************* Rockets 21-22 Season thread *************

77,731 Views | 734 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AG@RICE
Aggie09Derek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Waived I'm sure
Aggie09Derek
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I like it. Now package the 2 late picks and move up

No one gives a crap about late firsts. Maybe could package two and move up 5-7 spots or something I suppose.
Ryan34
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Waived I'm sure

Don't you put that evil on us.
AG@RICE
AG
I'll take it. I was hoping for more, but it's certainly better than nothing. I think the next move will help shape the total outcome. If you can move into the midteens I think you get a much better player. There is a clear top 3, then there are 12-15 guys who could all have great careers depending on their environment and development.
TREX01
Now all we have to do is get rid of Porter and we can start stacking players with a good basketball IQ and players that value the team.
Harry Dunne
Good riddance. Empty numbers guy.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Haha on Russillo's pod they asked the question, who are the top 5 American white guys in the league….

Anyone want to give it a go?
Señor Chang
AG
Off the top of my head and in no particular order,

Kevin Love
Tyler Herro
Kevin Huerter
Gordon Hayward
Payton Pritchard

Yeah, that was tough just thinking of 5.

Edit: completely forgot about the Bald Mamba
Aggie09Derek
AG
Carushow def top 5 right now
Vinny
CFTXAG10 said:

Can't do that. Dallas still has to make that pick at 26 on behalf of Houston before the trade can be official. This all goes back to Dallas & the NY Knicks and the KP trade. Dallas still has to rescind their 2023 first rounder to NY. According to NBA rules you can't outright trade draft picks in back to back years.
Ryan34
AG
Vinny said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Can't do that. Dallas still has to make that pick at 26 on behalf of Houston before the trade can be official. This all goes back to Dallas & the NY Knicks and the KP trade. Dallas still has to rescind their 2023 first rounder to NY. According to NBA rules you can't outright trade draft picks in back to back years.

Houston can still agree to trade 26. Dallas would just be picking on a different team's behalf rather than Houston's.
shano0603
AG
Not a bad trade. It was time for Wood to be gone. I am curious which of the players received will be immediately waived. Two of the guys were rockets in recent years. Burke is getting old. I'd like to keep Boban because he's awesome and could use his size.

This is the last year Wall will be on the books. We are setting up to have a lot of money to spend. Question is if they could get a free agent to join.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Million(s) dollar question for sure. They will have cap room but who is gonna want to come play with KPJ/Green/#3 pick

If we get someone decent and a few vet role players all the sudden looking at a decent team.
CFTXAG10
AG
Ryan34 said:

Vinny said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Houston can still agree to trade 26. Dallas would just be picking on a different team's behalf rather than Houston's.
That is my thinking. Part of me would move up as high as possible with those late two picks, and the other part of me is happy with Stone as a talent evaluator getting three opps. Just glad that Stone got us all talking about Rockets basketball again.
YNWA_AG
AG
Aggie09Derek
AG

I'll be imrpesed if we can get anything for him....but honestly doesn't really matter. Guess small chance can hit on a lotto ticket and get a role player that is a plus player.
Ryan34
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Ryan34 said:

Vinny said:

CFTXAG10 said:

That is my thinking. Part of me would move up as high as possible with those late two picks, and the other part of me is happy with Stone as a talent evaluator getting three opps. Just glad that Stone got us all talking about Rockets basketball again.

I'm not sure we have enough roster space to add 3 more picks.
CFTXAG10
AG
Ryan34 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Ryan34 said:

Vinny said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I'm not sure we have enough roster space to add 3 more picks.
True. I am curious to see what happens to the Dallas haul with Boban, Burke, Brown, Chriss. Buy outs?
Ryan34
AG
They will almost certainly be waived or moved. Maybe you keep Burke since we could use a backup PG.

Just looking at our roster though, packaging #17 and #26 to trade up makes more sense IMO. It's hard to see us giving #26 minutes any time soon. We have KPJ + 4 2021 1sts + #3 + #17 + 2023 1st (likely to be very high).

That's 8 already, not including Martin or any veterans added through all the cap space we're clearing for 2023. Or 7 if you don't include Garuba, but I still like his promise defensively.

Gordon and Tate are likely on their way out, so packaging one or both with #17 and #26 makes sense to me. Throw in Milwaukee's 2023 1st for good measure. Not sure how high we could get with that, but maybe could be enough to grab a defensive wing who wouldn't otherwise be available at #17.

I guess we'll see soon enough. Trading for a low first round pick who will sit on the bench or get stashed overseas isn't particularly exciting IMO. 7 firsts in 2021/2022 + a high pick in 2023 + KPJ + plus vets (cap space) just feels overly crowded. Stockpiling picks is great, but we need to space it out a little bit. JMO.
Harry Dunne
I'll be sad to lose Tate. You need guys like him on championship teams, but he's due a pretty solid payday after this season and we won't be good enough soon enough to justify paying what he's going to command.
AG@RICE
AG
Call your shot:

Banchero at 3

Jalen Williams at 17

Dalen Terry at 26

(Terry probably won't be there....maybe this is more hopeful...)
superaggie73
AG
AG@RICE said:

Call your shot:

Banchero at 3

Jalen Williams at 17

Dalen Terry at 26

You don't think Eason makes it to 17?
Ryan34
AG
AG@RICE said:

Call your shot:

Banchero at 3

Jalen Williams at 17

Dalen Terry at 26

Banchero at 3.

No clue on the rest because I think they end up trading and ultimately end up with only 2 picks.
The Porkchop Express
God pleae don't let Holmgren fall to third and make the Rockets have to make that decision.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
RebAg13
AG
Happy with any of the top 3. Lottery odds were very good to the rockets.
We are the Aggies, The Aggies are We
AG@RICE
AG
He might. Wouldn't be upset with him either. Love Williams, reminds me of Harden bodywise.
Iowaggie
AG
Texaggie7nine
7nine
Iowaggie
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

And it doesn't need to be thrown out as a reminder, but as a reminder:

3 Toed Pete
AG
20 minutes into the predraft show and......nothing so far about the draft. Should have known.
CFTXAG10
AG
Soooooo Chet?
mAgnoliAg
AG
Holy **** we are taking holmgren
CFTXAG10
AG
Might be Jabari , woj saying OKC takes Chet
rausr
AG
Wow - that changes lots of things
mAgnoliAg
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Might be Jabari , woj saying OKC takes Chet

Dear God please

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.