***2021 Summer Transfer Thread***

10,070 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AGC
Legal Custodian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With the Champions League final upon us and the domestic leagues behind, news is starting to leak out regarding rumors and signings. Use this thread to post any news you might come across, rumors or confirmed.

I think this will be a ridiculous summer transfer period. Real, PSG, Barcelona, and pretty much every other Super League club will be making a ton of changes. I'll be watching these 3 closely to see where they end up:

Name - Prediction
Mbappe - Stays with PSG
Haaland - Stays with BVB
Jadon Sancho - Moves to Manchester United

And for the USMNT guys, these might be moving too:

Daryl Dike - Orlando SC (Big showing in the Championship, Orlando will look to move him)
Josh Sargent - Werder Bremen (Werder was relegated and need the cash)
Christian Pulisic - Chelsea (will he try to force himself out due to playing time?)
Gio Reyna - Dortmund (Long shot that he'll get moved but if Dortmund needs some extra cash they could get a good little return for him)
Brenden Aaronson - RB Salzburg (Will Salzburg try to keep him another year, he would fit in nice in the Bundesliga)
Chris Richards - Bayern (Doesn't seem to have a place at Bayern right now, was already loaned out)

akm91
AG
Don't think Reyna's moving. Dortmund would generate the cash by moving Sancho and ManU would be willing to pay the $100M price tag.

Can't see Aaronson moving after just 1/2 a season in Austria; more likely in January transfer window (again) or next summer if he keeps up his excellent play.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
KCup17
AG
Saw a rumor yesterday that Hazard is linked to Chelsea. I dont think it is happening but who knows at this point.

I really enjoy Transfer season even though my team never makes a big splash in the transfer market. Here's to enjoying the ride!

Edit: Bayern should probably want to keep Richards. With Alaba and Boateng leaving this summer they need defenders and I think they are very high on Richards.
Legal Custodian
AG
KCup17 said:

Saw a rumor yesterday that Hazard is linked to Chelsea. I dont think it is happening but who knows at this point.

I really enjoy Transfer season even though my team never makes a big splash in the transfer market. Here's to enjoying the ride!

Edit: Bayern should probably want to keep Richards. With Alaba and Boateng leaving this summer they need defenders and I think they are very high on Richards.
I would love that (having an American on my team) but he needs to add some muscle. He's skinny as a rail right now, hopefully Bayern will keep him around as I'm not convince on Sule being Upamecano's CB partner.
akm91
AG
They already signed Upamecano. I'm wondering if they'll sign another center back during the transfer window.
Legal Custodian
AG
Zidane just resigned from Real. Not sure where to post this but huge news. Looks like Allegri is the favorite to replace him.

Wonder if Ronaldo might go back to Madrid
chjoak
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Zidane just resigned from Real. Not sure where to post this but huge news. Looks like Allegri is the favorite to replace him.

Wonder if Ronaldo might go back to Madrid

Conte resigned from Inter after being told they needed to make 80m in sales this window. Saw a link to Real shortly after. Some speculation that Real will consider Lukaku as an alternative to Mbappe & Haaland.
Mike Elko
AG
Raul Madrid would be my catchphrase if I lived in Spain. Let's see what another RM legend can do for his club.

And yes, Chelsea, please take back Hazard.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
akm91
AG
I'd rather have Haaland or Mbappe than Lukaku just based on the fact they're 8 and 6 years younger than Lukaku respectively. Real needs to get impact players that are much younger than 30.
akm91
AG
Why would Chelsea take a gamble on Hazaard given his inability to stay healthy now?
chjoak
AG
akm91 said:

I'd rather have Haaland or Mbappe than Lukaku just based on the fact they're 8 and 6 years younger than Lukaku respectively. Real needs to get impact players that are much younger than 30.

Mbappe says he wont leave PSG (atleast not this window) and speculation is that Haaland will opt to stay at Dortmund another year since they qualified for CL (and no one has the cash to buy him without selling several players).
Mike Elko
AG
akm91 said:

Why would Chelsea take a gamble on Hazaard given his inability to stay healthy now?

I was just commenting on the speculation by another poster. Chelsea would be dumb to do so, but I'd be happy if they did.
ChipFTAC01
AG
chjoak said:

akm91 said:

Mbappe says he wont leave PSG (atleast not this window) and speculation is that Haaland will opt to stay at Dortmund another year since they qualified for CL (and no one has the cash to buy him without selling several players).

I think staying put is the smart thing to do unless you really need to move. I think transfer prices/wages will really be depressed. Unless City just signs everyone for all of the money.
eiggA2002
AG
Don't forget Harry Kane. He wants a move. Not many spots I can see him landing other than City. Pochettino back to Spurs is gathering steam. Not sure if that changes much.

COVID crushed a lot of clubs. Especially Real Madrid and Barca, hence the attempt to fast forward the Super League. Juventus seems to want to move on from Ronaldo as well.
Furlock Bones
AG
Transfers for 800 Alex.

This team will sign a big name or 2, yet they will not challenge for league or cup.

Who is Manchester United?
Legal Custodian
AG
Bayern just signed Omar Richards on a free transfer from Reading. 23yr old, looks to play LB or LCB?
young eugene
AG
Lots of good transfer news and rumors here.

https://www.sbnation.com/transfer-rumors
akm91
AG
chjoak said:

akm91 said:

If PSG can't convince him to sign a new contract before end of transfer window, they may sell him for a mix of players and cash just to get something for him. His contract ends in 2022.
KCup17
AG
You're right i forgot about that signing.
KCup17
AG
Pochettino back to Spurs just highlights Levy's inability to own a club. I find it laughable at this point because thats the most Spursy thing to do.
akm91
AG
KCup17 said:

You're right i forgot about that signing.
Germans do their signings, players and coaches, way early so it's easy to forget.
AGC
AG
akm91 said:

chjoak said:

akm91 said:

If PSG can't convince him to sign a new contract before end of transfer window, they may sell him for a mix of players and cash just to get something for him. His contract ends in 2022.

I saw something from marca (I think) cross my feed about real paying him 30-40M to stay another year at psg. Hell of a lot cheaper than paying for the transfer if I didn't dream it up. Alaba supposedly closed for Real too.

Supposedly varane is looking to move, possibly old trafford this summer. However this rumor has been going for over a year now. Would be nice to have that cash
Legal Custodian
AG
Worst kept secret, but looks to be finalized now. Konate to Liverpool for $41.5 million.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4396727/liverpool-sign-defender-ibrahima-konate-from-rb-leipzig
KCup17
AG
Pirlo out at Juve. Allegri back in. Seems like this is the summer of clubs going back to their Ex. haha
akm91
AG
Quote:

I saw something from marca (I think) cross my feed about real paying him 30-40M to stay another year at psg. Hell of a lot cheaper than paying for the transfer if I didn't dream it up. Alaba supposedly closed for Real too.
Wow! That would be blatant tampering!
akm91
AG
Tottenham is going to miss out on the manager carousel with Real Madrid and possibly Barcelona jobs looking for new managers as well.
AGC
AG
akm91 said:

Quote:

Wow! That would be blatant tampering!

Dunno, sounds like a signing bonus to me if they wait til next year to pay it. Didn't neymar get one of those?
AGC
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

akm91 said:

I was just commenting on the speculation by another poster. Chelsea would be dumb to do so, but I'd be happy if they did.

I disagree. I think Madrid have a problem with whoever their conditioning coach is and there's an opportunity for Chelsea. The back line was decimated with injuries all year between Carvajal, mendy, Ramos, varane, etc. and they've gone spells without several midfielders. Hazard has taken some tough challenges on the pitch for sure but a lot of injuries this year and academy call ups.
akm91
AG
Quote:

I disagree. I think Madrid have a problem with whoever their conditioning coach is and there's an opportunity for Chelsea.
Hazaard showed up to Madrid well overweight. His injury issues started from that point forward. I don't believe it has much to do with Madrid's conditioning coach.

That's like saying there is a problem with Liverpool's conditioning coach because they were decimated with injuries this year. Pretty sure it was the same conditioning coach that was there when they won the Champion's League and Premier League titles respectively.
AGC
AG
akm91 said:

Quote:

I disagree. I think Madrid have a problem with whoever their conditioning coach is and there's an opportunity for Chelsea.
Hazaard showed up to Madrid well overweight. His injury issues has nothing to do with Madrid's conditioning coach.

I was only referencing this past season where Zidane had to use a large squad due to the number of injuries they experienced.
JJxvi
AG
Chelsea already got the dream career out of Hazard, and bought him for 30 million at 21, sold him for 140 million at age 28. There's no reason to go back for 30 year old Hazard.
Mike Elko
AG
JJxvi said:

Chelsea already got the dream career out of Hazard, and bought him for 30 million at 21, sold him for 140 million at age 28. There's no reason to go back for 30 year old Hazard.
100, but potentially 140 in add-ons, which he obviously hasn't come close to meeting.

Alaba officially joins RM on a free transfer. Could mean the end for Ramos and/or Varane.
KCup17
AG
I've heard Varane is on his way out. Rumored to various Prem teams
Furlock Bones
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

JJxvi said:

100, but potentially 140 in add-ons, which he obviously hasn't come close to meeting.

Alaba officially joins RM on a free transfer. Could mean the end for Ramos and/or Varane.

Yea it was a free transfer. But his pay is over 400k/week. Not cheap!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.