* Liverpool 2018-2019 Thread *

89,318 Views | 1475 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by OregonAggie
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beating City.
AG@RICE
AG
Guys, I know it was a meaningless preseason game but this Salah guy might be a half decent player for us.
gig them
AG
We need company E-2 to protect him at all times. You never know where Ramos might be hiding.
jeffk
AG
This Mane cat is alright too.
OregonAggie
AG
Transfer rumors are transfer rumors but I found this interesting - 100M Euros is a reported asking price for Pulisic...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.goal.com/en-us/amp/news/transfer-news-rumours-live-dortmund-set-pulisic-price-at/1x6w0tt60y85e1vtveoihl358e

I do think he'd look good in a red jersey!
jeffk
AG
Tell Dortmund we'll give them a Solanke and an Origi and call it even.
AG@RICE
AG
jeffk said:

Tell Dortmund we'll give them a Solanke and an Origi and call it even.

That is a ridiculous proposal. Why would you insult them with such a crap offer....you at least need to throw in Markovic.
jeffk
AG
You drive a hard bargain... I guess we'll make that concession though.
jeffk
AG
Someone finally got Klopp to talk about the CL final and Ramos. And you know? I agree 100%.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-slams-brutal-wrestler-14962190
Mathguy64
AG
On one the ref boards I read this act was debated at length. One guy is a judo participant and he said the action Ramos took was a highly illegal move in the world of judo competitions. It's grounds for immediate expulsion as the move is designed to do what it did and that is injure. Either dislocate an elbow or shoulder or break something.
AG@RICE
AG
Rumours of Fekir and Pulisic are ever present. Seems like similar dollar figures as well. *IF* both are available, my heart clearly wants the American. That being said I'm not sure which one would fit better in the squad.

Would anyone on this board actually prefer Fekir?
jeffk
AG
Beating ManU.
jeffk
AG
Nah, Pulisic and Klopp together would be a dream come true.

But I still think he stays at Dortmund.
AG@RICE
AG
Shaqiri looked great today. He definitely looks like he can play Klopp-ball. Great workrate, tons of energy...he was literally everywhere. Very different type of performance than what I have seen from him in the last year.

Oh ya, he also scored an incredible bicycle kick goal.
BenderRodriguez
AG
I know it's just preseason games, but I'm getting a really good feeling about this season.
jeffk
AG
wangus12
AG
That was just dirty
ssmason
I think Fekir would be the better player right now and might be a little cheaper, but that would be crazy for the best American to be a Red. I personally don't think it will happen this window if it happens at all because of the money it would take
OregonAggie
AG
ssmason said:

I think Fekir would be the better player right now and might be a little cheaper, but that would be crazy for the best American to be a Red. I personally don't think it will happen this window if it happens at all because of the money it would take

I agree with all of this. I think Pulisic could be better in the long run but Fekir is a better player right now. Pulisic may never be as good as Fekir.

The impact of Pulisic playing for an EPL team, as far as jersey sales and creating a big following here, probably makes him a better buy if they're similar in cost. I also think Klopp would play him, which is something he needs.
AG@RICE
AG
ssmason said:

I don't think either will move. After watching kieta and shaqiri play the attacking mid role, I'm not sure they need to break the bank for either.
JoeOlson
AG
All of this said, the Liverpool system might be the best in the world for Pulisic to shine. Would love to see him as a red
jeffk
AG
Alisson set to start this weekend.
ssmason
Does anyone subscribe to LFCTV Go? I'm thinking about doing it, but not sure if it is worth it or not. Thoughts?
OregonAggie
AG
ssmason said:

Does anyone subscribe to LFCTV Go? I'm thinking about doing it, but not sure if it is worth it or not. Thoughts?

I might sign up for this. $6.50 a month and there's a ton of content that you get.
jeffk
AG
It's every league and tournament game?
OregonAggie
AG
jeffk said:

It's every league and tournament game?

That I don't know. There's tons of interviews and analysis videos. Training videos and post game analysis as well.

They do have replays of games on there too.
jeffk
AG
Already up 2-0 over Napoli in the first half.
ssmason
Yeah 2 goals in the first 10 minutes. Really showed what we were capable of with most of our starters in the first half. Made me even more excited for the start of the league, this year has the feelings of being something special
jeffk
AG
5-0
OregonAggie
AG
Not sure where we'll end up and I don't want to say anything other than this is going to be a great year to be a Liverpool fan. We finally have depth and the overall talent increased dramatically this summer.
jeffk
AG
Beating Napoli.
eiggA2002
AG
FIFY - Torino
jeffk
AG
Same thing.
JoeOlson
AG
Shakhiri, Sturridge, Keita all look absolutely fantastic. Really glad that we were able to hold on to Daniel. I'm interested in how long it takes for Fabinho to really integrate. I love seeing him take that penalty (even with the miss)
OregonAggie
AG
I agree with all of that although I'm curious about Fabinho. There's some talk out there that when Klopp says he isn't integrated enough...he actually means he just simply isn't ready for the premier league and not that he can't actually get the system down. I'm hoping he just hasn't acclimated to the Liverpool system yet because that's a helluva price tag for a bust.

Sturridge coming off the bench and having spot starts for Firmino is going to pay dividends this year. I've seen interviews where his mood seems great and he just wants to contribute/compete all year with the club. That's great news for us. Sturridge/Firmino aren't like for like but he's definitely got talent and goal scoring ability.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.