*USMNT player and transfer news*

298,888 Views | 4282 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by Aston94
oh no
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OregonAggie
AG
Damn dude is on fire!
Rudyjax
AG
oh no said:

TRM
AG
O'Fallon d'Or
Rudyjax
AG
Balo subbed off due to injury.
Rudyjax
AG

Milan deserves to lose. Missed two penalties that Pulsic didn't take. And subbed him out in the 82'. They don't want to win.
wangus12
AG
The fact that CP is Milan's designated PK taker and he took neither cost them the game. Apparently CP gave the first one to Hernandez because it was his birthday, but the 2nd one Tammy Abraham refused to give CP the ball.
Who?mikejones!
wangus12 said:

The fact that CP is Milan's designated PK taker and he took neither cost them the game. Apparently CP gave the first one to Hernandez because it was his birthday, but the 2nd one Tammy Abraham refused to give CP the ball.

I'll be honest- I don't watch many Milan games and see mostly highlights, so I may be way off base.

Milan players don't seem to like each other very much.

I'm used to watching arsenal where to players seem to be very friendly and respectful of each other. When I watch Milan, they seem to do stupid things like fight over penalty takers, or someone is always doing a little pouting about who is scoring goals.
Rudyjax
AG
Who?mikejones! said:

wangus12 said:

I'll be honest- I don't watch many Milan games and see mostly highlights, so I may be way off base.

Milan players don't seem to like each other very much.

I'm used to watching arsenal where to players seem to be very friendly and respectful of each other. When I watch Milan, they seem to do stupid things like fight over penalty takers, or someone is always doing a little pouting about who is scoring goals.

That seems correct.
Rudyjax
AG
Fonseca is a dead man walking and he knows it.

Rudyjax
AG
wangus12 said:

Tomori, team captain, gave the ball to Tammy.

Pulisic shouldn't insist when the captain does that.

Definitely a coaching issue.

And it's not like he couldn't yell and say, Christian is taking the penalty.

wangus12
AG
Might be a coaching issue, but most teams have a designated taker by the coach. Captain doesn't get to pick it.

Fonseca wasn't happy with it. He said after the match, ""The penalty taker is Pulisic, I don't know why the players changed their minds. I spoke to him and said it must never happen again"
jeffk
AG
wangus12 said:

Pulisic giving the gift of a missed birthday penalty to Hernandez is cracking me up.
zgolfz85
AG
when is paramount dropping the pulisic doucmentary?
Rudyjax
AG
wangus12 said:

Might be a coaching issue, but most teams have a designated taker by the coach. Captain doesn't get to pick it.

Fonseca wasn't happy with it. He said after the match, ""The penalty taker is Pulisic, I don't know why the players changed their minds. I spoke to him and said it must never happen again"

Hey. Tammy. Don't take it. Pulsic is taking it.

Not that hard to stop.
oh no
AG
I didn't watch and I know nothing of the particular situation, but if Tammy earned the PK by drawing it with his work rate and the captain & his teammates wanted him to take the PK he earned as a reward and CP was fine with it, then no big deal. What eats at team chemistry and reflects poorly on the manager is when there are guys arguing over taking them on the pitch.
Rudyjax
AG
oh no said:

I didn't watch and I know nothing of the particular situation, but if Tammy earned the PK by drawing it with his work rate and the captain & his teammates wanted him to take the PK he earned as a reward and CP was fine with it, then no big deal. What eats at team chemistry and reflects poorly on the manager is when there are guys arguing over taking them on the pitch.
Christian asked for it and Tammy didn't give it so Pulisic let him.

Captain was in the decision.

Fonseca threw his players under the bus.

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Why were the stands half empty on Pulisics goal? Some sort of sanction?
deadbq03
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Why were the stands half empty on Pulisics goal? Some sort of sanction?
Fiorentina's average attendance is less than half of their capacity. Looks like they're smart and just shut down entire sections to save on maintenance.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Ok. Just looked strange seeing full stands, fence, empty stands. Clear line. But closing seating makes sense. Maybe they could borrow Baylors tarp.
Rudyjax
AG
Watke is the best.

https://watke.substack.com/p/milans-designated-penalty-taker-system?r=3c810&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&triedRedirect=true
aggiebird02
That dude is amaz-ballz…
Rudyjax
AG
aggiebird02 said:

That dude is amaz-ballz…
Make sure you watch the second link.
aggiebird02
His deadpan delivery is what really ties it all together…
Out in Left Field
AG
zgolfz85
AG
Out in Left Field said:

barf
Rudyjax
AG
They can't get any worse.
Aston94
AG
Out in Left Field said:

Makes me glad I am not a Chicago Fire fan.
oh no
AG
I have never met a single solitary Chicago Fire fan in my life if they do exist... and now, I'm guessing it will still be a while before I ever meet one.
Rudyjax
AG
oh no said:

I have never met a single solitary Chicago Fire fan in my life if they do exist... and now, I'm guessing it will still be a while before I ever meet one.
Well now that they have Ggg, count AggiePhoenixBirdAgwhatever his name is now a fan.
aggiebird02
No, Chicago and Dallas have a rivalry going back since the league's founding. There is a trophy between the two teams, The Brimstone Cup…

Edit: FC Dallas fan and former season ticket holder when I lived in Dallas…
Rudyjax
AG
aggiebird02 said:

No, Chicago and Dallas have a rivalry going back since the league's founding. There is a trophy between the two teams, The Brimstone Cup…

jessexy
AG
aggiebird02 said:

The Brimstone Cup is almost non-existent now. Fire moving to the East pretty much killed that rivalry dead. It used to be damn hot though when it was the BURN vs. FIRE (see what I did there?). But for real. Back then, Chicago had some wild players like Dema Kovalenko and CJ Brown who used to crush the Dallas players. I think Kovalenko broke a Dallas player's leg, not once but TWICE. And Dallas had players that would give it back to them like Chad Deering and Daniel Hernandez over the years. Deering sent a Chicago player to the hospital once.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Dallas Burn was a terrible early MLS team name.
aggiebird02
I saw Blanco score a goal for the Fire and do his famous pose. It was a fun rivalry at one time. I'm happy for Gregg (a true American hero), and wish him nothing but the best. Maybe he'll get back to coaching the Nats someday…
First Page Last Page
Page 121 of 123

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.