*USMNT player and transfer news*

216,012 Views | 3519 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by fig96
oh no
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
carl spacklers hat said:

jeffk said:

Alternatively, watching soccer is a great way to learn some Spanish which in turn might open new soccer doors for you around the state and beyond.
That's the spirit! My youngest played soccer for a local club and was the only non-Hispanic on the team. Coach was almost exclusively Spanish-speaking. He knows way more Spanish than he lets on. Added bonus: he knows ALL the cuss words and plenty of colloquial insults.
same with one of my sons. He's now a soccer referee in the Houston area so he gets to brush up on his espanol when he works and his knowledge of derogatory comments from players, coaches, and parents en espanol comes in handy.
Rudyjax
AG
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Google didn't even list the spanish station as an option. I don't mind watching en espanol. My spanish is ok. I mainly speak it on vacation and while playing soccer. We have a dude from Switzerland on our team and he gives me funny looks when I tell him stuff in spanish.
Project Gemini
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Google didn't even list the spanish station as an option. I don't mind watching en espanol. My spanish is ok. I mainly speak it on vacation and while playing soccer. We have a dude from Switzerland on our team and he gives me funny looks when I tell him stuff in spanish.
The ESPN App shows Univision on it
Project Gemini
AG
Rudyjax said:

Proof the NFL DGAF about their player safety.
Rudyjax
AG
I got tickets!

First time to see the modern "A" team.

I did see Dempsey's last USMNT goal.
Rudyjax
AG
I have one more ticket if anyone is interested.

wangus12
AG
Do you know if 1 ticket gets you into both matches?
Rudyjax
AG
Yes
wangus12
AG
Aston94 said:

Nike releases USMNT jerseys for Copa America. Some of the better looking versions we have had as of late. Maybe Nike is finally listening?!?

WTF are Nike and US Soccer thinking in terms of cost? $140 for a jersey is ridiculous. Most pro teams sell their new jerseys for around $100.
Rudyjax
AG
What else should I add for the drive over today?

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/52JtbFoaHWCtgVFVS7s5xk?si=WHSGR135RZCuBvRRlNNURQ&pi=a-DXI2LCKTRA-z
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
fig96
AG
wangus12 said:

Aston94 said:

Nike releases USMNT jerseys for Copa America. Some of the better looking versions we have had as of late. Maybe Nike is finally listening?!?

WTF are Nike and US Soccer thinking in terms of cost? $140 for a jersey is ridiculous. Most pro teams sell their new jerseys for around $100.
Going price for authentics is 150ish.
JJxvi
AG
$150 is too much for white tee shirt?
JJxvi
AG
Apparently England is mad that Nike stylized the St George's cross on their shirts.
Furlock Bones
AG
JJxvi said:

Apparently England is mad that Nike stylized the St George's cross on their shirts.

As they should be. Absolutely ridiculous.
JJxvi
AG
Meh, I know there would be people would be upset here also Im sure, with a stylized US flag, but there are many patriotic type clothing designs with similar things done.

Like, would there be outrage if there was a monochrome flag on our jerseys? Like in black or navy?

This is the same thing but like the opposite, adding color variation to a monochrome flag. It still kind of reads as a red cross, but its got added purple and blue shading within it to match trim color elements.
JJxvi
AG
Im pretty sure Nike ****ed up mostly with how they described it. It made people think it was a woke thing when im pretty it was just to match the secondary colors they were taking from 1966 training kits.
akm91
AG
Shocked that Germany signed with Nike
fig96
AG
Nike did a monochrome flag for some Olympic gear I think last go round, white on navy if I recall, and no one blinked an eye.
First Page Refresh
Page 101 of 101

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.