*USMNT player and transfer news*

298,798 Views | 4282 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Aston94
TRM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Game thread up
jeffk
AG
How are we feeling about England hiring Tuchel? I've never been a huge fan of his, but his style does seem to be perfect for tournament play.
Aston94
AG
jeffk said:

How are we feeling about England hiring Tuchel? I've never been a huge fan of his, but his style does seem to be perfect for tournament play.
Better them than us.
Rudyjax
AG
Aston94 said:

jeffk said:

Better them than us.

He'd play Pulsic as a super sub.
jeffk
AG
That's kind of where I'm at too. But (to the surprise of no one) there's a vocal group of US fans who are pissed he wasn't offered our job.
Rudyjax
AG
jeffk said:

That's kind of where I'm at too. But (to the surprise of no one) there's a vocal group of US fans who are pissed he wasn't offered our job.

Well as we know from being around here, vocal never means correct.
fig96
AG
jeffk said:

Can he do to them what he did to Chelsea? All for it.
deadbq03
AG
Tuchel is a petulant child in a grown man's body. Dude was sitting on a damned suitcase on the sideline as a lame duck coach at Bayern.

When the soccer world linked Tuchel and Poch to both England and USA vacancies in middle of summer, I thought both coaches were impossible for us, so it wasn't really worth paying attention to… but I did recognize that England could probably get either one, so I was hoping that they would be dumb enough to take Tuchel over Poch.

The way this has unfolded is a major win in my book.
Rudyjax
AG
fig96 said:

jeffk said:

Can he do to them what he did to Chelsea? All for it.

Like win the Champions league? He did better than anyone that followed.
JJxvi
AG
Chelsea collapsed while Graham Potter coached the team. Finished 4th and won the Champions League after replacing Lampard, finished 3rd the next season, FA Cup runners up both years, lost to champions Real Madrid in second try at the knockouts, then was fired at the beginning of September in his third season, presumably because Todd Boehly really just wanted to buy everyone ever associated with Brighton
Rudyjax
AG
**** you Lalas. Go suck on an organge fat one.

AL averaged 15 matches per season over 22 years.
CP averages 29 matches per year over 12 years.

wangus12
AG
The fact that CP is at 405 competitive professional matches at 26 which includes nothing from the youth levels is insane
Aston94
AG
Tell me about the good old days Alexi.

The amount of matches we expect of top level soccer players in this day and age is crazy. Too many games.
First Page Refresh
Page 123 of 123

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.