LeBron: killer of teams

12,595 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slamn Sharpe
piag94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As great as he is a player, this dude will put you in salary cap hell and make you trade all your young players for guys he and his company want. Then when he leaves the team has nada. Just ask Miami and clev.
1876er
AG
Ask Miami and Cleveland if they'd rather have their trophies or be a 7-8 seed?

I think I know the answer.
piag94
AG
I get it, but damn, the dude will just wipe your team out when he leaves. Does he deliver championships? Yep. But when he leaves, you're screwed for multiple years.
M.C. Swag
AG
OP literally only comes on this board to dump on Lebron.

Your obsession is noted.
DannyDuberstein
AG
it's not like these teams don't know what they are getting into. Sign Lebron and you are turning your organization over to him for a "win now" approach that will last however long his contract does (at least to his first player opt-out/option date). Anyone would realize you are probably going to be decimated when he leaves.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Killer of teams? No. But everything is definitely on fire in Los Angeles.

Harry Dunne
piag94 said:

As great as he is a player, this dude will put you in salary cap hell and make you trade all your young players for guys he and his company want. Then when he leaves the team has nada. Just ask Miami and clev.
Lazy take. He's the greatest of all time, of course your team is going to be wiped when he leaves. The 98-99 Bulls were last place in the entire Eastern Conf. the year after winning 62 games and the title the previous season...followed by 17-65, 15-67...they did not win 50 games again until 2011!

Also in the Cleveland/Miami deal, you can't blame LeBron for the Cavs ineptitude with those draft picks. With those 4 picks they could have had: Draymond Green, Rudy Gobert, (ironically) Isaiah Thomas. and either Pascal Siakam or Malcolm Brogdon.

No team ever nails every draft pick and the above is a best-case scenario, but Cleveland's picks were just about the worst-case scenario. All the above were guys drafted right after Cleveland's picks and think about how different their team would have been if they had drafted even one of those guys?
Harry Dunne
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Killer of teams? No. But everything is definitely on fire in Los Angeles.

Killer of teams, no way...but self-absorbed 6'8" man-child?

Look Out Below
AG
Or Not.
PascalsWager
AG
From the outset I questioned the motivation behind why Lebron would go to the Lakers by himself. Does he actually care about winning championships or he trying to do Hollywood things?

Lebron plus Kyrie and the kids doesn't get to the WCF. Lebron plus Klay and the kids doesn't get to the WCF either. And Durant and Kawhi seems completely disinterested in playing with Lebron.

So what's the point of this whole thing? He's going to overachieve relative the near 0 expectations and retire without any of the blame. Magic and Pelinka can take the blame for "not getting Lebron any help". The Lakers will make the 8 seed and the media will pretend like that's some amazing achievement this season. You throw Kyrie and Klay or some other 3rd tier star into that and you get the 4 or 5 seed (especially as Lebron himself ages) and 2nd round sweep.
Look Out Below
AG
At some point, the kids grow up. They are at least competitive with anyone when completely healthy and not being offered as trade bait. If Magic convinced LeBron to come to L.A., then he can convince others. He & Pelinka have already completely cleaned up Jim Buss's worthless mess of a team in less than two years. Way too early to pass judgment. We will know whether this worked two years from now.
Iowaggie
AG
I'm not convinced the Lakers make the playoffs this year primarily because of LeBron's health but also because the West is significantly stronger than the East.

They have 28 games remaining and need to make up 2.5 games on the Clippers to get the 8 seed (although Clippers got weaker now). And he's doing it with a group of guys that were predicted to be locker room problems during the year, and that has come to fruition. I would rather see LeBron, Lance and JaVale McGee take on the Warriors instead of the Clippers. Actually, I would rather see the Kings play the Warriors instead of the Clippers.

For the Lakers to make up that much ground, they are going to need a heavy rotation of Ken Mauer, Tony Brothers, and Marc Davis working their games.
ATM9000
AG
piag94 said:

I get it, but damn, the dude will just wipe your team out when he leaves. Does he deliver championships? Yep. But when he leaves, you're screwed for multiple years.

If the Texans or Rockets or Aggies were to win a championship but the cost was they'd suck ass for like 5 years afterward, I would make that trade 100 out of 100 times.
piag94
AG
Magic was bout to let that dude rape his team. Thank god (for lakers sake) they won't go through with the trade. Absolutely insane. Bron would retire in three years with nothing but AD and scrubs..
Iowaggie
AG

Iowaggie
AG
Windhorst basically said: Pelicans had no intention to trade to Lakers, but waged info war to kill Lakers chemistry.

I'd have to say "Bravo Pelicans"

Faustus
The Pelican Brief.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I'll say it again. The NBA is the best professional sports league in the world.
piag94
AG
Not a Bron fan at all and I am loving his true colors are playing out!!
PatAg
AG
For the last month all you have done is create threads that range from vaguely racist to needing a white hood icon on place of the blue star.

Also LeBron sucks
piag94
AG
Because he is racist. Look it up. Everyone around him is black and he openly talks sheat bout whites. Now I hope people sees that this cat, from a business perspective, that he blows and only supports blacks.

Prove me wrong. What has he done to "support" white kids??? Other than the "decision".
Kellso
piag94 said:

Because he is racist. Look it up. Everyone around him is black and he openly talks sheat bout whites. Now I hope people sees that this cat, from a business perspective, that he blows and only supports blacks.

Prove me wrong. What has he done to "support" white kids??? Other than the "decision".
Im not sure if you are being serious. If this is satire...well done.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BuaDchtg36y

This guy, man.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Wow Life is GREAT!!!

LMAOOOOO.
Oh Four Five
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I watched a little bit of their game against Milwaukee the other night, LeBron was gassed in the first quarter. And I have no idea what from because he gave zero effort the whole quarter besides a few drive and kicks. His tape this year is basically what you show kids if you want zero hustle or defense
chris1515
AG
Good read here...somewhat relevant.

https://www.truehoop.com/p/anthony-davis-would-be-a-laker-right?utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email&utm_source=facebook
piag94
AG
AD is a great player, but hasn't won as a player and is a poor fit for Lebron. If I were the lakers this off season, I would just keep my young guys, hope to sign a Jimmy Butler type and move on. If they allow Lebron to rape the team for AD, then they will become a very bad team moving forward
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
So the solution is to keep the young guys with LBJ as is (because that's working so well) and to bring on Jimmy Butler? Jimmy Butler who has a spotless reputation for nurturing and taking it easy on young guys? That Jimmy Butler?
PascalsWager
AG
No one (in the national media) is asking about Lebron's motivation for going to the Lakers. Almost everyone thought he'd go there with someone else like PG3 or at least Cousins. It was a bizarre move to go there BEFORE any of these other people signed. Once they all signed elsewhere, people just assumed they'd make moves during the regular season. If you gave the farm away for AD (or anyone else), this is still barely a playoff team.

A 34 year old Lebron James going to the Lakers for a throwaway season should've rung the alarm bells for EVERYONE. One thing we know about Lebron is that he's not an idiot. Why would he think his chances after adding one guy at the Middleton or Klay level is going to change anything next year when he's THIRTY FIVE. The idea that Lebron should just be playing 82 games at 38min/night every year at 35 is a joke. You'll get the 6 seed whoop dee doo!

Remember that he has already declared himself the GOAT based on winning the the title in 2016. He has nothing left to prove. My conclusion is that Lebron doesn't care about winning anymore; that's why he'd sign up for a throwaway season. He wants to make Space Jams and live the LA lifestyle, while still being manipulative enough to make everyone around him believe he cares (because admitting he doesn't care would carry weighty negative public opinion). Now he can blame Magic and Brandon Ingram.

If he actually cared about winning he could've joined at least 6 different other teams where he coud've challenged and done so more in the end of his prime. Instead he manages expectations to the point where getting the 8 seed and first round sweep would make him a hero. Next year if they strike out, not his fault! Even with Klay or whatever 2nd tier star they add, they are MAYBE a 2nd round team; again expectations managed.

Watching the Lakers dumpsterfire is the best part of this season. Can't wait until the Lakers sign Kemba and Cousins to max deals and fight for the 7 seed next year.
Pumpkinhead
AG
1876er said:

Ask Miami and Cleveland if they'd rather have their trophies or be a 7-8 seed?

I think I know the answer.

Fair point, but those teams got a younger LeBron as part of the deal.
rambo_99
Once he left the comfort of a college level eastern conference he knew it was over. Laughable that he thought he could win in the west.

He's only won like 13 series against teams that won 50+ games and half were the against the Toronto crack squad of Lowry and Derozan across separate playoffs.

If he's in the west maybe he makes it to 2 finals in 15+ years. Maybe?
piag94
AG
They lakers are done regardless. Father Time has caught him. The other players on the lakers are young but good. To trade them all would be stupid. Butler is the only player that the lakers can sign. No one else wants to play with Lebron.
Bunk Moreland
piag94 said:

They lakers are done regardless. Father Time has caught him. The other players on the lakers are young but good. To trade them all would be stupid. Butler is the only player that the lakers can sign. No one else wants to play with Lebron.

He's playing 35mpg, averaging 27|8.7|8 while shooting 51% from the field.

Do you know how asinine that statement is?

Lebron's being a little ***** and finding out he isn't getting the same sympathy for playing this stupid role of calling his teammates out in LA as he did in Cleveland. There's a lot he's doing to enable the current dismal performance by the team just like there was a lot he was doing that led them to a 4th in the west spot before his injury.

Once he forced management to throw the entire team under the bus to try and get Davis, the ship on team chemistry sailed. Those young guys aren't just going to all the sudden start sucking up to Bron, and he doesn't know how to deal with it.

And yes, he will get studs to come to LA and they'll be in the playoffs contending next year.
500,000ags
AG
For whatever reason, Magic and Bron Bron used a lot more political capital acquiring Tyson Chandler than they anticipated. By the time the Ariza deal was on the table, Phoenix had to say no, for fear of saying they were getting worked by Magic and LeBron. Then, the AD fiasco was a third over-the-top attempt to jam another trade through.

Magic screwed up by drafting Ball. A better selection there (which would have been better trade fodder) and Davis is likely a Laker right now.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.