*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

718,518 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
3rdGen2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Alright Hickory, spill the beans
Hickory High
AG
Lol PM me if you want to know, I ain't leaving it out there publicly
M.C. Swag
WES2006AG
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Robin Lopez may be a buyout candidate
Dan Scott
AG
Dang I was starting to like James Ennis
k20dub
AG
Hickory High
AG
At the end of the day, we're still contenders, folks. At full strength, we're as good as anyone else out there.

The only thing that can beat us (again, at full strength) is ourselves.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Hickory High said:

At the end of the day, we're still contenders, folks. At full strength, we're as good as anyone else out there.

The only thing that can beat us (again, at full strength) is ourselves.

At full strength we lose in 5-6 to the warriors
Y'all are fooling yourself if y'all think we have a chance past the 2nd round this year.

I wish it wasn't the case but we are a couple pieces short as much as it pains me to say.
Hickory High
AG
We've beaten the Warriors twice already this year....

I'm more scared of other teams in the playoffs than the Warriors. Our team, if anything, is built to play the Warriors.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Hickory High said:

I'm more scared of other teams in the playoffs than the Warriors. Our team, if anything, is built to play the Warriors.

No it's not
It's built to lose to the warriors

Playoff warriors > regular season warriors

If we play them in a series we will lose. And I have $100 on that just for ****s and giggles if you want some action.
Aggie09Derek
AG
We built our team around being able to beat them....not saying it will happen, just thats what we are trying to do (and everyone else).

Also, had CP3 not gotten hurt and/or we just would have had a "bad" night from shooting in game 7, they would have been in the NBA Finals last year.
rvk246
AG
Hickory High said:

Durant will tear our asses apart in the playoffs. His fade-away jumpshot was unguardable last year even with Ariza defending him. Now we don't have a single player big or fast enough to guard him. If Durant wasn't on their team though I think we could win.
Aggie09Derek
AG
People are acting like Ariza this late in his career is LBJ/Pippen/Leonard/Bowen level of D.
Forum Troll
AG
Has this team been full strength at all this year? Defense will likely improve dramatically with Capela back healthy. And James is playing on another level this year. I wouldn't count them out so easily as long as they go into the playoffs with a full roster.
lil99chris
AG
How many points did Ariza score in Game 7?
Hickory High
AG
All I'm saying is I choose to believe that we will return to form, and when we do, we're as good as anyone. With Shumpert, we have our 3 and D guy now. Although he's a bit shorter than what you'd like, he's been known as a solid defender for his whole career.

If we can add one buyout player, it'll make me feel even better about where we are at.
rvk246
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

People are acting like Ariza this late in his career is LBJ/Pippen/Leonard/Bowen level of D.

Forget Ariza. We don't even have a single wing above 6 ft 6 on this roster. If you're telling me that our wings can guard Kevin Durant I don't know what to tell you. Not to mention that if we don't get home court advantage it's not even a lock that we return to the conference finals.
Aggie09Derek
AG
No one is going to shut him down...no one.

Last year he was on fire against us in some games and still almost won. Our D strategy against them last year was ridiculously good and i'm sure this year they will be more prepared for it. We pushed them off the 3 point line and made them uncomfortable.

House if called up and PJ Tucker will both do an okay job on Durant...we will also pick up some other guys that i'm sure will be + defenders like Shump. Gerald will give some good minutes when he's on the court as well. We will be switching everything just like we did last year so it won't be one guys job like you make it seem.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Harden picked 2nd to last of the 10 starters
Hickory High
AG
Lebron's team is like way, WAY better than Giannis's team. Wtf was Giannis thinking?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

We built our team around being able to beat them....not saying it will happen, just thats what we are trying to do (and everyone else).

Also, had CP3 not gotten hurt and/or we just would have had a "bad" night from shooting in game 7, they would have been in the NBA Finals last year.

This years team is not as good as last years team by a wide margin
Hickory High
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Aggie09Derek said:

This year's James Harden almost covers it up, at least offensively. You can say he won't sustain it if you'd like, but I think he will.
Aggie09Derek
AG

Aggie09Derek said:

Think health has a good amount to do with it. Once fully healthy and playing as a group we should be really good.
ATM9000
AG

Aggie09Derek said:

This might sound backwards... but I don't think this team is worse... I think the West became better overall though. But even with that, the only team I'm really worried about in the playoffs still is the Warriors. When the Rockets turn the jets on, I have as much confidence in any of the playoff series this year as I did last.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I'm not saying we are bad, but it seems like we missed our shot last year with the cp3 injury.
shano0603
AG
Where's Hickory at?

What about getting Enes kanter?
ATM9000
AG
Possibly. I think people are really overselling the sun setting narrative though. I think the Warriors are better this season but I also think as long as the Rockets have Harden and Capela in their prime and even old Chris Paul for a couple more years, they will be in the mix in the West.
gordo97
AG
Hickory High said:

Lebron's team is like way, WAY better than Giannis's team. Wtf was Giannis thinking?

Giannis picked every single fellow European player for his team
M.C. Swag
AG
gordo97 said:

Hickory High said:

...you mean only Vuc and Joker? Lebron literally took only FAs.
mAgnoliAg
AG
M.C. Swag said:

gordo97 said:

Hickory High said:

...you mean only Vuc and Joker? Lebron literally took only FAs.

Dirk
M.C. Swag
AG
Lebron picked Wade first. Dirk was the only option.
Harry Dunne
ATM9000 said:

Possibly. I think people are really overselling the sun setting narrative though. I think the Warriors are better this season but I also think as long as the Rockets have Harden and Capela in their prime and even old Chris Paul for a couple more years, they will be in the mix in the West.
I agree, and also doubt Morey is going to crap the bed again like he did this past offseason. I'm hoping for a good buyout pickup and expecting a strong offseason.
canadiaggie
AG
Woj reporting that Wayne Ellington is likely Detroit bound
rvk246
AG
Probably in the minority but I don't want him. Couldn't even get rotation minutes for the trash heat and plays zero defense.
ATM9000
AG
Harry Dunne said:

ATM9000 said:

I agree, and also doubt Morey is going to crap the bed again like he did this past offseason. I'm hoping for a good buyout pickup and expecting a strong offseason.

I dunno.... I think Morey sucking in the off-season is way overplayed too. He was relatively cuffed but when you boil he frog down, his 2 biggest moves were both great ones that will bring tremendous flexibility to the roster for years to come... also why I think the whole his teams sun has set is dumb:

1. He was able to dump the Anderson deal (with Anderson reducing salary to do so) and the Rockets have more or less turned that mulligan into Shumpert who by all accounts is both a great locker room guy and a rly nice swing man who should fit well.

2. Got Capela long term for what already is and should continue to be a bargain of a deal.

That's a very good offseason if you ask me.
First Page Last Page
Page 66 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.