*****COPA America 2024*****

46,879 Views | 850 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by tysker
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hopefully not a knee injury
Furlock Bones
AG
In tears on the sideline.
PatAg
AG
Damn does Messi feel like it's over with whatever injury he has, or just the emotion of the moment getting to him
Matt_ag98
Clearly cares...unlike our pink hair laughing at missing a penalty shot Women's Team USA of the past 5 years
OregonAggie
AG
Man Diaz just hasn't been let loose yet this game. Argentina's done well tonight keeping him from running at them.
wangus12
AG
Really sucks to see Messi like that
PatAg
AG
This might become a pk
Pahdz
Boy this would be a tough one to review. I kinda agree with Stu though
Out in Left Field
AG
I like no call there
birdman
Great combination for a goal. Clearly offside. Unnecessary to get that jump.
wangus12
AG
Damn way off
Mathguy64
AG
The way CONMEBOL draws the lines you never know.
gougler08
AG
Mathguy64 said:

The way CONMEBOL draws the lines you never know.

Can't believe they were even drawing lines
PatAg
AG
Only field that looked good was Cowboy stadium, and it only looked good because of all the early prep work they were trying out.
They're gonna do even more for the world cup, and every other stadium is going to have to follow suit
Furlock Bones
AG
Yup. This putting down a couple of inches of sand on concrete and laying grass over it is not going to cut it. These fields have been embarrassing.
deadbq03
AG
PatAg said:

Only field that looked good was Cowboy stadium, and it only looked good because of all the early prep work they were trying out.
They're gonna do even more for the world cup, and every other stadium is going to have to follow suit
Honestly it's a matter of timing and money. When does [whoever] want to pay to rent out the field? And for how long? Those are the real questions.

It's not a matter of ability it's a matter of money. If the venue can make money on a concert between games because you didn't rent the venue out for the duration - that's your bad, not theirs. (And yes, there was a concert in Miami between group stage games and this final).
Furlock Bones
AG
Then the venue should not host the World Cup.
PatAg
AG
Stu implying that guy should have gotten onto the end of that header is hilarious
deadbq03
AG
Then no one in the US would because capitalism is all about the market. You pay the venue for its services, or you risk getting **** on between the tiny windows you rent it out.
PatAg
AG
deadbq03 said:

PatAg said:

Honestly it's a matter of timing and money. When does [whoever] want to pay to rent out the field? And for how long? Those are the real questions.

It's not a matter of ability it's a matter of money. If the venue can make money on a concert between games because you didn't rent the venue out for the duration - that's your bad, not theirs. (And yes, there was a concert in Miami between group stage games and this final).

Nothing you said has anything to do with what I wrote, though. We all understand why these teams/stadiums do things.
dmart90
AG
Shakira is a Toyota Tundra? WTF?
deadbq03
AG
I'm just trying to say that the only reason Cowboys looked good was because they didn't have anything else going on.

And no, I don't think everyone thinks about how it actually works.

People are blaming US venues for this ****show when in reality it's that CONMEBOL was cheap.
Mathguy64
AG
IIRC the WC fields have to be in place 28 days before being played on.
PatAg
AG
deadbq03 said:

I'm just trying to say that the only reason Cowboys looked good was because they didn't have anything else going on.

Because they chose to do a trial run of a what they will need to do for.the world cup.
Which will require no events for weeks, if not a month , before the first games.
Not just laying some sod down.
PatAg
AG
deadbq03 said:

And no, I don't think everyone thinks about how it actually works.

People are blaming US venues for this ****show when in reality it's that CONMEBOL was cheap.

It's on the US because we also do it anytime friendlies are played in these stadiums. Or the gold cup.
oh no
AG
Oof. I've won two of my smaller bets. The rest are on life support heading into extra time.
deadbq03
AG
PatAg said:

deadbq03 said:

Because they chose to do a trial run of a what they will need to do for.the world cup.
Which will require no events for weeks, if not a month , before the first games.
Not just laying some sod down.
Or it's because it's hot as **** in TX and no one wanted to attempt a big concert there.

And that conveniently then allowed for a "trial run".

You know if these dudes could've made other money they would've.
Furlock Bones
AG
Messi's ankle
Brother Shamus
Oh he's gonna have a fun day tomorrow with that swell
wangus12
AG
How do you not bury that
deadbq03
AG
Jeez what a chance.
birdman
It feels like it is just a matter of time for Argentina.
zgolfz85
AG
So many smoke shows in these crowd shots
wangus12
AG
All looking for their gringo papi with papers
Furlock Bones
AG
Ref is in no blood no foul mode

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.