* Liverpool 2018-2019 Thread *

88,256 Views | 1475 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by OregonAggie
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kompany is trash.
jeffk
AG
I hate Aguero but that finish was unreal. Very much in this game.
Dalton Hughes
Staff
AG
jeffk said:

I hate Aguero but that finish was unreal. Very much in this game.
Stunning, honestly.
OregonAggie
AG
I hate to say it since he just scored but he's been one of my favorite players for a while now. Dude is a helluva goal scorer.

Cmon boys we gotta open this up in the 2nd half!
OregonAggie
AG
BOBBY!!!!!

BOBBY!!!!

1-1!
BenderRodriguez
AG
I almost wsh I had been a neutral for that game.

Harder to appreciate considering the result.
jeffk
AG
Both team come out and played really attractive attacking styles. Game of inches moments as Mane's shot glanced out and Sane's glanced in. Still happy with the way the team is performing and we have a string of winnable games set for us next.

Also noteworthy that it was just about a year ago that we ended City's unbeaten run.
OregonAggie
AG
Well I didn't think we'd win them all and we lost to the champions. Could be a lot worse!
FriedTex
AG
Does Man City usually play Hey Jude by the Beatles at the end of games or was that a clever shot at Liverpool?
Ag by Vows
FriedTex said:

Does Man City usually play Hey Jude by the Beatles at the end of games or was that a clever shot at Liverpool?

I believe they play it because they first won the Championship in 1968, the same year that Hey Jude was released.

It is especially frustrating for me to hear because I became a Liverpool fan as a high schooler in 1998 for two primary reasons, one of which was because I was a diehard Beatles fan.
FriedTex
AG
Ag by Vows said:

FriedTex said:

I believe they play it because they first won the Championship in 1968, the same year that Hey Jude was released.

It is especially frustrating for me to hear because I became a Liverpool fan as a high schooler in 1998 for two primary reasons, one of which was because I was a diehard Beatles fan.

Like you, I felt like it was twisting the knife.

That was a helluva game, City controlled it and deserved it. Hopefully we will rebound and keep rolling
jeffk
AG
Managed to sell Slinky (Solanke) off to Bournemouth for a cool 19m.

Clyne heading there on loan as well.
eiggA2002
AG
Good business. I don't have a problem with either of these moves. Good profit on Solanke and Clyne was surplus and perhaps he can get plenty of playing time so that we can sell him in the summer.

This also makes me assume that Gomez and Matip are on schedule and will be back soon.
jeffk
AG
Looking like we'll be playing Mignolet and some other backups for our FA Cup match tomorrow.
OregonAggie
AG
jeffk said:

Looking like we'll be playing Mignolet and some other backups for our FA Cup match tomorrow.

I feel bad for Mignolet. Has he even played a minute this year? Dude is a goalie that should be playing somewhere.
FriedTex
AG
OregonAggie said:

jeffk said:

I feel bad for Mignolet. Has he even played a minute this year? Dude is a goalie that should be playing somewhere.

Somewhere. Just not Liverpool
OregonAggie
AG
I agree. He's a good goalie...just not good enough here.

Had Karius not had such a bad preseason, Mignolet would've been sold. Unfortunately for him, Karius didn't show up and mignolet was stuck here.
jeffk
AG
eiggA2002
AG
I'm so glad Klopp is resting our guys. I'm excited to see the youngsters get a look. PL and CL take priority over FA Cup.
eiggA2002
AG
Oh great, Lovren off with a hamstring. Just what we needed.
jeffk
AG
But now we get to see Ki-Jana Hoever!
jeffk
AG
That was something.

jeffk
AG
1-1

Don't want a tie.
jeffk
AG
Wolves up 1-2. Thank you, I think.
jeffk
AG
FA Cup is for loosers anyway.
gig them
AG
Don't caaaaare

Fewer distractions
joemeister
AG
Hoever played really well. The sad thing is that Keita, Milner (responsible for the first goal with a terrible turnover) and Sturridge all played very poorly.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
joemeister74 said:

Hoever played really well. The sad thing is that Keita, Milner (responsible for the first goal with a terrible turnover) and Sturridge all played very poorly.
So Liverpool didn't care ? Why did they put in Salah with over 20 minutes to go ?
joemeister
AG
I think they absolutely cared. Not enough to play their strongest 11, but even Wolves didn't do that. My comment had more to do with the fact that the veterans that did play, played poorly.
jeffk
AG
We quasi-cared.

Wanted to win, but not incredibly broken-up about losing.
OregonAggie
AG
gig them said:

Don't caaaaare

Fewer distractions

Yup. Win a title boys and maybe CL to boot.
OregonAggie
AG
joemeister74 said:

Keita and Milner playing poorly worries me more than Sturridge since they seem to be more part of the squad than Sturridge. Considering the depth we have on the team, a lot of these guys are going to have to get used to playing less. That will undoubtedly lead to lack of sharp play in my opinion.

We will see.

I'm curious what Klopp does with Lovren, Matip, and Gomez sidelined. I could see Fabinho at CB and I think he'll perform well there...we just can't afford another injury. I'd be surprised if he trusted Hoover in an EPL game but who knows.
jeffk
AG
Mueller suspended for both legs of our CL match-up due to his karate kick red card.
gig them
AG
I think we're going to learn a lot this weekend. If we're truly contenders, we're going to put the last two losses behind us and grab three points.

Anything less allows all sorts of nasty narratives to take hold.
jeffk
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.