* Liverpool 2018-2019 Thread *

91,875 Views | 1475 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by OregonAggie
gig them
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

And we're off! Liverpool get the party started; Bayern will be kicking towards the Kop in this first half. A huge roar. "Given it's completely the wrong colour, would you go so far as to say the Liverpool one is not a germane pennant?" Richard McGee, ladies and gentlemen, because somebody had to go there at some point.

I just want you guys to know that I'm proud to get this joke.
OregonAggie
AG
Is Alisson trying to give them a ****ing goal???
wangus12
AG
Isn't that the job of Liverpool's keeper in big CL matches
OregonAggie
AG
You're right. I shouldn't be surprised
OregonAggie
AG
Cmon Klopp. It's Power Cube time!!!
OregonAggie
AG
Fabinho is a dang tackling machine today.
jeffk
AG
Didn't get to watch. How'd we look for having VVD missing and midfielders playing in the back?
gig them
AG
From what I gather, 3-3 would have been just as fair as 0-0

So I'll take 0-0
AG@RICE
AG
Hendo, Fabinho, Matip and Gini were incredible in that game. Everyone else played like crap.

I think both teams can be slightly happy with that result. BM gets to go home 0-0, while Liverpool did not concede an away goal without VVD. That being said, Liverpool should feel like they wasted a fantastic performance by that midfield/CB grouping. They did a good job of containing BM's attack and generated enough good chances to win that game by 2 or 3 goals. The attacking front and outside backs were just abysmal in attack. Poor crossing, sloppy passing and, worst of all, choke job finishing.
OregonAggie
AG
jeffk said:

Didn't get to watch. How'd we look for having VVD missing and midfielders playing in the back?

Fabinho and Matip played very well in my opinion. Having Hendo, Gini, and Keita worked great in the first half and fairly well in the 2nd half. Keita was awesome today. I thought the worst defensive performance was Robbo today, as Gnabry toasted him a couple times. By worst though, I'm not saying he was horrible. I thought the D played well. Bayern looked dangerous on corners though.

We just lacked sharpness in front of goal in my opinion. Bayern's defense played well today even though they aren't fast at all
AG@RICE
AG
OregonAggie said:

jeffk said:

Fabinho and Matip played very well in my opinion. Having Hendo, Gini, and Keita worked great in the first half and fairly well in the 2nd half. Keita was awesome today. I thought the worst defensive performance was Robbo today, as Gnabry toasted him a couple times. By worst though, I'm not saying he was horrible. I thought the D played well. Bayern looked dangerous on corners though.

We just lacked sharpness in front of goal in my opinion. Bayern's defense played well today even though they aren't fast at all
I didn't mention Keita in my post, but I agree he was great. As was Milner when he came on for him.

I also thought Robbo was "horrible" for his standards. His D was terrible, but he was also so wasteful in attack
jeffk
AG
Thanks all! Did Bobby look sick?
OregonAggie
AG
jeffk said:

Thanks all! Did Bobby look sick?

Not really but wasn't in the game for spells in the 2nd half. I think that's what they subbed him out
eiggA2002
AG
At least we get Virg back and they lose Kimmich for next match. 0-0 is certainly better than 1-1. Bobby looked fine...ManU and having having the runs this week got him a little extra rest. On to Munich!
jeffk
AG
Spurs loss today was a fun way to start the weekend. Hopefully we can take it to ManU tomorrow.
Mathguy64
AG
Just in case you weren't aware, we sacked Mr Personality. The new guy seems to know what he is doing.
jeffk
AG
Lol. LFC was literally there for Jose's sacking.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if you give us either the PSG or Chelsea treatment tomorrow.
jeffk
FriedTex
AG
LETS GOOOOO
joemeister
Out in Left Field
OregonAggie
Out in Left Field
AG
The game's going to end up 10 v 10. Rashford will go down and Milner will get a red
gig them
AG
I'm pretty thankful that the Man U medical staff doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground

Some truly, truly awful first half personnel decisions
gig them
AG
We were bleh up front. Shaw was excellent... he had Salah so wrapped up that I wasn't even mad to see him subbed off.

The whole thing really seems to slow down without Bobby.
OregonAggie
AG
Man we're in a run of bad form right now. No excuse for tying that Man U squad.

Luke Shaw played a helluva game today and kept Salah out of the game. Mane looked off today...there's was also Zero sense of urgency in the last 10 minutes, specifically in stoppage time. Why the hell were our guys dicking around with the ball instead of putting it in the damn box?
gig them
AG
A draw at OT is never the worst thing... but I fear this match exposed some larger problems
redleg26
jeffk
AG
Continue to worry about our attack. We go multiple games looking listless and lacking a good mentality. Midfield and defense looked strong again, but this was a ManU team we should have beaten. Hopefully we don't regret not getting the full three points down the road.
TexasA&M
AG
I saw that tomorrow's game vs Watford is not on the regular NBCsn channel because they'll be showing Chelsea vs Spurs.

I'm sure it's been discussed before, but anyone know a good way to watch and/or track the game? (Outside of the paid nbc gold package)
gougler08
AG
TexasA&M said:

I saw that tomorrow's game vs Watford is not on the regular NBCsn channel because they'll be showing Chelsea vs Spurs.

I'm sure it's been discussed before, but anyone know a good way to watch and/or track the game? (Outside of the paid nbc gold package)

Reddit streams
TexasA&M
AG
Ok thanks! I'll check it out.
jeffk
OregonAggie
OregonAggie

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.