***2021 Summer Transfer Thread***

10,130 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AGC
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
deadbq03
AG
Not sure how accurate the info was, but I read that they can't renew Messi's contract either.

I know I'm wrong, but I think the smart thing for them to do is rip that bandaid off. I think it's quite telling that clubs around Europe have had 6 months to sign him on a free and no one has. He's going to bleed Barca dry if they renew.
chjoak
AG
Read that as well. Think the 200k above is just to get things under requirements with the new signings. They would have to clear a ton more to resign Messi. They have attempted to release several players so they could sign elsewhere on a free and all have refused.

Seen some speculation this morning that PSG are gonna make a run at Messi.
deadbq03
AG
Yeah I was reading that too. Hope he doesn't go there but I guess it's probably inevitable that the only clubs that could afford him are ones with outside sources of money like PSG.
akm91
AG
If they get rid of Griezemann (881K), Pjanic (180K) and Cutinho (165k) then they can come close afford Messi's wages (1.36M).
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
chjoak
AG
Pjanic has refused to void his contract and no one wants Coutinho atleast not on his wages. Only team that may be able to afford Griezmann's wages is PSG and they will have no need for him if they sign Messi themselves.
akm91
AG
I guess those two (Pjanic and Cutinho) learned from Bale.
Furlock Bones
AG
Something I've wondered is why do pundits and clubs think a player is going to just take less money when they have a valid contract. Unless the club or another club is offering a longer term or more money, why would you voluntarily let them out of your contract?
akm91
AG
Another American on ManCity roster perhaps?

Quote:

Antonee Robinson has been named as a shock potential summer transfer target for Manchester City.
The US international was relegated from the Premier League last season with Fulham, but he caught the eye with some impressive displays despite the club's poor results.

Robinson proved his ability as a box-to-box full-back capable of bombing up and down on the left flank.

Not sure this will be a good move for him if it were even true, as he needs consistent minutes especially with WCQ in the fall. I just don't see him being able to do that for ManCity with Zinchenko and Mendy on the squad.

ManCity Rumor
KCup17
AG
Saw something about Barca today that said Griezmans future depends on Messi.
wangus12
AG
They just straight up afford to pay these guys. Messi was on like 1.3m per week and Griezman is like 850k/wk
KCup17
AG
Ethan Horvath signs with Nottingham Forest. Makes the move from Club Brugge.
Dre_00
This strikes me as a FM transfer tactic. Buy a younger talent on the cheap who likely will never play for you, loan him out, sell him in 2-3 years at a profit. Seems to be a tactic that Chelsea and City regularly employ. Helps in the FFP arena...even if FFP is effectively worthless.
akm91
AG
I think so as well. Guess Man City is building up their loan army
ChipFTAC01
AG
FM?
ChipFTAC01
AG
KCup17 said:

Ethan Horvath signs with Nottingham Forest. Makes the move from Club Brugge.

My favorite club in the Championship. Would love to see them get their **** together.
AGC
AG
chjoak said:

Hala Madrid'
Dre_00
Sorry...Football Manager. I sometimes forget not everyone is as obsessed with that game as I am.
KCup17
AG
I love their history. Watched a Copa90 story on youtube and really want them to return to their former self. It's a shame to see big clubs fall into mismanagement and struggle for a long time.
KCup17
AG
Messi re-signs with Barca for a 5-yr deal. Not sure of the details but he took a pretty big pay cut according to reports.
chjoak
AG
akm91
AG
Quote:

Nine months later, the French international has not only continued his development, but also increased his market value from 40 million to 60 million making him one of the ten most valuable centre-backs in the world. Kound, who arrived from Girondins Bordeaux for 25 million in 2019, reportedly does not see Tottenham as an improvement on Sevilla, who will compete in the Champions League, while Spurs will compete in the Europa Conference League.

Ouch! One transfer that doesn't sound like it's going through despite the clubs (Sevilla and Tottenham) reaching an agreement.

Kounde rejects Tottenham
deadbq03
AG
KCup17 said:

Messi re-signs with Barca for a 5-yr deal. Not sure of the details but he took a pretty big pay cut according to reports.
Saw rumors that it's 50%. Considering it's a 5 year deal and he might have to be put out to pasture in 2 or 3, it's basically a wash in my book.
deadbq03
AG
Seeing that list, it's nuts that 8 of the Top 25 are French.
deadbq03
AG
Smaller news, but speaking of Tottenham, theres evidently a 3 way battle between Tottenham, Milan, and Dortmund to buy Marcel Sabitzer from Leipzig. I suppose it's a 4 way battle because Leipzig also want to keep him but so far he hasn't renewed his contract (expires next year). Rumor is that Leipzig would be willing to part with him for 20-25M EUR which is quite the bargain.
akm91
AG
And majority of those 8 have ties to African countries.
akm91
AG
25M euro's would be almost 50% of market value.
chjoak
AG
KCup17
AG
deadbq03
AG
Pretty good summary of the best transfer activity so far:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4432760/psgman-unitedleipzig-having-the-best-transfer-windows-so-far-who-else-makes-up-the-top-10
KCup17
AG
Grealish is reportedly having his medical at Man City before his $100M transfer can go through.

In other news Harry Kane has now not turned up for training for the last few days in attempts to force a move.
Legal Custodian
AG
Lewandowksi letting it leak out that he wants out of Bayern before he's 35. His contract currently goes to 2023 which is when he turns 35. Could be just a play to get a new contract, but with the way Bayern handles their finances, I doubt they'll give him an extension unless it's at a reduced rate from what he's making now.

Bayern has reportedly set his price at 100million euros. I doubt anything gets done this transfer period since we have no suitable back up and too late in the process to get in on a Striker during this transfer window. But I could absolutely see him moving out next summer.
AGC
AG
Looks like a thrilling finish to the window this year.
KCup17
AG
Ronaldo to Man U confirmed...

Mbappe wants out of PSG for Real Madrid. Absolutely bonkers close to this transfer window.
AGC
AG
KCup17 said:

Ronaldo to Man U confirmed...

Mbappe wants out of PSG for Real Madrid. Absolutely bonkers close to this transfer window.

Random internet rumors also have mbappe money rolling into Dortmund for halaand and Ronaldo money going to real for hazard. Would take that for Real in a heartbeat. Of course now that hazard's slimmed down, I'm sure he'd have a bust out year elsewhere.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.