2019 NBA offseason

89,201 Views | 920 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Enzo The Baker
flashplayer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Guitarsoup said:

Farmer1906 said:

I don't get it.
DAntonio is 6-20 against Pop in the playoffs, has never won a series and has never taken a series to 7 games.

It seems like it would have been relevant in maybe 2013 not the 2019 offseason.

You must have been born in 2018. Lol.

?quality=90&auto=webp
Good Poster
AG
Manu is the goat
Guitarsoup
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Guitarsoup said:

Farmer1906 said:

I don't get it.
DAntonio is 6-20 against Pop in the playoffs, has never won a series and has never taken a series to 7 games.

It seems like it would have been relevant in maybe 2013 not the 2019 offseason.
You think he just stays awake all night so that the Pop nightmares don't come back?
Farmer1906
AG
Ok

Good luck the rest of the offseason.
CreedBratton
azulAg said:

LOLZ if we got a first round matchup with San Antonio I would be thrilled. Easy win in 5 games
Cappo
AG
CreedBratton said:

azulAg said:

LOLZ if we got a first round matchup with San Antonio I would be thrilled. Easy win in 5 games
I'm sure you've said something like that before.
k20dub
AG
CreedBratton said:

azulAg said:

Are you talking about a couple years from now? They aren't making the playoffs in 2020.
M.C. Swag
AG
So this thread is done, eh?
CreedBratton
Cappo said:

CreedBratton said:

azulAg said:

I'm sure you've said something like that before.

Yep. Said it last year. Unfortunately we dropped to the 4 seed and had to play Utah, who we defeated in 5 games. Which is a bummer, because we probably would have beaten SA in 4 had we snagged the 2 seed
CreedBratton
I also seem to remember a large number of Spurs fans on their thread hoping that they didn't get paired with Houston in the first round, because like us, y'all knew that would be a bad matchup for SA. But carry on, don't let my facts get in the way of your narrative
aggie_fan13
AG
I hope we don't pair with Houston cause I can't stand your incessant bandwagon fans
Cappo
AG
Here you go hoss

Farmer1906
AG
Very impressive. However, I don't think it helped you out this offseason and won't for the 2019-20 season.
Good Poster
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

Farmer1906 said:

Very impressive. However, I don't think it helped you out this offseason and won't for the 2019-20 season.
If I was a Rockets supporter, I would throw myself from the tallest building I could find.

Because of Westbrook's 1 for 9 from three?
Farmer1906
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

Farmer1906 said:

If I was a Rockets supporter, I would throw myself from the tallest building I could find.
That sounds deeper than fandom for your team. You should seek help.
HossAg
AG
azulAg said:

I hope we don't pair with Houston cause I can't stand your incessant bandwagon fans

You're like the most cancerous fan on all of TexAgs. Your Houston hatred is just over the top.
aggie_fan13
AG
trash city
Cappo
AG
Houston won't win a title for a long time - Russ is not going to make them much better if any better at all

I find it funny people could say with confidence the Spurs won't make the playoffs...they've only made it every year since like 97 - will they win it all this year? No. But to say they won't make the playoffs and be confident in that statement? That is funny
Farmer1906
AG
Is that the bar? Top 8 in the west.
CreedBratton
Cappo said:

Houston won't win a title for a long time - Russ is not going to make them much better if any better at all

I find it funny people could say with confidence the Spurs won't make the playoffs...they've only made it every year since like 97 - will they win it all this year? No. But to say they won't make the playoffs and be confident in that statement? That is funny

I mean it really isn't that crazy to think about. 2 teams that finished below the Spurs (Clippers and Lakers) vastly improved their roster, while even the Mavs could quietly make some noise with KP and LD. So while I admire your confidence, it's really not that crazy to imagine a playoffs without the Spurs in it next year.
Olsen
AG
Pumpkinhead
AG
Cappo said:

Spurs look like a team whose ceiling is around a 7 or 8-seed. while it wouldn't be surprising if they made the playoffs, it won't be surprising if they miss it either. The last 20 year history was impressive, but the Spurs roster today isn't the roster they had back during that long run.
s13fenton
Another team ahead of the Spurs (Thunder) became significantly worse and are unlikely to make the playoffs. Not to mention Murray will play this season, letting Derozan be more of a pure scorer as opposed to a full time playmaker, it's not unrealistic to think the Spurs will be better this year than last.
ATM9000
AG
Warriors also lost Durant, probably their best 2 players off the bench, Klay Thompson most likely to start the season... in return they got Deangelo Russell.

The Warriors will be significantly worse next season too.
Saint Pablo
High price to pay for a guy who can't shoot.
West Texan
AG
Fun fact: Ben Simmons and West Texan have made the same number of 3s in the NBA.
M.C. Swag
AG
Olsen said:

Woof. Ben Simmons is like tall Shawn Marion.
Cappo
AG
All of y'all trying to say it wouldn't be surprising if they didn't make it is not what I said at all.

To say you're confident they won't, like some posters have said, is crazy because you can't be confident in that with that pedigree. Some teams also got worse in the off season and the Spurs made some okay moves and could have been a 5-8 seed last year I think based on how things fell.

The hope is obviously to win it all, but only a couple of teams in the league have a chance to do that and the Spurs aren't one of those but the Rockets definitely aren't either. I can say that confidently.
Cappo
AG
s13fenton said:

Another team ahead of the Spurs (Thunder) became significantly worse and are unlikely to make the playoffs. Not to mention Murray will play this season, letting Derozan be more of a pure scorer as opposed to a full time playmaker, it's not unrealistic to think the Spurs will be better this year than last.
Lonnie is going to be good I think
Obi Wan Ginobili
Didn't the Rockets give Capela 18mil/year when literally no one else was offering him anything?
M.C. Swag
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

Didn't the Rockets give Capela 18mil/year when literally no one else was offering him anything?
He was a RFA (suppressing his market). Mavs would have tossed an offer sheet if they weren't at risk of being held hostage by Hou deciding to match or not.
Guitarsoup
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

Didn't the Rockets give Chris Paul a 4y/160mm contract when literally no one else in the league was offering him anywhere close to the max?

Didn't the Rockets take on the least efficient scorer in the league for 4y/171mm when literally no one else in the league wanted to touch him?

Didn't the Rockets fail to make the NBA Finals for the last two decades?
Olsen
AG
Olsen
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Didn't sensitive Spurs fans turn an offseason discussion into whining about the Rockets because they know they're not able to compete with them this year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.