*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

725,943 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
3rdGen2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Video for reference so we don't make full conclusions based on a still frame. I think this was a foul on Livingston. Got CP3 on the arm and invaded the landing space.

Does CP3 look ridiculous? Yes. Does that mean it should have been a no call? Not in my opinion.

Gigemags382
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

Video for reference so we don't make full conclusions based on a still frame. I think this was a foul on Livingston. Got CP3 on the arm and invaded the landing space.

Does CP3 look ridiculous? Yes. Does that mean it should have been a no call? Not in my opinion.

Yup. To say this isn't a foul under NBA rules is willful ignorance. CP3 lands on Livinsgston's foot with a normal shooting motion.
CFTXAG10
AG
and nobody is talking about the most egregious missed call when Durant got CP3 on the hand/wrist and it was clear as day. Had nothing to do with landing space.

We can't whistle chase in game 2 though. Need to come out and fix the mistakes we made in game 1. Play hard. Steal home court.
mAgnoliAg
AG
CajunAg97 said:

Keep *****ing about officiating, the Warriors will keep winning as always...

Not sure if you noticed or not but this is the rockets season thread not the rockets warriors series thread. Go start your own little warriors thread so you can jerk off to Steph chewing on his mouth guard.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Jimmy butler just flailed his arms on a ridiculous looking flop. Burn him at the stake
mAgnoliAg
AG
Wow but on a serious note jimmy butler is getting foul calls on basically no contact. Where were these refs for us? He's got the KD vibe going for him I guess
Doug Ross
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

Wow but on a serious note jimmy butler is getting foul calls on basically no contact. Where were these refs for us? He's got the KD vibe going for him I guess

Not sure if you noticed or not but this is the Rockets season thread, not the sixers raptor thread
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AG@RICE
AG
Everyone is playing up the flopping angle, but Im glad the guys are falling on those plays. CP3 and Harden are actually less likely to get Pachuliaed if they don't land on stiff legs.
drwong
AG
Scott foster one of the refs tonight. Guess that'll teach harden and Paul to complain.

k20dub
AG
Holy ****, this will be a really interesting game. The Rockets really need to focus on just playing ball.
CFTXAG10
AG
I would guarantee 100% this is not just luck of the draw. There was a ton of talk about the officials after game 1 and if you listened to radio or tv broadcasts yesterday it was a hot topic of discussion. Hell, there was even a play in the Toronto-Philly game where Danny Green got hit with a foul for being in the landing space and it turned into a discussion about our game 1.

The NBA knows exactly what they are doing. It will get even more attention on this game.
Frok
AG
Pretty dumb move by the NBA to put Scott Foster in there.

TREX01
I'm so tired of all the complaining about everything. Suit up and play ball. This Rockets team could be so much fun if they didn't sound like a small town beauty shop.
TexAgs1992
TREX01 said:

I'm so tired of all the complaining about everything. Suit up and play ball. This Rockets team could be so much fun if they didn't sound like a small town beauty shop.

I'm tired of the NBA giving the Warriors every ****ing advantage possible with officiating crews. Once they do that, we will quit complaining.
bearkatag15
AG

Wow not a great record with Scott Foster
CFTXAG10
AG
And it honestly may not be such a bad thing. You know you won't get anywhere with Foster, so why even argue? Just come out and play tough and do what is necessary to steal home court.
Hi, Im Brett
AG
k20dub said:

Holy ****, this will be a really interesting game. The Rockets really need to focus on just playing ball.

It's so frustrating. I don't see how it's not in their heads at this point.

Just like game 7 last year...Rockets had momentum and comfortable lead and then bad/missed calls kept coming in 3rd quarter, including the fouls on Harden 3 attempts. Played a huge role in giving Warriors momentum with NBA finals on the line. Rockets start to feel the pressure and miss a ton of 3s. Complete BS, momentum is huge in this sport.

Each one of those that doesn't get called on Harden in game 7/1 is a potential 5/6 point swing in a game, and that's not including the momentum shift. Lost both games by single digits.
Frok
AG
I think the 27 straight missed threes were a much bigger factor.
3rdGen2015
AG
I didn't want to believe that the league was rigged, but maybe it is.
Hi, Im Brett
AG
Frok said:

what's worse....the 27 missed 3s or your reading comprehension?
WES2006AG
AG
Frok said:

How about the 3 that James made during that steak of 0/27 that was called off. If you can't see the obvious officiating bias in last years game 7 you have no idea what you are looking at.

Are you a Spurs fan?
CFTXAG10
AG

Frok
AG
WES2006AG said:

Frok said:

How about the 3 that James made during that steak of 0/27 that was called off. If you can't see the obvious officiating bias in last years game 7 you have no idea what you are looking at.

Are you a Spurs fan?

I just think people should man-up and stop blaming the refs for every single loss. It's not a good look.

I'm not saying the officiating hasn't been bad, it's always bad. It will be bad again tonight especially since Foster will be out there.

But I don't think the league is purposely screwing the Rockets.
CFTXAG10
AG
Frok said:

You really don't remember the game then. I know certainly that there was at least 1 (if not 2) 3's that Harden made where they called a foul on the floor even though he was clearly in shooting motion. Not sure if it would have impacted the game, but mentally that's huge just to see the ball go in. The 27 missed straight was self-inflicted but was also greatly impacted by some just god awful calls.
Hi, Im Brett
AG
Frok said:

I just think people should man-up and stop blaming the refs for every single loss. It's not a good look.

3rdGen2015
AG
Frok said:

WES2006AG said:

Frok said:

Are you a Spurs fan?

I'm not saying the officiating hasn't been bad, it's always bad. It will be bad again tonight especially since Foster will be out there.

But I don't think the league is purposely screwing the Rockets.
The Rockets have a documented beef with Scott Foster. I think the league assigning him to ANY of our games is purposely screwing the Rockets. This isn't the Finals, there are three other series he can officiate. There is no good reason for him to be officiating our games, especially this series.
CFTXAG10
AG
I am not sure why the league cannot retain the right to switch officials even if it is pre-set before the series. Hell, they could even put in the alternate and have Foster there as a last resort. Again, by now our players know who has been assigned to this game. Just going to have to nut up.
Beat40
TREX01 said:

One thing you can count on from a Harden led team is the inability to nut up when faced with adversity. I'm betting on another 7-31 type performance.
Can we look forward to you not watching tonight and commenting then?
CFTXAG10
AG
TREX01 said:

One thing you can count on from a Harden led team is the inability to nut up when faced with adversity. I'm betting on another 7-31 type performance.
I think the additions of CP3/Tucker have changed that mentality a little bit
WES2006AG
AG
TREX01 said:

Never seen you on this thread and you show up just to bash James. There are several Harden bashing threads on the front page you could have posted this on.

Take your negativity and GTFO.
rausr
AG
Well we certainly could use a big game from Clint tonight.
lil99chris
AG
WES2006AG
AG
TREX01 said:

This is a Rockets season thread. Sorry I hurt your fan boy feelings. Proof is in the pudding, when faced with adversity and series on the line his numbers tank considerably. Then comes the finger pointing and if bad enough just a shut down like he did vs the Spurs. Wash, rinse, repeat. Nothing changes. Hes a great regular season player but sooner or later you have to actually try and score the basketball in the playoffs as opposed to hoping you get bailed out by the refs.
https://texags.com/forums/52/topics/2684221

Seriously, GTFO.
TREX01
k20dub
AG
TREX01 said:

This is a Rockets season thread. Sorry I hurt your fan boy feelings. Proof is in the pudding, when faced with adversity and series on the line his numbers tank considerably. Then comes the finger pointing and if bad enough just a shut down like he did vs the Spurs. Wash, rinse, repeat. Nothing changes. Hes a great regular season player but sooner or later you have to actually try and score the basketball in the playoffs as opposed to hoping you get bailed out by the refs.
You literally haven't posted in this thread once this year. So you decide to come and chime in taking a **** on Harden. Like it or not, Harden will be on this Rockets team for the next 10 years. You may say we are sticking our head in the sand, but what else are we supposed to do? Admit you're right and just concede the next 10 years until Harden retires? Kindly, GTFO.

First Page Last Page
Page 144 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.