************* Rockets 21-22 Season thread *************

77,366 Views | 734 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AG@RICE
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seems a bit harsh

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/las-vegas-summer-league-winners-losers-paolo-banchero-jaden-ivey/raaovhscw60ytrdzvu5frae4
7nine
zooguy96
Texaggie7nine said:

Seems a bit harsh

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/las-vegas-summer-league-winners-losers-paolo-banchero-jaden-ivey/raaovhscw60ytrdzvu5frae4

Yeah, because they can tell from 2 summer league games how a player's NBA career is going to turn out.
Unemployed
AG
zooguy96 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Seems a bit harsh

Yeah, because they can tell from 2 summer league games how a player's NBA career is going to turn out.
LOL...maybe you should've paid more attention to the article.

Quote:

Naturally, that causes some overreactions both good and bad based on how prospects perform. As I mentioned in my roundup of the California Classic and Salt Lake City Summer Leagues, it's important to remember these few things:
  • If a player goes off at Summer League, it's exciting, but it doesn't guarantee that it will translate to regular season NBA games.
  • If a player completely lays an egg at Summer League, it doesn't automatically mean they're a bust, either.
  • If a player plays well, that's great! If they don't, after all, "it's just Summer League."

zooguy96
RealTalk said:

zooguy96 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Seems a bit harsh

LOL...maybe you should've paid more attention to the article.

Quote:

Naturally, that causes some overreactions both good and bad based on how prospects perform. As I mentioned in my roundup of the California Classic and Salt Lake City Summer Leagues, it's important to remember these few things:
  • If a player goes off at Summer League, it's exciting, but it doesn't guarantee that it will translate to regular season NBA games.
  • If a player completely lays an egg at Summer League, it doesn't automatically mean they're a bust, either.
  • If a player plays well, that's great! If they don't, after all, "it's just Summer League."

Eh, was skimming while working.
AG@RICE
AG
Author could have at least waited till the end of summer league before writing this kind of hot dog filler. His "loser" take looks silly after Jabari shot 60% from 3 and locked down the entire spurs summer league roster in game 3.

Banchero is a heck of a player right now, but I still think we got a phenomenal prospect in Jabari. His desire to play defense is probably the highest in the draft class (possibly rivaled by his new teammate Tari). He also has the most room to grow of anyone in the draft.
zooguy96
AG@RICE said:

Author could have at least waited till the end of summer league before writing this kind of hot dog filler. His "loser" take looks silly after Jabari shot 60% from 3 and locked down the entire spurs summer league roster in game 3.

Banchero is a heck of a player right now, but I still think we got a phenomenal prospect in Jabari. His desire to play defense is probably the highest in the draft class (possibly rivaled by his new teammate Tari). He also has the most room to grow of anyone in the draft.

I really like him as a prospect because 1. He's a good shooter 2. He plays defense and can guard any position. 3. He has a ton of upside.
Unemployed
AG
Perhaps you need to stop working.
GigEmMortis
AG
Been very impressed with Eason this summer. He may have been a steal at #17
CFTXAG10
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
Wow. Nostalgia off the charts!

Texaggie7nine

7nine
Harry Dunne
Dude can ball but is too lazy. Could have been a solid player in the league if he didn't take plays off and had any sort of second effort.
canadiaggie
AG
Chet lisfranc done for the year. Wow, sucks for him and OKC
WES2006AG
AG
canadiaggie said:

Not sure it we really wanted Chet but sure feels like we dodged a bullet here. Foot injuries just seem so common for the NBAs 7-footers.
CFTXAG10
AG

Quote:

Los Angeles Lakers finalizing deal to acquire Patrick Beverley from Utah Jazz, sources say - Woj
Good for Pat
WES2006AG
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Quote:

Los Angeles Lakers finalizing deal to acquire Patrick Beverley from Utah Jazz, sources say - Woj
Good for Pat
Yep, don't care who Pat is playing for I always root for him. The NBA would be more fun if everyone played with that intensity.
AG@RICE
AG
WES2006AG said:

canadiaggie said:

Not sure it we really wanted Chet but sure feels like we dodged a bullet here. Foot injuries just seem so common for the NBAs 7-footers.
Wow...definitely a bullet dodged. The knock on Chet coming into the draft was that he would snap the minute he ran into a legit NBA body. Pretty much what happened....
Texaggie7nine
7nine
CFTXAG10
AG

canadiaggie
AG
Those are amazing holy sheeit
CFTXAG10
AG

WES2006AG
AG
Wow. Not every day a team trades a franchise player without being forced to.
Frok
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

How about red and gold?

GigEmMortis
AG
I don't mind the Jersey, even though it makes us look like the early 90's SuperSonics.

The shorts are terrible, though
3 Toed Pete
AG
I don't get the green other than just a lot more potential jersies to try and sell. Baylor grad Carol Dawson didn't even try this crap when he was running the Rockets.
WES2006AG
AG
I don't hate the jerseys but they do seem very out of place. Nobody really cares that the Rockets were in San Diego for a few minutes back in the 60s.
GigEmMortis
AG
I wish they would make the blue pinstripe with the mid 90's "Rockets" font our permanent jersey and court design. I think they did a great job capturing both of those eras with that logo/jersey combo.
WES2006AG
AG
GigEmMortis said:

I wish they would make the blue pinstripe with the mid 90's "Rockets" font our permanent jersey and court design. I think they did a great job capturing both of those eras with that logo/jersey combo.
Yep, those looked great last year.
bearkatag15
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
Favors could be useful but this is a nice little $$$$ shuffle by Stone
GigEmMortis
AG
First impressions, the only thing that excites me is the draft pick. Favors would have been a nice pickup 8 years ago lol.

Is this a move to dump salary? I'm not sure the contracts of the players involved. Because otherwise it looks kinda like an irrelevant deal on both sides
mAgnoliAg
AG@RICE
AG
First preseason game tomorrow. Let's get this started.
Unemployed
AG
AG@RICE said:

Nice performances by the rooks Smith and Eason.
AG@RICE
AG
RealTalk said:

AG@RICE said:

Nice performances by the rooks Smith and Eason.
No doubt. It got me super fired up so I started our new season thread.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.