***2021 Summer Transfer Thread***

10,135 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AGC
KCup17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

After 26 Gigi Buffon is heading back to Parma!
Also Tottenham fail to sign their manager hahaha

Also Also Rumor: Jack Grealish to Chelsea
chjoak
AG
Chelsea looking to spend a ton... 140 for Haaland, rumored 70-100 for Grealish. Who they gonna offload to help fund that? Particularly interesting after spending big on Werner, Havertz, Ziyech & Chilwell last summer.
KCup17
AG
Thats what I'm trying to understand as well. I know they just sold Tomori to AC Milan for $26M but even then they need to make at least $100M in out going players.

I think Abraham is on the way out, wouldn't be surprised if CHO, Emerson and Kovacic were up for sale as well.

EDIT: Forgot that they have like 10 players out on loan including the likes of Miazga, Loftus-Cheek, and Barkley.
wangus12
AG
Oil money vs. State money. Who can break more FFP regulations and get away with..
Max Power
AG
KCup17 said:

Thats what I'm trying to understand as well. I know they just sold Tomori to AC Milan for $26M but even then they need to make at least $100M in out going players.

I think Abraham is on the way out, wouldn't be surprised if CHO, Emerson and Kovacic were up for sale as well.

EDIT: Forgot that they have like 10 players out on loan including the likes of Miazga, Loftus-Cheek, and Barkley.
They also resigned Giroud with the intent to move him as well from what I read. Also, Pulisic could be moved if he doesn't like coming off the bench. I think his energy is great coming off the bench and has provided a spark when he's out there.

Maybe they can give away Kepa and cash to keep him off the field. The entire team plays worse when he's in goal.

I was hoping Timo might remember how to play during Euro but who am I kidding?
chjoak
AG
FFP is a joke for Chelsea, City & ManU.
JJxvi
AG
Chelsea had two recent windows where they were under transfer ban and where their net spending was like -$250 million, so they likely had huge profits able to offset FFP even before whatever Abramovich is allowed to put in
chjoak
AG
Man City supposedly offer 100m + one of Sterling/Jesus/Laporte to Spurs for Harry Kane. Levy planning to reject this bid as he is still trying to convince Kane to stay. Kane will no discuss until Euros are over.
Legal Custodian
AG
Konrad De La Fuente sold to Marseilles for $3.5million. Should be a good opportunity for him.
KCup17
AG
First team minutes are the biggest thing for him at this stage of his career.

I really feel like Tim Weah grew exponentially after making the move over to Lille.
akm91
AG
Great chance for him to continue to develop as he fights for 1st team minutes. Hopefully this will further add to the winger depth for this WCQ cycle.

Beyond Aaronson, Weah and Arriola there isn't a lot of proven depth in those spots at the international level. Arriola is serviceable for most CONCACAF play with Mexico being the exception.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
KCup17
AG
Jurgen Klinnsman has expressed interest in managing Tottenham. Tbh he may be the best they can get at this point.
chjoak
AG
Sancho to United getting closer...

As is Hakimi to PSG...

deadbq03
AG
Not a huge transfer but one everyone can get excited about...

Caden Clark has officially signed with RB Leipzig. He'll be loaned back to NYRB through the 2021 season and join Leipzig in the winter break.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4419187/us-teen-caden-clark-signs-for-rb-leipzig-on-three-year-deal
KCup17
AG
News from England this morning is that Man City is prepping a $100M bid for Grealish.

And yes that is on top of the bid they are looking to table for Kane. So in total over $200M for 2 players

Link: https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/man-city-lining-up-100m-move-for-aston-villas-grealish/gv49q6btkgcy1ccxf6vf73bkt
akm91
AG
Whenever I hear Jack Graelish, I think of the movie Scent of a Woman

KCup17
AG
Konrad De La Fuente to Marseille is official. Not super sure of the details but I think its a good move for the USMNT winger. Moved from Barca.
akm91
AG
KCup17 said:

Konrad De La Fuente to Marseille is official. Not super sure of the details but I think its a good move for the USMNT winger. Moved from Barca.
3M pounds with 50% on future transfer fee. There is no buy-back clause due to Ligue 1 regulations.
chjoak
AG
KCup17
AG
Makes me wonder who they are going to get rid of. My guess in that Dan James is on the outs now.
deadbq03
AG
Leipzig shopping with their Upamecano/Konate/Nagelsmann money and are bringing in Andre Silva from Frankfurt. I think this is the first time they've acquired a proven starter rather than an up-and-comer.
chjoak
AG
And they are getting him cheap, too
akm91
AG
Yeah, much less than expected!

Quote:

It is believed the final fee is 72.9m - with no add-ons.
ManU Sancho Deal
chjoak
AG
I was referring to Silva who sold for under 20m GBP
deadbq03
AG
chjoak said:

And they are getting him cheap, too
Yeah, it's a great deal for the guy who finished 2nd in the Bundesliga in goals at 28. They have an incredible front office.
wangus12
AG
I look forward to the English media absolutely crushing Sancho with expectations
AGC
AG
Messi out of contract, Ramos scrubbing RM from social media profiles and his brother allegedly flying to paris. Mbappe supposedly told psg he's not extending his contract. Fun times in la liga unless you're a Barca fan. Imagine Messi leaving and then having to offload griezman or dembele to balance the books. Gotta make you nervous.
akm91
AG
I think the only reason Messi hasn't signed a new contract is Barcelona aren't below the La Liga wage limit. They were at over $600M last year
AGC
AG
akm91 said:

I think the only reason Messi hasn't signed a new contract is Barcelona aren't below the La Liga wage limit. They were at over $600M last year

FFP is for the have-nots
KCup17
AG
Ramos to PSG!
AGC
AG
KCup17 said:

Ramos to PSG!

As a madridista I love this move.
akm91
AG
KCup17 said:

Ramos to PSG!
O/U on # of red cards Ramos gets @ PSG
deadbq03
AG
KCup17 said:

Ramos to PSG!
Might be the best move of the summer. I love it when a player I hate joins a team I hate.
jeffk
AG
deadbq03 said:

KCup17 said:

Ramos to PSG!
Might be the best move of the summer. I love it when a player I hate joins a team I hate.

Exactly. I had felt my hatred for Ramos waning over the year, so this is really helpful.
KCup17
AG
jeffk said:

deadbq03 said:

KCup17 said:

Ramos to PSG!

Exactly. I had felt my hatred for Ramos waning over the year, so this is really helpful.
I 2nd both these sentiments. Never have been a fan of Ramos. Never will.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.