2018 MLS THREAD

11,199 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by heddleston
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The ref didnt add any time for the injury there late
Wow.
stillmerk
AG
Finally on the board. 1-1 (3-2 agg).
stillmerk
AG
2-1! 3-3 on aggregate.
stillmerk
AG
Lost in pks. Jozy came out injured in the 80th. Bradley missed the final pk to seal it.
wangus12
AG
And Bradley blows it again.
aarjon
Arriba las Chivas!!
aarjon

aggiesoccer#1fan
AG
Mauro Diaz is headed to the UAE.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/06/27/report-fc-dallas-set-transfer-mauro-diaz-middle-eastern-club
PatAg
AG
aggiesoccer#1fan said:

Mauro Diaz is headed to the UAE.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/06/27/report-fc-dallas-set-transfer-mauro-diaz-middle-eastern-club
wow...did not see that coming. I also think its like that Acosta is gone after this year to an actual league in Europe and not just a massive paycheck.
bmc13
OregonAggie
AG
Zlatan is a bad damn man. Dude is damn near unstoppable tonight.
OregonAggie
AG
Damn he scored another goal right after I posted that. He's on 3 goals and an assist so far versus Orlando. He's damn near scored another couple.
jeffk
AG
MLS all-stars playing Juve tonight. Already 1-1 early in the first half.
PatAg
AG
what is this playing surface...looks awful
wangus12
AG
So do the MLS jerseys
PatAg
AG
its an exhibition, the game should just end in a tie
OregonAggie
AG
PatAg said:

Then they hand out an MVP award to a player on the losing team....
jeffk
AG
PatAg said:

Should have had the keepers take breakaway style shootout attempts.
heddleston
AG
Seattle has won 5 of 7 and 4 straight. They could very well make the playoffs again, like they have every year in their MLS history.
Markets are Superior
OregonAggie
AG
That guy is so awesome
PatAg
AG
man, I really don't know what Pareja was thinking running Walker Zimmerman out when we're starting this bum Figueroa(who is not a natural centerback)

Also ran Acosta off this year, we basically start none of our homegrown players, which is something we bragged about nonstop for a couple years
aggiesoccer#1fan
AG
Dom is a head coach again (albeit interim) as Sigi steps down at LA Galaxy.
Jacobyoung456
This should be a fun post. In two weeks or just under two weeks Houston Dynamo will play the biggest game this season. Hey FC Frisco when you win a championship then you can put a star on your shirt. If and when the Dynamo win the open cup we will take the trophy and that's that.
PatAg
AG
Jacobyoung456 said:

This should be a fun post. In two weeks or just under two weeks Houston Dynamo will play the biggest game this season. Hey FC Frisco when you win a championship then you can put a star on your shirt. If and when the Dynamo win the open cup we will take the trophy and that's that.
you ok?
Out in Left Field
AG
Pretty good DC-NYRB game. Rooney could have had a hat trick. BWP did.
Jacobyoung456
I have one rule for Houston Dynamo fans including myself. When us Aggies stay in Austin no Orange shall be Worn there. Cause at that point our Orange is just another shade of burnt Orange. Unless of course there is a game on and a bar there filled with Dynamo supporters.
Out in Left Field
AG
Josef Martinez on an absolute tear. Got his 29th and 30th goals tonight with the latter being the game winning in the 94th minute.

I'll be there Saturday night in Atlanta.
Out in Left Field
AG
DC United doing work on Montreal 5-0.

Rooney and Arriola each with 2
heddleston
AG
WHOA! THEY (maybe? probably?) SAVED THE CREW!!!!!!

http://www.espn.com/soccer/major-league-soccer/story/3667908/cleveland-browns-owners-in-negotiations-with-mls-to-buy-columbus-crew-sc
https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/10/12/cleveland-browns-owners-emerge-potential-buyers-columbus-crew-sc

Not a done deal yet, but it sounds pretty likely. Haslam as majority owner, with local minority owners who have land downtown for a new stadium. Theyre still ironing out details, but it sounds like the buyers are fighting to keep the roster in Columbus (once haslam buys, they will technically be an expansion team, keeping the history, records, etc), and Precourt takes his franchise to Austin with a new name, history, etc.
PatAg
AG
heddleston said:

WHOA! THEY (maybe? probably?) SAVED THE CREW!!!!!!

http://www.espn.com/soccer/major-league-soccer/story/3667908/cleveland-browns-owners-in-negotiations-with-mls-to-buy-columbus-crew-sc
https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/10/12/cleveland-browns-owners-emerge-potential-buyers-columbus-crew-sc

Not a done deal yet, but it sounds pretty likely. Haslam as majority owner, with local minority owners who have land downtown for a new stadium. Theyre still ironing out details, but it sounds like the buyers are fighting to keep the roster in Columbus (once haslam buys, they will technically be an expansion team, keeping the history, records, etc), and Precourt takes his franchise to Austin with a new name, history, etc.
very confusing
heddleston
AG
Yeah, I'm not sure i understand it, but the Save the Crew people are basically hung their Mission Accomplished banners yesterday like its essentially a done deal. I would imagine Precourt wants to keep the players/technical staff, but I'm assuming that if this went thru, the 2019 season Crew would be Haslams' and Austin wont be ready by then. It doesn't make sense for a roster to sit out a year, so i dunno. So i guess Precourt hangs on 1 more year in Cbus then they go, and 2020 Crew are a full expansion, or Austin essentially becomes the expansion in all but name/ownership.
Out in Left Field
AG
Ridiculous free kick from Rooney.
wangus12
AG
I want to see him so badly. Hope they come to Dallas next year
oragator
That ain't no lie,

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.