*USMNT player and transfer news*

216,040 Views | 3519 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by fig96
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This was suggested in the World Cup thread and seems like a good idea. Latest news...

Aaronson to Leeds seems imminent:

Pulisic staying at Chelsea?

Adams' future at RB Leipzig in question?

Potential Leeds move:
https://motleedsnews.com/news/fabrizio-romano-hints-at-leeds-united-potential-move-for-rb-leipzig-ace-tyler-adams/
themissinglink
AG
CCV likely to stay with Celtic. The loan supposedly contains an option to buy for 6m plus incentives which could bring it up to 10m. Not sure what needs to be ironed out with Tottenham.
jeffk
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Did Pulisic ever have Chelsea on his Insta?
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
PatAg
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

I saw a tweet that said he never had it on his Instagram, only his Twitter where he still has it.
Who knows though
jeffk
AG
Aaronson deal is done.

fig96
AG
I was literally in the process of posting this

My link has a cooler graphic though:

jeffk
AG
Yeah, well I found one with video.

Aston94
AG
Great news for Aaronson! Leeds are a really good fit for him, and I think the fans will love his work rate. Speed of the EPL game will only help him in his development.
deadbq03
AG
More Adams to Leeds smoke:
https://motleedsnews.com/transfers/leeds-united-expected-to-bid-to-make-tyler-adams-next-signing-after-one-deal-done/
wangus12
AG
If Marsch wants to coach the the USMNT so badly, he should just say so
fig96
AG
He has
Rudyjax
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

No
Furlock Bones
AG
And now Djordje is injured. US only calling up 27 players while other countries call up 35-40 players. Is that Gregg or is that US Soccer not wanting to pay extra roster spots?

akm91
AG
Quote:

And now Djordje is injured. US only calling up 27 players while other countries call up 35-40 players. Is that Gregg or is that US Soccer not wanting to pay extra roster spots?
Berhalter wants to get as many reps as he can for the core group so getting 40 guys in camp isn't going to help on that front. I think Renya, Pulisic, McKennie, Adams, Dest, Robinson and Musah has only started a couple of games together so they need all the reps they can get.

Now there is only 6 matches left so realistically it's not likely to get someone brand new ito learn the system that hasn't played before; this is a knock against him not integrating more players during the WCQ windows

Hopefully he'll call in someone else that he thinks may be able to be on the squad to Qatar (Pomykal?)
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
KCup17
AG
Are we posting rumors on this thread or just verified interest from teams? Just want to know before I proceed posting everything I hear from the interwebs.
jeffk
AG
i think you can let fly with whatever rumors you want... we all know how silly the Euro transfer season is.
Rudyjax
AG
KCup17 said:

Are we posting rumors on this thread or just verified interest from teams? Just want to know before I proceed posting everything I hear from the interwebs.
I think it begs the question, how many of these are legit versus flights of fancy?

Is Adams really being considered by Leeds or is it just people thinking that since Marsh is there, he'll take Adams?

Is Pulisic really wanted by RM, or is that just fanboy hopefulness?

KCup17
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

KCup17 said:

I think it begs the question, how many of these are legit versus flights of fancy?

Is Adams really being considered by Leeds or is it just people thinking that since Marsh is there, he'll take Adams?

As far as legit interest... I don't want to muddy the thread with completely unfounded rumors or rumors without verified sources.

The 2 interesting things I heard from yesterday are:
1. RM are interested in bidding for Gaga Slonina
2. Tottenham are considering a bid for Weston. If Paul Pogba ends up at Juve it will push Weston out.
deadbq03
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

KCup17 said:

Adams stuff is pure speculation at this point, albeit from "legitimate" sources like Fabrizio Romano. There's no indication there's been contact.

But I think speculation is welcome on this thread. It's part of what makes sports interesting in my opinion.
KCup17
AG
Would I love to see Adams move on from thee Bundesliga? Yes. Do I think he will end up at Leeds? Maybe not. But if Kalvin Phillips does move elsewhere I could see Adams being a good fit.
Rudyjax
AG
Where is the official game thread?
jeffk
AG
Up your butt and around the corner.
carl spacklers hat
KCup17 said:

As far as legit interest... I don't want to muddy the thread with completely unfounded rumors or rumors without verified sources.

The 2 interesting things I heard from yesterday are:
1. RM are interested in bidding for Gaga Slonina
2. Tottenham are considering a bid for Weston. If Paul Pogba ends up at Juve it will push Weston out.

Is it crazy that I would take McKennie over Pogba all day at this point?
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
KCup17
AG
Not at all. McKennie has actually been consistently in the first team and producing over the last 2 seasons. Pogba has been a shell of the talent we all thought he could be. Has 2 good games then goes missing for long stretches and usually ends up hurt and sidelined for months.
themissinglink
AG
CCV officially staying with Celtic

akm91
AG
Congrats to CCV!
KCup17
AG
I've heard rumors that Chris Richards may be off to the Prem. With Crystal Palace being the most interested.

Also heard that the MLS turned down Real Madrids initial offer for Gaga Slonina
themissinglink
AG
Chelsea and Real Madrid in on him.

deadbq03
AG
Leipzig signed some midfield depth and supposedly it's to replace Tyler Adams.

Fabrizio Romano says Adams is moving on and his most likely destination is Leeds.

The Athletic and others have said he's on the radar of Benfica and Sevilla too.
KCup17
AG
Fiorentina are eyeing Musah.
akm91
AG
According to Kicker, ManCity is going to sign another keeper, Ortega. Steffen is probably going to get loaned out which may not be necessarily a bad thing.
deadbq03
AG
akm91 said:

According to Kicker, ManCity is going to sign another keeper, Ortega. Steffen is probably going to get loaned out which may not be necessarily a bad thing.
Ortega is an amazing keeper. There were some pundits who dared suggest he was the best in the Bundesliga… of course, beating Neuer is a tall order, but I think it's entirely possible that he's better than Ederson. The raw stats certainly seem to indicate he is, especially when you consider that he had zero help in front of him.

It's hard to believe he's going to City to just be a backup. I think he's gonna push Ederson for the starting job.

https://fbref.com/en/players/c1242d4e/Stefan-Ortega

https://fbref.com/en/players/3bb7b8b4/Ederson
akm91
AG
Yeah, having Bello as your LB doesn't help.
Rudyjax
AG
akm91 said:

I would love for him to go to the worst team in the premier league on loan.

Nothing better for a keeper than facing 10 plus shots per game!
Last Page
Page 1 of 101

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.