* WC Group E thread (Spain, Costa Rica, Germany, Japan) *

21,682 Views | 532 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by EastSideAg2002
La Bamba
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So Spain gets Morocco instead of Croatia and avoids the Brazil/Argentina bracket half. Strangely, it's kind of a win win to have lost.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Germany deserved to go out.

However, not sure how that 2nd goal for Japan was allowed to stand, ball was clearly over the end line before being played back in front of the goal.............
AggieCrew44
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

However, not sure how that 2nd goal for Japan was allowed to stand, ball was clearly over the end line before being played back in front of the goal.............
Because the ball is a circle not a square
wangus12
AG
LB12Diamond said:

How are the groups determined?
They draw from pots based on FIFA World Rankings. Only exception is host country is in Group A (Means they can't play 7 best teams)
MookieBlaylock
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

guarantee Spain isnt protesting as they have a cake walk to the Semis
TXAggie2011
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Who's Flick
German head coach
wangus12
AG
Germany's Head coach
MookieBlaylock
AG
wangus12 said:

Germany's Head coach

4 more years!
Out in Left Field
AG
AggieCrew44 said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

Um, actually...it's a sphere
wangus12
AG
Also thats what Germany and Berlin get for denying my Berlin Marathon application today.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Understand but it looked like the entire ball was out, I guess it was interpreted that the edge of the ball was still in play despite the bottom of the ball contacting the ground being out...... Razor thin margin. But in the end the best 2 teams went through.

Time wasting is so ingrained in the DNA of Costa Rica even at 2-2 and needing a goal to advance they were time wasting, Navas and Campbell in particular. Idiots.
wangus12
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

Understand but it looked like the entire ball was out, I guess it was interpreted that the edge of the ball was still in play despite the bottom of the ball contacting the ground being out...... Razor thin margin. But in the end the best 2 teams went through.

Time wasting is so ingrained in the DNA of Costa Rica even at 2-2 and needing a goal to advance they were time wasting, Navas and Campbell in particular. Idiots.
This is correct
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Regardless, Germany should be proud, they accomplished what they really needed to at the WC.... sending a SJW message...................................

flintdragon
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

wish they had a more down the line pic
deadbq03
AG
This is some good perspective…

La Bamba
AG
Ball looks out to me.
deadbq03
AG
Draw a vertical line from the edge into the center of the ball's shadow. It's barely in.
wangus12
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd
La Bamba said:

Ball looks out to me.
Poor angle to judge whether is in or out, I think if you looked straight down on it, the ball would be in
Ag Since 83
AG

I have no idea if this is photoshopped

ColoradoMooseHerd
deadbq03 said:

was going to post this
MookieBlaylock
AG
more proof the earth is flat
oh no
AG
if Germany had just beaten or drawn with Japan on the first match day, they wouldn't need to complain about a close call between two other teams on the 3rd match day. ..also, if Japan hadn't done them a favor and lost to Costa Rica on the 2nd match day, today wouldn't have mattered at all for Germany; they'd have been oat like USA's hat, donchaknow.
nereus
AG
I just don't understand how they don't have more camera angles on things like that at an event this big.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Out in Left Field said:

AggieCrew44 said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

Um, actually...it's a sphere
There was a good long while when it was actually something of a truncated icosahedron.
ColoradoMooseHerd
irishaggie97 said:

so does this mean the US losing to Japan in the days proceeding the WC wasnt as bad now?
Yup
PascalsWager
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

Regardless, Germany should be proud, they accomplished what they really needed to at the WC.... sending a SJW message...................................

Thats what German football is.

Outside of Bayern Munich and few "plastic" clubs, most Bundesliga clubs don't care about winning or entertainment. They seem to exist as some kind of community do-goodery organizations. Its their business, but I wouldn't watch waste time watching that league.
Rudyjax
AG
deadbq03 said:

This!
OregonAggie
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

guarantee Spain isnt protesting as they have a cake walk to the Semis

Whether it's Portugal or The Swiss (I assume they'll get thru), they don't have fodder to play.
La Bamba
AG
Yeah there's a chance we can see England v France and Spain v Portugal in the Quarters. Sick.
Gordo14
I got caught up in meetings all afternoon. What the ****
jeffk
AG
Some of y'all really believe this "Germany was too woke" as the reason they got knocked out in group?
deadbq03
AG
PascalsWager said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

Thats what German football is.

Outside of Bayern Munich and few "plastic" clubs, most Bundesliga clubs don't care about winning or entertainment. They seem to exist as some kind of community do-goodery organizations. Its their business, but I wouldn't watch waste time watching that league.
Yeah, nevermind that 4 are in the CL knockout round. Horrible soccer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.