Arsenal 2019-2020 Thread

139,707 Views | 2300 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AGC
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He really is forcing everything.
wangus12
AG
Love seeing KT about to **** that dude up for taking out Pele
OneBlitzer
AG
Nice win! Fluid and creative football! Lots of promise shown from many.
wangus12
AG
I think it'll help a lot with Bellerin and Tierney coming back. Both can overlap and get an accurate ball in.
wangus12
AG
TXAggie2011
AG
Don't love kicking the ball at him well after the whistle; don't hate having some toughness.
agdoc2001
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Don't love kicking the ball at him well after the whistle
I kind of do...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chjoak
AG
Duezy has a little bit of a mean streak. Hope he learns to keep himself under control so he doesn't end up getting ejected. That said, love to see the guys sticking up for their teammate.

Selfish side note... really hope Duezy picks a normal MF number next season. Seeing #29 on the field really bothers me for some reason.
TXAggie2011
AG
agdoc2001 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

I kind of do...
If I were opponent, I don't it'd move a needle with me.

Just seems to me that it'll help him get carded without really achieving anything.
agdoc2001
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

agdoc2001 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

I kind of do...
If I were opponent, I don't it'd move a needle with me.

Just seems to me that it'll help him get carded without really achieving anything.

You are 100% correct and I realize it is small and petty. Still like it though.......

Maybe it's 15 years of being called the side that "don't like it up 'em"
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TXAggie2011
AG
Fair enough
gougler08
AG
Spuds
PJYoung
AG
No Ozil on the squad.

wangus12
AG
I don't get it. I know players get dropped all the time, but are usually given a chance to earn their way back in. Looks like Ozil isn't even getting a chance
wangus12
AG
SIDESHOW BOB
wangus12
AG
That would be a penalty if we were Liverpool
jeffk
Smokedraw01
wangus12 said:

I don't get it. I know players get dropped all the time, but are usually given a chance to earn their way back in. Looks like Ozil isn't even getting a chance

Isn't he rumored to be let go on transfer in January?
"If you run into an ******* in the morning, you ran into an *******. If you run into *******s all day, you're the *******." – Raylan Givens, "Justified."
agdoc2001
AG
We'd have to pay half his wages to move him on. Seems like it's just a waste leaving all that money on the bench. Or not even on the bench in this case.
Smokedraw01
Why do we continue to sub for Ceballos?
"If you run into an ******* in the morning, you ran into an *******. If you run into *******s all day, you're the *******." – Raylan Givens, "Justified."
wangus12
AG
Because Xhaka has blackmail on Emery?
chjoak
AG
And now we are playing Lucas as a winger???

Xhaka has done absolutely nothing this match to justify leaving him in and rather we take off a kid that's had a good match and provides some pace.
chjoak
AG
If we don't cut loose Emery this summer I would bet a good bit of cash that Torreira is gonna push for a move back to Italy.
wangus12
AG
I can't stand that Xhaka is still out there. Outta move Willock out wide and bring Torreira into the middle. Move Guendo a tad bit forward.

agdoc2001
AG
We were awful for much of that game - lucky that the cherries were even worse today. Emery continues to show that he has no idea how to get the best out of these players.
gougler08
AG
Wolves just won at City
wangus12
AG
Thank God its an international break. Coming back we should have everyone fit. Tierney in for Kola will help the left side tremendously. Hopefully Pepe can get his head straight.
chjoak
AG
Should be starting Lucas as the #6 with 2 of Duezy/Dani/Willock as duel pivot #8
agdoc2001
AG
A thousand times this!
OneBlitzer
AG
3 points! Third place! No complaints!
chjoak
AG
3 points + Spurs lay an egg vs Brighton + ManU lose to Newcastle Not a bad weekend.
Smokedraw01
chjoak said:

3 points + Spurs lay an egg vs Brighton + ManU lose to Newcastle Not a bad weekend.

I think that's how we have to look at this season. We aren't great but we appear to be one of the top not-good teams.
chjoak
AG
Think we actually have a decent squad but our tactics are sheet. Id like to see the next manager take another run at 4-2-2-2. With a couple tweaks, I think our roster sets up for that formation perfectly.
Idk3
AG
Wouldn't mind Nuno Espirito manning the sidelines at the Emirates
OregonAggie
AG
chjoak said:

Think we actually have a decent squad but our tactics are sheet. Id like to see the next manager take another run at 4-2-2-2. With a couple tweaks, I think our roster sets up for that formation perfectly.

Yalls defense is horrendous but the offense has the chance of being prolific...so I think it's a bit of both: Emery needs to figure out how best to setup the team and Arsenal also need some solid defenders to sign.

I think Emery can be there a long time if you guys have a top 4 finish AND management is willing to spend some money this summer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.