***** USA vs Uruguay Official Thread *****

29,675 Views | 788 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by fig96
gambochaman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
#fireberhalter
zgolfz85
AG
The panel is going in raw on Gregg at least.
PatAg
AG
HowdyTexasAggies said:

PatAg said:

and now we have to deal with all the trolls and casuals talking about how we suck at soccer as a country and all sorts of nonsense.
Just need them to all go for BerhalterOut instead

Dude, the entire tv crew just said it, it's not trolling
I dont mean this thread, talking about talking heads on tv and twitter.
FIDO95
AG
Best summary of the game from the post game, "I spent more time watching the Bolivia game because I knew the US team didn't have it"
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
oh no
AG
0-1 loss to Uruguay is about what you'd expect.

The Panama loss was inexcusable and Weah's actions and attitude are a reflection of the discipline and effort instilled by Gregg.

Time to try something else
Ag Since 83
AG
I will say this: it is ****ing annoying to see Alexi "well I would have never brought him back for soccer reasons but screw cancel culture REHIRE GREGG" Lalas questioning Gregg's job. Thanks for encouraging US Soccer to waste 18 months, Alexi
wangus12
AG
Should have given the keys to Jesse Marsch last year when he was available and wanted the job. Instead we burned that bridge and Canada made it through a tougher group.
Aggie95
AG
The bottom line is we need more skill players but we won't get any between now and 2026 world cup
PatAg
AG
just like panama, a game of what if.
what if the ref isnt godawful in both games, what if weah doesnt take that inexplicable red

You dont fire Gregg on this tourney alone, its just one piece in a larger puzzle.
He doesnt have what it takes. We just squandered our last real chance to test our player pool, now even if we do fire him and bring someone in they are going to have a tough job ahead of them to figure it out.
We basically just play in the Gold Cup before the World CUp right? and some random friendlies
tysker
AG
PatAg said:

AgGrad99 said:

PatAg said:

Reyna, Pulisic, and Balogun came to play.
the McKennie,Musah, Adams midfield does not give you enough talent going forward.

Where was Weston? He used to be a spark plug on the field. I feel like he gets lost too often these days.
He doesnt have the ball skill to play further back and get on the ball under pressure, we need to just unleash him further upfield to get into the attacking third and onto crosses as an extra runner in the box.
They arent playing him as a deep seated playmaker in Italy.
I think Gregg just does not have an eye for who is in form, and has no tactical skils to put these players in positions of strength.

I ALSO think that we have a lot more talent than we used to, but none of these guys are relied upon to make their club teams go. So they come to play internationally, and we dont have anyone playing in that spot either.

Weston's play is hard to fit into a system. I think Ggg has no idea how to use him, but feels compelled to get him onto the field because of his raw talent
KCup17
AG
Had to create a burner account hahaha

Comical
Furlock Bones
AG
It was so hollow listening to Stu say it's not good enough from Gregg. Stu is partly responsible for this crap. He used his position on the athletes council to further his broadcasting career and voted for the same old scum.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
PatAg said:

HowdyTexasAggies said:

PatAg said:

and now we have to deal with all the trolls and casuals talking about how we suck at soccer as a country and all sorts of nonsense.

They are rightly pissed.
wangus12
AG
AgGrad99 said:

PatAg said:

the McKennie,Musah, Adams midfield does not give you enough talent going forward.

Where was Weston? He used to be a spark plug on the field. I feel like he gets lost too often these days.
He looks overweight and out of shape
KCup17
AG
When is the next Nations League?
Furlock Bones
AG
Especially when it looks like he's downing 6 packs every night.
zgolfz85
AG
Furlock Bones said:

It was so hollow listening to Stu say it's not good enough from Gregg. Stu is partly responsible for this crap. He used his position on the athletes counc to further his broadcasting career and voted for the same old scum.

Yep, too much nepotism. Burn it down. Be a serious soccer country, or at least pretend to be
PatAg
AG
HowdyTexasAggies said:

PatAg said:

HowdyTexasAggies said:

PatAg said:

They are rightly pissed.
They are part of the same people who were happy he was rehired.
Mathguy64
AG
AgGrad99 said:

PatAg said:

Wes ate himself out of being able to play.

Seriously. He's was overweight and it showed.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
PatAg said:

HowdyTexasAggies said:

PatAg said:

HowdyTexasAggies said:

PatAg said:

They are rightly pissed.
They are part of the same people who were happy he was rehired.

They are idiots then for sure
PatAg
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Especially when it looks like he's downing 6 packs every night.
6 packs of ranch
tysker
AG
wangus12 said:

AgGrad99 said:

PatAg said:

He looks overweight and out of shape

I heard he had an AirBnB at the Hidden Valley ranch
Furlock Bones
AG
I do find it funny how many are admitting Weston is out of shape now. Not necessarily on this board, but I got downvoted hard on Reddit for saying Weston looked fat and slow in the friendlies and how he was going to kick ass when the actual tournament started.
tysker
AG
Furlock Bones said:

I do find it funny how many are admitting Weston is out of shape now. Not necessarily on this board, but I got downvoted hard on Reddit for saying Weston looked fat and slow in the friendlies and how he was going to kick ass when the actual tournament started.

Let's be honest, if anyone else was managing this team besides Ggg would Wes be a 90 minute player?
zgolfz85
AG
There's no way turner is straight
PatAg
AG
my instincts tell me to rage about the dozens of awful calls by this ref, the offside no call on the goal, the ref last game...

the remaining instincts are furious that Berhalter was rehired, and immediately we are somehow playing worse
and I just know we arent firing him.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Turner said it, our final 1/3 was terrible
Mathguy64
AG
I said he was fat in an earlier game. Someone (a pundit) said he looked fat coming into the first game and that he would drop 10 pounds in sweat that night.

If he did he ate it right back in a double cheeseburger.
deadbq03
AG
It's telling that Aston Villa wanted no part of him and Cincinnati does.
zgolfz85
AG
No one is proud of the fight shown Matt
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Turner dodged the GGG question
PatAg
AG

someone on this thread called it
BJM1781
AG
Folks over on ESPN FC are absolutely spot on. GGG and this squad have done absolutely nothing on the big stage or against elite competition.

We really haven't done much (other than dominating a declining Mexico team) since failing to qualify for 2018 Cup.
Mathguy64
AG
Here is the thing. You can hire Marsch and his system would kill these players. They aren't up to that style of play.
rsf0626
Fox is brutally honest about this team. Kinda refreshing to see ngl

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.