Arsenal 2019-2020 Thread

137,758 Views | 2300 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AGC
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To the Tottenham thread...no way, that was on Kane moving his body in front of ! No penalty!
wangus12
AG
Well that's a pretty **** performance. Our finishing needs to improve infinitely and right now Pepe looks more Gervinho than Henry.

Midfield was really bad until Ceballos came on with no forward passing and leaving too much space on the counter. I would have brought Nelson on rather than Mkhi at this point.

Very frustrating to not take advantage of everyone dropping points this weekend. Typical Arsenal I guess.

I'm less and less convinced with Emery on his tactics
texagbeliever
Guendozi was my man of the match. Everywhere on the field, driving in possession and that assist was perfect.

If only kola could hold his runs just 1 more second
TXAggie2011
AG
Eh. We scored 2 and put them under tons of duress.

I think the problems that appeared are the same problems we already knew about. Mhiki doesn't have the creativity, the defense gets reckless.

The two goals allowed weren't tactics, so much, I thought. I know we left some room between the midfield and the back line, the goals were just straight up mistakes by the players.

TXAggie2011
AG
texagbeliever said:

Guendozi was my man of the match. Everywhere on the field, driving in possession and that assist was perfect.

I have loved how he makes his presence known since his first game over a year ago.

He's starting to be crisper with his decisions and touch and really boss the game around a bit.
AggieRob93
AG
wangus12 said:

****ing Xhaka and giving away fouls

He needs gone, and that has been my opinion since his first season at the Emirates. Never been a fan of his, and though he can provide a strong long distance service and an occasional swerving strike, his negatives far outweigh too few positives.
ptothemo
AG
Looks like Mkhitaryan to Roma on season long loan is going to happen
wangus12
AG
Also looks like Mustafi could move as well
wangus12
AG
Guendouzi got called up to replace Pogba in the French squad
TXAggie2011
AG
Guendouzi is going to have himself a really nice career as a box-to-box guy if his passing and service continues its upwards trajectory.

The energy is great, he's got a great burst when on the ball, and he's playing increasingly smartly in the box-to-box role, and that mental aspect presumably will just get better with more matches.
agdoc2001
AG
wangus12 said:

Also looks like Mustafi could move as well
womp womp.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TXAggie2011
AG
Mkhitaryn loan to Roma is official.

They must be confident that Ozil is ready to play.
Idk3
AG
I was very surprised that Mik got call on Sunday instead of Nelson. Glad he's going on loan to make sure Nelson, Willock and others are getting the minutes.

He's been a decent addition for his time, but should move on now
texagbeliever
Surprised would be a very nice way to describe my reaction to Miki's introduction
wangus12
AG
Pretty dang good night for Arsenal Academy youngsters. Nketiah x 2 and Nelson for the England U21 team. Former players Gnabry and Donyell Malen both scored for the Germans and Dutch today.
MetoliusAg
Hate to say it, but I still miss Wenger. I used to check EPL standings & weekly results and trade rumors often. Now, not much. Arsene's early teams and their style of play were what made me a soccer fan and a fan of Arsenal.

Granted, the latter years under him were tantalizing but frustrating. But at least it still felt like we were still one of the big clubs.

I read a good first-person nonfiction book several years ago, My War Gone By, I Miss It So, about a British war reporter / photographer and how he and his peers get addicted to the adrenaline rush and risk and danger of covering wars.

My Arsenal Gone By, I Miss It So is how I feel about that era of Arsenal FC. Thierry Henry, Bergkamp, Viera, Petit, Pires, Campbell, Cole, Llungberg, Overmars, Van Persie, Fabregas, Seaman.

Viera, Bergkamp, and Henry were something. I'm glad I got to see them in their prime. I'll stick with the club till I die, because I'm not the type to change allegiances. Maybe we'll have another legendary longtime boss someday.

Sorry for the depressing post.
AGC
AG
You didn't take History or Eastern Europe since 1492 while at TAMU did you? That book was reading for the course and I still have it to this day.
MetoliusAg
Came across it by chance in a bookstore.
wangus12
AG
Willock signed a new contract.
wangus12
AG
texagbeliever
Instant upgrade in starter on rb and likely upgrade at lb (once match fit of course). That is really exciting. Glad the international break is over!
wangus12
AG
I think we'll see Holding and Ozil return to the starting lineup in Europa next week
texagbeliever
I hope we get good squad rotation for Europa. Getting a competitive game for both of those guys is a big boost. I just wonder if holding can displace one of luiz/sokratis for league matches.
wangus12
AG
And just like that, God taketh away.

Lacazette out until October with his ankle issue. We lasted about 24 hours with a fully fit squad.

I expect Auba up top with Reiss on the left now.
AirplaneAg09
AG
Time for Pepe to get his account opened in a hurry.
wangus12
AG
Big month for Nelson. Need him to come good. He's shown it in flashes. I think a goal does his confidence a world of good. Same with Pepe
ptothemo
AG
Yeah, I wouldn't hate it if Nelson replicates the run of games that he had last October!
Here4Beer
AG
Gunners I need some help. The wife and I will be in London over Christmas and are going to buy tickets to the match vs Chelsea. What is the best way to go about getting tickets? Should we just join the club and go directly through Arsenal?
TXAggie2011
AG
Win tomorrow and life doesn't seem so bad!
wangus12
AG
Ozil is starting today
ptothemo
AG
Yeah, that is surprising to me. Really interested to see what the shape looks like with him and Ceballos on together.
chjoak
AG
Lineup per Premier League Live...

PEA
Dani - Ozil - Pepe
Xhaka - Duezy
Kola - Sokra - Luiz - AMN
Leno
chjoak
AG
I have a feeling we are gonna be more of a diamond 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 false 9 with Ozil as the false 9.
ptothemo
AG
So, your 4-3-3, PEA on the wing and Ozil as the 9? Ceballos drops into midfield?

The thought of Ozil having to do the work to be in the false 9 just seems very not Ozil like.
texagbeliever
I think premier league formation makes sense.
Maybe switch pepe and cellabos. Auba will be more central and advanced then any of the other forwards.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.