*****2021 Spurs Offseason Thread*****

48,318 Views | 757 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by azul_rain
West Texan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Might as well get this started. We're currently sitting at 12 in the lottery. A decision has to be made on what to do with Derozan. And for the love of God we have to add better 3 point shooters.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Will Duncan Robinson work for you?
aggieactor01
AG
In
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Will Duncan Robinson work for you?

West Texan
AG
Also looking ahead to the draft, I'm already on the Josh Giddey band wagon. 6'8" playmaker and should be available in the late lottery.
Ag Natural
AG
Are we sure there isn't a coin flip with Charlotte to determine the 11/12 slot?

Obviously the best case scenario is to win the lottery. There's a chance right?
Enzo The Baker
AG
1.8% for 11th and 1.7% for 12th according the Tankathon.
West Texan
AG
Best case scenario for the draft is we somehow get lucky and land a top 4 slot. IMO there are 5 guys at the top of the draft that are head and shoulder better than the field (Cade Cunningham, Evan Mobley, Jalen Suggs, Jalen Green, and Jonathan Kuminga).

After that, there are a handful of guys that have high upside, but also questions surrounding them like Jalen Johnson, Scottie Barnes, Josh Giddey, and a couple others.

Then there are guys that I think are instant plug and play guys, but don't have nearly as high ceilings (Corey Kispert, Franz Wagner, the two Baylor guards.)

I haven't done a ton of reading/watching video of many of this years prospects yet, but the guys in the second two lists could all potentially be available for us in the late lottery.
Guitarsoup
AG
Cappo
AG
sigh
Enzo The Baker
AG
11/12 coin flip happening sometime early afternoon today. Doesn't affect odds by that much but still better to get 11th.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Spurs get #12. Oh well. We won a tie breaker I believe in 2018 (Lonnie draft).
Ag Natural
AG
Shocking that a Kawhi led team is showing no leadership.
MookieBlaylock
AG
That Forbes kid looking good wonder if the bucks would trade him for a first
West Texan
AG
MookieBlaylock
AG
Ag Natural said:

Shocking that a Kawhi led team is showing no leadership.

This aged well
West Texan
AG
I've got a new Spurs fan!

This is Avery Grace, she made her debut this afternoon aft 6 lbs 12 oz and 20 1/2" long.

Had to keep the Spurs theme going with the name with a nod to the Little General. Our almost 3 years old son is Parker Duncan. Couldn't convince the wife to name her Manu, so I went with another point guard.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Desert Fever, Lloyd Daniels or Zarco are good baby namea as well
West Texan
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Desert Fever, Lloyd Daniels or Zarco are good baby namea as well

DeJuan Blair was in the running, but got eliminated by Ime Udoka.
MookieBlaylock
AG
So are we using PER to judge players now?
West Texan
AG
Spurs and Aggie basketball related.

Enzo The Baker
AG
About one week way from the lottery (next Tuesday). Here's hoping for a little luck.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Holt Jr. became managing partner with Michael Dell and Sixth Street becoming investors. I will not be surprised if the Spurs leave for Austin in the next 10 years.

Edit: It's reported that Dell and Sixth Street's respective stakes will be 10% and 20%. Yikes. Austin Spurs are already in place. Will be a smooth transition.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Holt Jr. became managing partner with Michael Dell and Sixth Street becoming investors. I will not be surprised if the Spurs leave for Austin in the next 10 years.

Edit: It's reported that Dell and Sixth Street's respective stakes will be 10% and 20%. Yikes. Austin Spurs are already in place. Will be a smooth transition.
San Antonio was so stupid for not building the AT&T Center at or near Retama Park rather than in that ****hole near Freeman.
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

San Antonio was so stupid for not building the AT&T Center at or near Retama Park rather than in that ****hole near Freeman.

You mean you don't enjoy driving through the barrio to get to the AT&T Center?!
superunknown
AG
Feels like a conversation for 2031 or 2041 but I don't see city of Austin or Travis County putting anything at all towards an arena downtown. And I can't see Austinites giving 2 shtts about schlepping to Round Rock or Kyle/Buda for games. Moody Center absolutely a non-starter.

Austin sounds like a city on the verge of being a major league sports city (sorry, an MLS team that plays across from a discount tire doesn't count) but once you scratch the surface, there's no "there" there.
Guitarsoup
AG
Austin just broke ground on the 10k seat sip arena. Smaller than Reed Arena.

Current smallest NBA arena is the Pelicans with 17k seats.

No way Austin turns around and builds a 20k arena a few years after building a 10k arena.
The Shank Ag
This will never happen but random trade idea...

Derozan (sign and trade)
Popovich

for

Porzingis
Hardaway (sign and trade)
West Texan
AG
The Shank Ag said:

Derozan (sign and trade)
Popovich

for

Porzingis

West Texan
AG
The draft lottery is tomorrow. Here's to hoping the basketball gods smile upon us.
West Texan
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili
I hope I'm wrong but I feel like Becky is getting jerked around. Seems like lots of teams just want the PR.
Ag Natural
AG
The Shank Ag said:

Derozan (sign and trade)
Popovich

for

Porzingis
Why would the Spurs want to downgrade?
Guitarsoup
AG
https://news4sanantonio.com/amp/sports/if-traded-vegas-has-spurs-with-third-best-odd-as-next-team-for-ben-simmons

I could see Simmons on a beautiful game-type team.

LoL, take DeMar
Ag Natural
AG
Guitarsoup said:

https://news4sanantonio.com/amp/sports/if-traded-vegas-has-spurs-with-third-best-odd-as-next-team-for-ben-simmons

I could see Simmons on a beautiful game-type team.

LoL, take DeMar
I would do it for a signed Demare and change. I don't like giving up as much as that article suggests. Simmons was terrible in the playoffs and should be a damaged asset at this point. Hell, Philly should be salivating over DD. His skillset is exactly what they were missing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.