Astros 2015 improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series UPDATED OP WARNING

3,168,296 Views | 31862 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mazag08
McGibblets
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just imagine the butt hurt if the stros win the division and the Angels take the 2nd WC spot
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
Just imagine the butt hurt if the stros win the division and the Angels take the 2nd WC spot

The karma would be delicious. But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves just yet
mid90
AG
Chris carter is putting the team on his back and trying to carry the stros into the playoffs.

3 game-winning homeruns in 3 games.
JABQ04
AG
quote:
Chris carter is putting the team on his back and trying to carry the stros into the playoffs.

Glad he's doing what he's doing but this is just going to make his case to be back next year.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
This mccullers guy just isn't cutting it. His outings are too short and it kills the bullpen. He needs to be back in the minors. I've never been as high on this guy as everyone else.

- Nuke
jbanda
AG
Mr. September?

AVG OBP SLG OPS
September .385 .467 1.038 1.505
Last 7 days .545 .615 1.727 2.342

CHRIS FREAKING CARTER.
Sea Gull
AG
Dudes raking right now. Have to keep it going.
texasaggie2015
AG
If he leads us to a playoff berth, I'll forgive him for everything he's done before this.

And then demand that he's gone before the start of next season.
jbanda
AG
I've heard it said before, but he just needs to be in the minors/60 day DL until august every year. Then bring him up.
Ag_07
AG
Anyone see the post game interview with Carter?

I didn't even know he talked. I felt like I was watching live footage of a Sasquatch. It was amazing!!
Sea Gull
AG
He actually speaks very well...I like the guy just wish he didn't suck so much 95% of the year.
Frok
AG
quote:

That's right. I've supported Hinch all year in keeping him on the team.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah really well spoken.

It's just I've never heard him talk. Maybe it's the fact that he's never beent he player of the game so he's never had to do an interview.

And I was waiting for someone to bring up Hinch. His decisions look pretty good (Carter, not yanking Lance early, Sipp, Perez, Gregerson) when guys do their job huh?
McGibblets
AG
Lance gave up 1 run early. Anyone who wanted to pull him after that must have never watched a game of baseball before
Ag_07
AG
Someone on here said (paraphrasing) Looks like it's going to be an early night for Lance. His control is already off.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
quote:
This mccullers guy just isn't cutting it. His outings are too short and it kills the bullpen. He needs to be back in the minors. I've never been as high on this guy as everyone else.

- Nuke

Easy to say that after last night. He's a great pitcher but I'm not gonna anoint him until he consistently goes past 5 innings. You can't deny that regardless of how many runs you give up, only doing it for short innings is a bullpen destroyer. He had a great ERA early on, but he wasn't going far enough into games.

And yeah, I wish he could have worked out his control stuff in the minors. Doesn't mean I don't think he's good. He has some of the best pure stuff on the team.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Carter on the other hand -- I'll eat crow over that **** talk all day long. Need him to stay hot.
Farmer1906
AG
Since coming back up he's pitched over 5 inning in 6 of his last 7 starts. The one start he didn't he only went 5.
Basketball and Chain
AG
In his last ten starts, McCullers has gone at least 6 innings in 7 of them, with all 7 of those starts being quality starts. If you look at his numbers since they skipped two of his starts in mid-August, he's started 7 games, going 6+ in 6 of those, with all 6 being quality starts.

McHugh has gone 6+ in 8 of his last ten, with 7 quality starts.

Kazmir has gone 6+ in 4 of his last ten, with 3 quality starts.

Fiers has gone 6+ in 6 of his last ten, with all 6 being quality starts.
Ag_07
AG
From the Ranger thread. They're worried

quote:
quote:
Just for fun, Fangraphs playoff odds as of right now (9/28)

To win the West:
TEX - 81.4%
HOU - 8.9%
LAA - 9.7%

To win the second Wildcard:
HOU - 56.6%
LAA - 25.0%
MIN - 5.1%
CLE - 0.6%
Ouch - after last night:

To win the West -
TEX - 65.8%
HOU - 18.9%
LAA - 15.3%

To win the second Wildcard:
HOU - 52.8%
LAA - 22.3%
MIN - 5.0%

So last night we doubled our chances of winning the West. Would love to see that happen again tonight!!
Mr.Bond
AG
Does anyone want to sit with me at Mississippi state game? I'm trying to sell one of my tickets. Stros Bros before Hoes
Ag_07
AG
quote:
Does anyone want to sit with me at Mississippi state game? I'm trying to sell one of my tickets. Stros Bros before Hoes

What do you think this is Tinder?
Mr.Bond
AG
Sssshhhhh don't blow my cover
CampingAg
AG
Not worried.

Yet.
Sea Gull
AG
I actually like our chances of winning the West more than the WC. If we can somehow manage to win 4 out of the last 5, it's a distinct possibility...especially if the Rangers and Angels can split their 4 game series.

If the Astros can go 5-0 or 4-1 to end the season, I think we can grab AT LEAST the WC, if not the decision. Really need the Rangers and Angels to split, depending on how the remainder of the series against the Tigers and A's goes....
AggieJ2002
AG
If we go 4-1, it is at least guaranteed that we have an extra play-in game to make the playoffs at a minimum. Right now, I think 4-1 needs to be the goal for these last 5. Very difficult to do under this pressure, but it can happen.

Of course I don't count the loser of the wild card game as having actually made the playoffs, but that is just me.

I'm beginning to wonder what happens if the Astros, Rangers, Angels, and Twins all end up tied in the standings at the end of the season. That would have to wreak havoc on the MLB playoff schedule.
Ag_07
AG
I completely agree.

It's so weird how it works out. The Rangers/LAA series can hurt or help us. If they Rangers lose and we don't win we're actually losing ground.

Too bad we can't have the WC clinched leaving the OAK.

I'd really like to get as much as we can from this OAK series and their DET series so that if the Angels sweep we won't also be bumped out of the WC.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
It's so weird how it works out. The Rangers/LAA series can hurt or help us. If they Rangers lose and we don't win we're actually losing ground.
This.

'stros just need to take care of business and it will play out however it plays out.
Basketball and Chain
AG
quote:
Your presale for single game tickets for these three possible games begins onTuesday, September 29th at 1:00 p.m. and extends through 10:00 p.m. CT. You will receive an email on Tuesday morning with your unique password and a link to purchase.
I still haven't received the email with my password. Anyone else in the same boat?
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
Your presale for single game tickets for these three possible games begins onTuesday, September 29th at 1:00 p.m. and extends through 10:00 p.m. CT. You will receive an email on Tuesday morning with your unique password and a link to purchase.
I still haven't received the email with my password. Anyone else in the same boat?
Ditto
Longhorn Nation
Same boat.
Ag_07
AG
Just about to post the same thing. 1130 and no link or PW.
Sea Gull
AG
Same boat.
texasaggie2015
AG
That just means we'll be getting an extra special email in a few weeks for exclusive World Series tickets
McGibblets
AG
Wonder who this is

First Page Last Page
Page 685 of 911

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.