**** Spurs vs Rockets - Round 2 **** [Staff Reply on OP]

86,874 Views | 936 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by yawny06
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Everbody in here. This is gonna be fun!

Game 1 - Mon. May 1 - @ SA, 8:30 p.m. TNT
Game 2 - Wed. May 3 - @ SA, 8:30 p.m., TNT
Game 3 - Fri. May 5 - @ Houston, 8:30 p.m., ESPN
Game 4 - Sun. May 7 - @ Houston, 8 p.m., TNT
Game 5 - Tue. May 9 - @ SA, 7 p.m., TNT
Game 6 - Thu. May 11 - @ Houston, 7 p.m., ESPN
Game 7 - Sun. May 14 - @ SA, 2:30 p.m., ABC

Staff: Can we consider this a neutral thread? ****-talking is allowed and encouraged in here.

[Keep it clean and no personal attacks against specific posters. -Staff]
tbirdspur2010
AG
GO SPURS GO
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
First 3 games are all 8:30 tip offs, that's lame.
Sports-Ag
AG
Damn these 8:30 games!
2008and1
AG
This thread is going to be an asswhip come Monday.
Bonfired
AG
22 years since the last playoff meeting...sure as **** won't be dull around here.
Bonfired
AG
Wrong emoticon above.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I'm looking forward to this series. It's gonna be a fun one. However, I'm not looking forward to the amount of times it's going to be referred to as a 'Texas Two-Step'.
TyHolden
AG
Bonfired said:

22 years since the last playoff meeting...sure as **** won't be dull around here.
really? That can't be right.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Rockets are the only Western Conference team Tim Duncan never eliminated in the playoffs. (Because they were never in the playoffs long enough, if at all.)

Shame he didn't stick around one more season.
WES2006AG
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Rockets are the only Western Conference team Tim Duncan never eliminated in the playoffs. (Because they were never in the playoffs long enough, if at all.)

I would imagine Timmy didn't want any after he saw what The Dream did to The Admiral in 1995.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh right, that thing that happened 20+ years ago.

This year will be a nice echo of that event. Except it'll be Harden getting embarrassed by Kawhi.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I have a feeling we are going to see the replay of the baseline Dream-shake against Robinson often in the next couple of weeks.
Enzo The Baker
AG
But hopefully it will be overshadowed by this.

CreedBratton
Brian Earl Spilner said:

If only y'all didn't choke in round 1 against the Clips in 15. We would have had so much more fun beating y'all in round 2 instead of the Floppers
ZEEB
AG
CreedBratton said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

If only y'all didn't choke in round 1 against the Clips in 15. We would have had so much more fun beating y'all in round 2 instead of the Floppers
oh boy this is going to be a great thread. keep calm and go spurs go
Gregg Papivich
Can't wait for Papi Spurs to put little hermana houston in her place after all the chest beating they've been doing from beating a 1 man team
TajMaballer
AG
CreedBratton said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ahh the grand ole tradition of ****ting on the Clips! One of my favorite pastimes. Let us all join hands and rejoice that they will not make it to Round 3 anytime soon.
saltydog13
AG
This thread is gonna be good. Spurs in 6
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
**** the Clippers.
cr0wbar
AG
Waiting for 3 PM to get my Rockets tickets.
Phil Rirruto
Anyone else feel like this thread will be the impetus for the tragic downfall of Texags.com?

PG1, getcha popcorn ready
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Spurs in 7. Being conservative with my pick.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Sher Thing
AG
Not sure who's going to take this series. Should be very interesting. Going to be a grueling series for both teams though while Golden State coasts to the WCF.
CFTXAG10
AG
Sher Thing said:

Not sure who's going to take this series. Should be very interesting. Going to be a grueling series for both teams though while Golden State coasts to the WCF.
Hate both teams, but I hope the Jazz beat the Clippers. I think they can at least steal a game or two from the Warriors.
CreedBratton
Brian Earl Spilner said:

**** the Clippers.
Mike Elko
AG
Spurs in six. Definitely glad we have home court, though.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Rockets in 6
Guitarsoup
AG
CreedBratton said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

If only the Rockets had won more than four playoff series in the last 20 years.

Spurs won over 30 playoff series in that same time frame.
Guitarsoup
AG
TajMaballer said:

CreedBratton said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ahh the grand ole tradition of ****ting on the Clips! One of my favorite pastimes. Let us all join hands and rejoice that they will not make it to Round 3 anytime soon.
Dating back to the 1971 season when they were the Buffalo Braves, the Clippers franchise has never made it to the third round.
tbirdspur2010
AG
CreedBratton said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

We just wanted to get back at y'all for doing the same thing the previous year against Portland.
bullard21k
AG
If the rockets can't start hitting outside shots this will be over in 5.

I don't see us winning the series but I think if Anderson and Gordon can start hitting open looks harden gives them, I think we can push it to 6 possibly 7.

I also think second chance shots are going to ultimately decide this series for San Antonio...Leonard and alridge we don't have answers for.

Should be fun and expect most games to be close but spurs are going to be a bit too much for the rockets
mAgnoliAg
AG
bullard21k said:

I don't see us winning the series but I think if Anderson and Howard can start hitting open looks harden gives them, I think we can push it to 6 possibly 7.

I also think second chance shots are going to ultimately decide this series for San Antonio...Leonard and alridge we don't have answers for.

Should be fun and expect most games to be close but spurs are going to be a bit too much for the rockets

Well I don't care what you say because your reasoning has to do with some guy named Howard that isn't on our team
CreedBratton
mAgnoliAg said:

bullard21k said:

I don't see us winning the series but I think if Anderson and Howard can start hitting open looks harden gives them, I think we can push it to 6 possibly 7.

Well I don't care what you say because your reasoning has to do with some guy named Howard that isn't on our team
lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.