*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

710,142 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Doug Ross
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Houston is sadly screwed
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mr.Bond
AG
Hopefully no repercussions for CP3 brushing the ref at the end of the game
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

JohnnyTexAg1995
If they try I'm gunna make the video of Durant literally two hand pushing the ref go viral!
WES2006AG
AG
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2833682-report-rockets-building-data-driven-case-warriors-receive-favorable-ref-calls
Frok
AG
Stop complaining about the refs and make your freaking threes.
WES2006AG
AG
Frok said:

That is some really deep insight there. Have you considered coaching in the NBA? They are constantly looking for new angles like this to gain an advantage.
Frok
AG
I think concerning yourselves about your own game rather than analyzing an NBA conspiracy against the Rockets would be a much better approach.

The Rockets can do all they want about concocting a conspiracy but it seems to me that NBA officials are generally not consistent and often favor the home team.

Ags #1
AG
They did!!! Their game is to draw fouls on 3's which has been called all year long and all of a sudden it's not a fouls????
Beat40
Frok said:

How can you say this with a straight face when we potentially missed out on 8-10 additonal points as a result of poor officiating on he contested 3 point shots they're trying to make? With James shooting the FTs, those 10 points would have been huge, would they not?
Hickory High
AG
Harden needs to take his game to another level. KD is doing it, and Harden is going to have to do it, too.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Maybe we should do the same thing to their two three point shooters with busted ankles

I would have conceded game one early to take one or both out for game 2-3
rvk246
AG
Frok said:

They committed the exact same fouls that Zaza did to Kawhi Leonard two years ago three separate times yesterday to Harden and the refs didn't blow their whistles once. And it's pretty difficult to make your threes when you aren't allowed to shoot without getting hammered.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
rvk246 said:

Frok said:

They committed the exact same fouls that Zaza did to Kawhi Leonard two years ago three separate times yesterday to Harden and the refs didn't blow their whistles once. And it's pretty difficult to make your threes when you aren't allowed to shoot without getting hammered.
Hell, one of the fouls they called in the second quarter was 2-3 seconds after the high five sound of a GS guy slapping Harden's wrist mid shot.
WES2006AG
AG
Beat40
Hickory High said:

Harden needs to take his game to another level. KD is doing it, and Harden is going to have to do it, too.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. However, he had 35, 6 assists and 3 steals. I would argue he should have had more assists if his shooters would have made shots.

KD ended 35 and ended up worse in every other number stat category aside from rebounds from James.

You could even argue KD raised his level of play up to James' everyday level.

My question to you is what do you think Harden has to do to take his game up to he next level?
Texaggie7nine
9:30 game time tomorrow. woohoo
7nine
Beat40
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Maybe we should do the same thing to their two three point shooters with busted ankles

I would have conceded game one early to take one or both out for game 2-3

The thing that makes the Warriors unbearable is if you do that to them, they'll get up looking for a fight because "how dare you".
Petrino1
Beat40 said:

Hickory High said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you. However, he had 35, 6 assists and 3 steals. I would argue he should have had more assists if his shooters would have made shots.

KD ended 35 and ended up worse in every other number stat category aside from rebounds from James.

My question to you is what do you think Harden has to do to take his game up to he next level?

Harden shot 32% FG and 25% from 3pt yesterday. He also missed the last shot to potentially tie the game and stepped out of bounds on another crucial play. He may have scored 35 points but that doesn't mean he had a great, efficient game like he usually does. Also, his lack of making clutch shots in playoff games is becoming a common theme, and he did nothing to change that story-line yesterday.
rvk246
AG
ea1060 said:

Beat40 said:

Hickory High said:

Harden shot 32% FG and 25% from 3pt yesterday. He also missed the last shot to potentially tie the game and stepped out of bounds on another crucial play. He may have scored 35 points but that doesn't mean he had a great, efficient game like he usually does. Also, his lack of making clutch shots in playoff games is becoming a common theme, and he did nothing to change that story-line yesterday.

KD had 35 points on 25 shots
Harden had 35 points on 28 shots

Instead of looking at shooting percentage if you look at points per shot they were similar in efficiency. I have no issue with Harden shooting subpar from the field in a tight defensive game if he's ending up with more points than shot attempts. Even in his 3-20 game he had 22 points.
AG@RICE
AG
Need to start Shumpert, give him some size 35 air jordans, and ask him to plant them directly under Klay and Steph as they shoot. He might foul out in 5 mins, but we would win the series.
Petrino1
rvk246 said:

ea1060 said:

Beat40 said:

Hickory High said:

Instead of looking at shooting percentage if you look at points per shot they were similar in efficiency. I have no issue with Harden shooting subpar from the field in a tight defensive game if he's ending up with more points than shot attempts. Even in his 3-20 game he had 22 points.
Its not a fair comparison to compare Harden versus Durant. Durant is one of many superstars on his team, if he has a bad game then the other players pick up the slack and can go off. Harden is THE guy on his team, if he has a bad shooting night/game then the team loses essentially.
AG@RICE
AG
Honestly, Im still pissed at the refs, but I'm actually more pissed at Clint Capella. He played so soft and showed little ability to catch the ball in traffic. We will get swept if he doesn't put his big boy pants on.
Diggity
AG
Let's be fair. He was fouled on that last shot and it's debatable whether he stepped out or not.

He definitely wasn't perfect but it don't think those are the best examples.
Beat40
Some of what you just said about KD having other guys to pick him up if he's having a bad night versus Harden also is part of my point.

We ask him to step up to another level when he's stepped up another level each year. He as stepped up a couple of levels this year and carried this team on his back the entire season.

So we get to a game like yesterday where he isn't shooting very efficiently or misses a "clutch" shot and we're going to say he isn't raising his level of play or is disappearing in the playoffs. I just don't buy it. He can only do so much.

He had 6 assists? How many misses did his shooters have on those passes where Harden drew everyone in because defenses are so worried about the floater he developed versus the lob to Clint?

KD can practically stroll through every game playing 1v1 because you have to have someone on Klay and Curry all game long.

So, for me, as far as where I think Harden can raise his game in the playoffs is the final 5 minutes of the game. Continue to trust your teammates and make the right play. Don't force up a bad shot. It does seem like sometimes in the final 5 minutes of a playoff basketball game that Harden doesn't protect the ball as well either, so be more court aware and don't take the super risky pass. I think he tries to "take over" the last 5 minutes like the stars should, but instead of staying within his game at that point, he gets a little bit outside of his game which results in all of the above.
AggieZoom
AG
rvk246 said:

Don't forget Harden was 13/14 from the free throw line and KD was 12/15.
The issue is, KD doesn't have to play this way all the time, he can score an easy 26 PPG on 10-15 shot attempts since Curry and Klay can heat up at in any given game.
Thing is with Harden's inefficient scoring (in general), he has to rely on the fouls/free throws he gets from a lot of small bump fouls that he exaggerates on. Keep crying wolf and sooner or later the refs won't believe you. CP3 is the worst at all this too...
Beat40
AggieZoom said:

rvk246 said:

Don't forget Harden was 13/14 from the free throw line and KD was 12/15.
The issue is, KD doesn't have to play this way all the time, he can score an easy 26 PPG on 10-15 shot attempts since Curry and Klay can heat up at in any given game.
Thing is with Harden's inefficient scoring (in general), he has to rely on the fouls/free throws he gets from a lot of small bump fouls that he exaggerates on. Keep crying wolf and sooner or later the refs won't believe you. CP3 is the worst at all this too...
I think this is a bad take for this year.

This year James implemented the step back three and floater into his game. The step back three in response to the rip thru rule change that was made because of Harden.

The two things implemented are for him to specifically be able to score without having to depend on foul shots.

Let me ask you this without thinking of Harden at all. In general, why should fouls in playoff games versus regular season games be called differently?

You say keep crying wolf and the refs won't believe you - that had NOTHING to do on the 3pt fouls. Maybe one or two of the 5 instance was questionable, but there were 3 that should have been clearly fouls. If the refs believe Harden is crying wolf in those instances, then they don't need to be referring a NBA playoff game.
AggieZoom
AG
Beat40 said:

This year James implemented the step back three and floater into his game. The step back three in response to the rip thru rule change that was made because of Harden.

The two things implemented are for him to specifically be able to score without having to depend on foul shots.

Let me ask you this without thinking of Harden at all. In general, why should fouls in playoff games versus regular season games be called differently?

You say keep crying wolf and the refs won't believe you - that had NOTHING to do on the 3pt fouls. Maybe one or two of the 5 instance was questionable, but there were 3 that should have been clearly fouls. If the refs believe Harden is crying wolf in those instances, then they don't need to be referring a NBA playoff game.
rip through is a valid point, but all the unnecessary feet flailing when he shoots? Granted he still makes some of them while he does his antics but it get annoying imo. I mean I am going for them believe it or not but the fact that he called out the refs when he literally get every call whenever he wants.

the implementation of him scoring without foul shots, look at all those 50 & 60 pt games, and look at how many of those points came from the free throw line.

yes they should change. obviously not with a big difference but if you cant get in someones personal space on defense then you might as well have chairs out there to play defense and the nba players will only play offense bc it is getting to the point where you can't do much on defense anymore. As soon as you look at a offensive player wrong, its a foul. the flip side to that is players would overdo it. They will intentional do hard fouls because they can get away with it... those are the kind of players that can't play defense to begin with (played against those before). so its give and take but they should definitely have lighter officiating in the playoffs, ESPECIALLY with emotions. CP3s buck in front of the ref warranted a 2nd tech but the first one should not have been called.

prime example, the CP3 got his first tech on, he clearly extended his hip OUT to try to draw the foul, yeah there was contact but bc CP3 went into the path of the defended who, if CP3 would have gone straight up and down like a normal shooter, would have flown past his right. im not saying refs are perfect bc they do suck most of the times, but tell me this, could you do better?
matthop
AG
Officiate the playoffs like the regular season or officiate the regular season like the playoffs. Keep it consistent throughout the entire season. Then there will be no surprises.
Ags #1
AG
On the CP3 shot he was hit on the hand/wrist first. Who care where his hip went. Thats a foul
dshedd41
S
Yep.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2833682-report-rockets-building-data-driven-case-warriors-receive-favorable-ref-calls
Gig’em Aggies!
WES2006AG
AG
AggieZoom said:

Beat40 said:

rip through is a valid point, but all the unnecessary feet flailing when he shoots? Granted he still makes some of them while he does his antics but it get annoying imo. I mean I am going for them believe it or not but the fact that he called out the refs when he literally get every call whenever he wants.

the implementation of him scoring without foul shots, look at all those 50 & 60 pt games, and look at how many of those points came from the free throw line.

yes they should change. obviously not with a big difference but if you cant get in someones personal space on defense then you might as well have chairs out there to play defense and the nba players will only play offense bc it is getting to the point where you can't do much on defense anymore. As soon as you look at a offensive player wrong, its a foul. the flip side to that is players would overdo it. They will intentional do hard fouls because they can get away with it... those are the kind of players that can't play defense to begin with (played against those before). so its give and take but they should definitely have lighter officiating in the playoffs, ESPECIALLY with emotions. CP3s buck in front of the ref warranted a 2nd tech but the first one should not have been called.

prime example, the CP3 got his first tech on, he clearly extended his hip OUT to try to draw the foul, yeah there was contact but bc CP3 went into the path of the defended who, if CP3 would have gone straight up and down like a normal shooter, would have flown past his right. im not saying refs are perfect bc they do suck most of the times, but tell me this, could you do better?
Doug Ross
AG

Why people hate the way harden plays
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Beat40
Here is where I agree with you:
1) a big part of Harden's game is getting to the free throw line.
2) Both Harden and Paul do exaggerate contact

I disagree with the notion that what is a foul in the regular season should change in the playoffs. I don't care either way, honestly, if the game is called more or less physically, just call it the same way from the first tip of the season until the clock reads 0.00 in the last game.

Here's my overall point when it comes to Harden and part of his game coming from the free throw line and how it connects to the above. He gets to the line in the regular season because they call it that way - those misses on drives to the basket where his is fouled turn into FT attempts rather than just being a missed shots. Most of them are legitimate fouls. When the way fouls are called differs from the regular season, those missed shots are just missed shots when they weren't in the regular season. Is that not somewhat important? This is why he implemented the floater and step back 3. It juts sucks when he's not hitting either of those like yesterday.

The referees know what a foul is and isn't. It's tough in real time to make all the correct calls. However, when they admit they missed 3 of the same call already, and then still don't call it later in the game, that's bad officiating. They basically said they are't going to call something a foul that has been called a foul all year. To me, that's an issue.

All of that said, for James to be efficient, he either needs his floater or step back 3 working. If they both are off, it's going to be a long night for him.
Beat40
Doug Ross said:

Why people hate the way harden plays
This is such a stupid argument. Steph and plenty of others do the same thing.

I agree with most that I'd personally like for this not to be a foul. However, you cannot look at the other 3 instances and say those weren't fouls.

Also, why do people always pick the one or two instances out of 100 plays in the game to say that's why they hate the way someone plays. Just makes the argument look even more ridiculous.
First Page Last Page
Page 142 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.