*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

718,534 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Aggie09Derek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
IMO the last one wasn't a foul

2-3 others 100% should have been called though.
k20dub
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

IMO the last one wasn't a foul

2-3 others 100% should have been called though.
This
Farmer1906
AG
Doug Ross said:

Why people hate the way harden plays
Look where Draymond lands. He's jumping towards a shooter. Go straight up and down and you won't get called.
jetescamilla
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Wow. I have never seen this type of support from folks around the league for the Rockets. Gonna be hella interesting to see how they call game 2 after all the **** they are catching.

Disclaimer: lifelong Rockets fan here but fell out of the NBA about 6 years ago.

This year I've watched a lot of games as my 6 year old has taken a love towards basketball. We've watched a lot of college and pro basketball. The style of play has changed dramatically (duh). Were those fouls because the defender has occupied the landing zone? Yes. However, it's hard to tell where the vertical landing zone is because all "shooters" now advance forward to draw contact on every jump shot. Harden and CP3 do this on each of the shots on the last twitter link above. CP3 is even more egregious by pushing his hips towards the defender. Yes, this is an old man rant who grew up with a different NBA but I'm just offering my 2 cents.

In summary: they were fouls, but quit forcing contact and those fouls will be more apparent. Flopping for forcing contact on an actual foul only weakens the argument.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Doug Ross said:

Why people hate the way harden plays
Look where Draymond lands. He's jumping towards a shooter. Go straight up and down and you won't get called.
So basically can't contest shots anymore?

C'mon, if they start calling every single time an offense player decides to change his natural landing motion....basketball won't be the same sport and will just end up giving everyone uncontested shots.

Beat40
Come'on farmer. That's a good contest. If Harden doesn't kick his legs out, they might even both land without touching each other.

My opinion, of course.

The worst part is that this one instance is getting the most attention rather than the 3 others with Klay where he clearly gets into Harden's legs.

That's the real crime of the coverage the day after.
Beat40
We might not also be having the conversation if a little exaggeration isn't there on some of those. I would almost guarantee all 3 of Klay's fouls are called good contests if James doesn't "fall down" on those shots.
Farmer1906
AG
Harden does kick his legs. He doesn't need to do that.

The defender has to allow a the shooter to land. When he was contesting, he jumped forward to where Harden was landing. Harden is jumping forward on a shot. It's no difference if it happens on a drive. Harden goes forward towards the rim and a defenders contests by going forward and drawing contact. If he holds his ground and goes straight then it's a charge or no call.
3rdGen2015
AG

Ags #1
AG
Guess the fellas on the mavs thread got nothing better to do than talk about James flopping
WES2006AG
AG
Ags #1 said:

Guess the fellas on the mavs thread got nothing better to do than talk about James flopping
Surprised they are even watching the playoffs after intentionally tanking this season and then trading for an alleged rapist.

At least they have Luka's stellar second half of the season to hang their hat on.
Doug Ross
AG
NBA says harden no call was correct because of flop
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ags #1
AG
snippets from 2 minute report. Ill just put that ones that affected the rockets

curry should have had 6th foul called on him at 1:10 mark against james
Thompson traveled at 0.:51 mark no call
and curry fouled gordon 6th foul again at 5.6 mark
3rdGen2015
AG
Also important to note that these were the only three calls in the L2M that were ruled incorrect by the league.
WES2006AG
AG
Doug Ross said:

Maybe they are right. Or maybe they want to deflect some attention away from one of the most bizarrely officiated games in recent memory.

Guess we will never know.
lil99chris
AG
Here is the report.....

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0041800221
3rdGen2015
AG
WES2006AG said:

Doug Ross said:

Maybe they are right. Or maybe they want to deflect some attention away from one of the most bizarrely officiated games in recent memory.

I just don't know why THAT play is the one getting all of the attention. That was the most questionable of all of them, and most people have no problem with that no call. But the ones on Klay in the first half are inexcusable no calls.
WES2006AG
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

WES2006AG said:

Doug Ross said:

I just don't know why THAT play is the one getting all of the attention. That was the most questionable of all of them, and most people have no problem with that no call. But the ones on Klay in the first half are inexcusable no calls.
We need a League 48 Minute report. NBA wants transparency after the Donaghy situation then why not release the report for the whole game.

The report clearly exists per that article earlier about the rockets collecting data on how GS is officiated.
cc10106
Wow, those are some egregious no-calls.
tylercsbn9
AG

Quote:

Ref incorrect calls in final 2 minutes of #Rockets -Warriors Game 1:
-Curry should've been called for foul on Harden at 1:10 mark (would've been his 6th foul)
-Thompson traveled at 0:51 mark, wasn't called
-Curry fouled Gordon at 5.6, not called. CP3 gets a T as a result

Quote:

The league concluded that there were 3 incorrect calls in the final 2 minutes of Game 1, all of which went against the #Rockets
And that doesn't even account for the 3 in the first half.
rausr
AG
So what kind of accountability is there going to be for these mistakes?
tylercsbn9
AG
rausr said:

WES2006AG
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

rausr said:

Perfect response
Doug Ross
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TXAG14

Please win game 2.
EagleAg19
CreedBratton
jetescamilla said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Wow. I have never seen this type of support from folks around the league for the Rockets. Gonna be hella interesting to see how they call game 2 after all the **** they are catching.

However, it's hard to tell where the vertical landing zone is because all "shooters" now advance forward to draw contact on every jump shot.
Does Harden exaggerate a bit at times trying to draw a foul? Absolutely.

But you do realize that all great shooters are taught to jump forward when they shoot, right? It's not to try to draw contact, it's just proper form. If a shooter is standing right behind the three point line totally uncontested when he shoots, he will still land inside the arc every single time (if he is shooting properly). That is why, in the past, the league has had rules in place to give the shooter room to land safely, to prevent guys like Bruce Bowen and Zaza Pachulia from being dirty and sticking their foot into their landing space to twist their ankle.
Cynic
Game 2 should sure be fun. Can't wait to see the reactions to everyone the first three we take and a collision happens.

WES2006AG
AG
I know we have talked a lot about the jazz having the worst fans in the NBA but I think we may not be giving GS fans enough credit for how terrible they are.

Even Alabama football fans think GS fan is a bandwagon entitled POS.
Beat40
Doug Ross said:

How are you not understanding the two you keep showing are not the 3 we keep referencing? Most here even agree those two are not fouls. It's the other three you are refusing to show because you know we are right.
rvk246
AG
WES2006AG said:

I know we have talked a lot about the jazz having the worst fans in the NBA but I think we may not be giving GS fans enough credit for how terrible they are.

Even Alabama football fans think GS fan is a bandwagon entitled POS.

NBA bandwagon fans are a different kind of trash compared to any other sport.
jetescamilla
AG
I understand that correct shooting form requires forward advancement. But you can't tell me that shooting the ball requires legs to be thrust forward at such an awkward angle you are forced to fall backwards when you land (as made famous by Reggie Miller).

I wanted nothing other than a call for Harden, as a Rockets fan I was screaming at the TV for the ref to blow the whistle. Unfortunately, the very forced contact and flop with hands in the air don't do any favors to yourself. I have the same conversation with my 5 year old daughter about crying wolf and not getting attention when she's really hurt.
AggieDub25
I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but here's my problem with what happened. Harden and most everyone has gotten that call all year long. Everyone at this point knows how Harden plays. If how he plays is such a problem in the NBA world, why did they reward him with an MVP last year and a top 2 finish, at least, this year?

Lastly, if the Warriors are going to be able to give Rockets shooters high 5s on 3 point attempts, this is over in 5, if not a sweep. Forget jumping into the landing area. They were literally slapping hands mid follow through.
jetescamilla
AG
While I do agree with you, that photo is pretty damning. It's ridiculous that those kind of flops happen and are "acceptable". That still image is embarrassing. Read my above reply about crying wolf.

While watching the last Harden shot with my 6 year old son I explained to him that he was trying to draw the foul and the ref didn't call it. He responded to me, "well why didn't he just try to shoot the ball instead of looking so funny in the air?". Excellent point from my son if I do say so myself. Harden chose to gamble and hope the ref made the call, instead he could have decided to make a higher percentage shot by going up naturally and finishing instead of contorting. How much percentage difference...I don't know, off balance and blind folded the guy is better than me.
Farmer1906
AG
CajunAg97 said:

Keep *****ing about officiating, the Warriors will keep winning as always...
Are you talking about the Rockets or Warriors because I'm pretty sure the Warriors ***** more than anyone.
First Page Last Page
Page 143 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.