AG
In for Monday and Sunday.

My understanding is the only way we host Monday is a tie with LAA?

Twins and rangers host us.
zgood10
AG
quote:
quote:
Passed on the ALDS Monday game (because it might be afternoon).

?

Who cares ferris bueller!? It's the playoffs!!!!
Ah F*** it. I got Sec 319 for ALDS home game 2
Ag_07
AG
Buddy and I Eiffel Towered this beetch

I got 4 for ALDS Game 3 and he got 4 for ALDS Game 4. We each get 2 for each game

NOW LET'S MAKE IT THERE GDit!!!!!!!!!!!!
Farmer1906
AG
Monday Tiebreaker: Section 116, Row 39
Sunday Game: Section 132, Row 36
Texaggie7nine
Finally got it.
7nine
Sea Gull
AG
I bought 4 for each game.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
quote:
quote:
In his last ten starts, McCullers has gone at least 6 innings in 7 of them, with all 7 of those starts being quality starts. If you look at his numbers since they skipped two of his starts in mid-August, he's started 7 games, going 6+ in 6 of those, with all 6 being quality starts.

McHugh has gone 6+ in 8 of his last ten, with 7 quality starts.

Kazmir has gone 6+ in 4 of his last ten, with 3 quality starts.

Fiers has gone 6+ in 6 of his last ten, with all 6 being quality starts.

It's pointless to use stats with nuke about mccullers. I really think he banged his sister, mom or girlfriend. He's bagged on him all year. Regardless of how good he's pitched and especially after his tough outings

You're a ****ing idiot. McCullers is a good pitcher but it was frustrating early on. Pretty sure I haven't bagged on him since his skipped starts, and if I have it was at the beginning of one game where he was sucking.

Get off your soapbox.

I went to Lances first game that he pitched here just to see him. He has absolute stud potential and I've posted about that at length too.
Longhorn Nation
4 in the Club for Monday's NLDS Gm 2!! Come on 'Stros, make it happen!
Basketball and Chain
AG
Bought the full 8 for each game. Let's get it!
Ag_07
AG
quote:
Bought the full 8 for each game.

#HumbleBrag
McGibblets
AG
333 row 3 for all 3. That's gotta be good luck, right?
texasaggie2015
AG
Where's my freaking email?
shano0603
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
We pay him THAT much?
Rasmus has the third highest salary on the team behind Kazmir and Feldman

FWIW I heard on Sunday that Rasmus will not back next year. I assumed it was a salary issue
Wouldn't really make sense to... We already have Gomez and Springer.
Texaggie7nine
I bought 2 for the play in, 3 for the 1st game and 2 for the 2nd.

That leaves at least 5 for each game. PM if you want my password, I won't be using it anymore.
7nine
gougler08
AG
Up with the poors in Section 414 for the Sunday game
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
quote:
I bought 2 for the play in, 3 for the 1st game and 2 for the 2nd.

That leaves at least 5 for each game. PM if you want my password, I won't be using it anymore.

Pretty sure it's 8 per transaction, not total. If you need a code PM me
Farmer1906
AG
Here is my code if anyone needs it.

FPLQZAPH

Not sure if it still works. There should be 5 for Monday (tie), 4 for Sunday (ALDS), and 8 for Monday (ALDS).
mid90
AG
Got tickets for the sunday ALDS game.
Sea Gull
AG
Now we need them to make it!!
zgood10
AG
DGAF, now I'm in for all 3 games
Mr.Ackar07
Things could get interesting if the Rangers lose one more game to the Tigers. That would set up some great scenarios where the Angels, Ranges, and Astros could finish in a 3 way tie for the AL West and 2nd Wild Card.
McGibblets
AG
quote:
Things could get interesting if the Rangers lose one more game to the Tigers. That would set up some great scenarios where the Angels, Ranges, and Astros could finish in a 3 way tie for the AL West and 2nd Wild Card.

If that happens, let's just say **** it and put up a division champs pennant to piss off the rangers like the Cards did to us
byfLuger41
AG
I snagged 2 tickets for the Sunday game.

Section 102.
Ag_07
AG
Is there any chance at all that we all catch the Yanks and end up with 3 in the playoffs?
Mr.Ackar07
quote:
Is there any chance at all that we all catch the Yanks and end up with 3 in the playoffs?
That's impossible since the Rangers play the Angels. In order for the Angels to make the playoffs, they need to beat the Rangers. In beating the Rangers, the Rangers would not be able to have a better record than the Yankees if they fail to win the division.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
That's impossible since the Rangers play the Angels. In order for the Angels to make the playoffs, they need to beat the Rangers. In beating the Rangers, the Rangers would not be able to have a better record than the Yankees if they fail to win the division.
4 way tie?

Yanks lose out 86-76
Rangers win 2 then get swept by LAA 86-76
Angels win 2 then sweep Tex 86-76
Astros finish 3-2 86-76
Ag_07
AG
That's how I had it in my head but I just haven't heard anything concerning the Yankees so wasn't sure.

Making sure we weren't missing anything.
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
quote:
What if this scenario plays out (it is next to impossible, but just for grins):

HOU wins out, finishes at 88-74
NYY loses out, finishes at 86-76
TEX wins rest of DET series, and loses 4 of 4 to LAA. Finishes at 86-76
LAA wins out, finishes at 88-74

Does TEX or NYY have the tiebreak in that instance? And do we have the tiebreak on LAA if we tie or do they?

Again, this isn't going to happen. Just wanted to play a what if game and also find out about the tiebreakers
miller0926
AG
If there is a 3 way tie between Rangers-Stros-Angels:

Astros record

vs. Rangers: 6-13
vs. Angels: 10-9

Rangers record

vs. Astros: 13-6
vs. Angels: 5-10 (4 left)

Angels record

vs. Astros: 9-10
vs. Rangers: 10-5 (4 left)

From http://m.mlb.com/news/article/59527184/playoff-tiebreaker-rules:

If Club 1 has a better record against Club 2, Club 2 has a better record against Club 3, and Club 3 has a better record against Club 1; OR Club 1 has a better record against Club 2, Club 2 and 3 have identical records against one another and Club 3 has a better record against Club 1; OR Club 1 and 2 have identical records against one another, Club 1 has a better record against Club 3 and Club 2 and 3 have identical records against one another, then:

a. The Clubs will be ranked by their overall winning percentage amongst the other Clubs combined. The Club with the highest overall winning percentage in that group chooses its designation, followed by the team with the next highest overall winning percentage.

b. If two of the Clubs have identical winning percentages, then they would follow the two-Club tiebreak rules to break their tie to pick their designation.

c. If all three teams have identical winning percentages, then the tiebreak rules above (No. 1) for three clubs having identical records against one another should be followed.

Based on criteria a, the Astros would be the team left out if there is a 3 way tie, because our record amongst the 3 teams is 16-22 and the worst the Angels can be is 19-19 and the worst the Rangers can be is 18-20
Ag_07
AG
But one of us has to win the division so there wouldn't be a 3 way tie correct?

The best record would the division winner and the two leftover teams would play a 1 game playoff to see who gets to play in the 1 game playoff.
First Page Last Page
Page 687 of 911

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.