**** Spurs vs Rockets - Round 2 **** [Staff Reply on OP]

86,725 Views | 936 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by yawny06
Cappo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GET
Cappo
AG
YOUR ASS
Cappo
AG
BEAT, HOUSTON
TexagChris17
AG
Have fun being swept
Cappo
AG
TexagChris17 said:

Have fun being swept
This is the Rockets shtick now?

LOL
Guitarsoup
AG
The Rockets have won 4 playoff series in the last 20 years.

The Spurs have won 7 playoff series in the last 4 years including completely dismantling the Heatles and breaking them up.

Know what it feels like to watch that? Oh, no. Because the Rockets haven't done that in your lifetime, class of 17.
TexagChris17
AG
Cool story
Guitarsoup
AG
TexagChris17
Guitarsoup
AG
TexagChris17
AG
I saw some pretty funny memes but I don't know how to post pictures.
Guitarsoup
AG
DBill
AG
No Tony Parker, No Kawhi and we still win by 39. Go Spurs Go!

Rocket fans suck.
Guitarsoup
AG
Cappo
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Never understood why he is viewed as a great coach. He and his teams are always exposed
Gigem Trevas
demack06 said:

Guitarsoup said:

Never understood why he is viewed as a great coach. He and his teams are always exposed

MVP Steve Nash and prime amare and they couldn't even sniff an NBA Finals.
Guitarsoup
AG
Playoff record of 32-39.

Here's my favorite MDA stat:

In his seven playoff appearances as a coach, he's been knocked out by Pop five times.
GatorAg03
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Playoff record of 32-39.

Here's my favorite MDA stat:

In his seven playoff appearances as a coach, he's been knocked out by Pop five times.

Ouch. Makes you almost feel bad for the guy......or not.
Guitarsoup
AG
One of the two series that he lost to a team other than the Spurs was a first round sweep by Boston. Pop never had the opportunity
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Stolen from Reddit:

Quote:

May 11th, 2017

Dear Diary:

Today I lost to Gregg Popovich again. I hate his face. I see it everywhere. Before the game I swear he pointed to the scoresheet and it said "Rockets: DNP - D'Antoni". But when I looked again, there was nothing there... the same thing happened with James Harden all night.

At halftime I was trying to think of what to say, and Pop was sitting in the locker room making fun of my mustache. He was wearing only a towel, like he was in a sauna. He kept saying, "Are you a man or a potato chip?"

During a timeout I turned to Trevor and I saw Pop. He started lecturing me about peace in the Middle East. I said, "I don't know anything about the Gaza strip." Then Trevor started shaking me and said, "What should we do on this next trip?" I shouted, "We're not settling for a two-state solution! Just put the ball in the Netanyahu!"

I came home and Laurel was suddenly a 68-year-old bearded man. She said, "I'm going to use you up like a bar of soap until there's nothing left."
I don't know what to do.

M.D.
TheDino
AG
SPURS.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
03_Aggie
Guitarsoup said:

The Spurs have won 7 playoff series in the last 4 years including completely dismantling the Heatles and breaking them up.

Know what it feels like to watch that? Oh, no. Because the Rockets haven't done that in your lifetime, class of 17.

A lot of **** talking from someone whose home team is the pelicans and who probably has over 100 posts on the official rockets thread.
Guitarsoup
AG
03_Aggie said:

Guitarsoup said:

A lot of **** talking from someone whose home team is the pelicans and who probably has over 100 posts on the official rockets thread.
There was no NBA team in New Orleans in any year I lived there. However, the Spurs were in San Antonio all 13 years I lived there. Obsession fail.
03_Aggie
Looks like you just try to fit in with what you perceive to be the better place at a given time.

It's not obsession to call a spade a spade.

Guitarsoup said:

Most be really subtle since I don't say anything negative about the Rockets in this thread. I cheer for the Astros, Texans and Dynamo, too. Had season tickets to the
Stros when I was single and lived at the Rice.

When the Rockets close out the Spurs, I'll be cheering them in to sweep the Warriors. Nene-Draymond will be an epic matchup.
Guitarsoup
AG
No, you are trying to trash talk and you are failing like James Harden in an elimination game.

Grow up cheering for a team and keep cheering for them as an adult.

Make a home in a different city and cheer for the local teams when they don't involve the team you have cheered for your entire life.

These aren't terribly difficult concepts to understand for an adult nor or they at all unique. Similar to Bill Simmons moving to LA and cheering for the Clippers.
rms007
AG
Damn Soup, dont kill the poor rockets fans! they fragile enough, just ask James Harden's psychiatrist..
yawny06
AG
Quote:

Know what it feels like to watch that?
Why yes I do...

I was there...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.