Manchester United 2017-18 Thread

77,467 Views | 1468 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by datrixstunna
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Scored directly off of a corner? Wow, that's a new way for Mourinho to grind out a win
bagger05
AG
Free kick. Kinda weird the way it went down.

boogieman
AG
Nice! #rashgod
ScottishFire
AG
Things we never thought we would say:

"We need Fellaini"
Dre_00
120 minutes since Liverpool...1 lucky ass goal due to a goalie error. I'm telling you those Liverpool tactics had a knock on effect on this team's offense. Unless they pull 3 goals out of their ass against Huddersfield, they'll be getting nothing out of this game.
gougler08
AG
Wtf was that from Lindelof on the 2nd goal
ScottishFire
AG
Jose is definitely not pleased with Mata and Martialsubbed off at half.

Although Mata's turnover directly led to the first goal.
Dre_00
I would have subbed off Lingard instead of Martial. Maybe too attacking but you need 3 goals and Lingard isn't as offensively gifted as Martial.
datrixstunna
AG
This team is back to being dire. They lose confidence so quickly and so easily. Mentally weak.
ScottishFire
AG
I don't think they lost confidence. They fought the entire last 55 mins of the game and controlled the ball for most of it.
Phil Jones' injury is when things went sour.
datrixstunna
AG
That is an excuse, the loss of a defender doesn't cause the team to not score.
OregonAggie
AG
datrixstunna said:

This team is back to being dire. They lose confidence so quickly and so easily. Mentally weak.

They're just flat out overrated.
ScottishFire
AG
The biggest problem for this team is we don't have a true #10. There's no attacking, creative midfield play from the center. Teams are now just doubling up on Lukaku, and he is limited on touches and hold up play. Mhiki and Mata just don't cut it as center mids up top.
Griezmann was a big miss.
planoaggie123
AG
Just watched the game. Pretty awful. I agree on lack of creativity which was a problem last year too. I do also think they have started to read how good they have been playing and just laid an egg. They were not going to go unbeaten obviously...this was hopefully a wake up call before Tottenham next week
datrixstunna
AG
There is no wake up call for this team. It is a downward spiral for this squad. Too many injuries, too many excuses, too many negative tactics. It's going to be the same decline as last year
byfLuger41
ScottishFire
AG
I personally think it's way too early to call the season. They are in 2nd, five points behind the leader, and play the leader twice in the future. Let's wait until Boxing Day for the doom and gloom chatter.

They played a poor game the last two weeks, but they haven't played a poor season.
datrixstunna
AG
Noneventful 2-0 win over Swansea in the league cup.
ja86
AG
Dang, completely forgot about it.
Dre_00
You're gonna hit rough patches over the course of a 38 game season. Question is how long it lasts for. I'm cautiously optimistic but we'll see.

Undoubtedly there's been progress since last year.
ScottishFire
AG
We beat a full strength Swansea that need this cup more than us. We did it with 8-9 backups, and our 4th or potentially 5th Midfielder (Lingard) scored both goals.

There's a lot of room to be optimistic, and I have a feeling this team is going to do us proud against Tottenham this weekend.
ja86
AG
fyi, away to Bristol City in the next round in league cup action
datrixstunna
AG
Harry Kane is supposedly out of tomorrow's match with a hamstring strain. Something tells me he will just fine.
Dre_00
Won't matter if we don't significantly up our game.

Worth remembering that we're missing arguably our best player. Pogba was playing very well before he got injured and had a real chemistry building with Lukaku.
datrixstunna
AG
I don't see United winning this match. Jose will once again sit back and be happy with 1 point, while City keep collecting 3 points.
Mathguy64
AG
Bailly is back, thats a plus. Fellaini is still out, thats a minus.

If this were a road match, Jose would definitely be playing for the tie. With the loss last week to Huddleston and being at OT I have a suspicion that he goes for the win.
ScottishFire
AG
He will definitely go for the win.
City has West Brom and Chelsea has Bournemouth; he can't afford to walk way with 1 point.

I think they win by 2 goals.
datrixstunna
AG
John Moss is a dunce. Falls for every spur "fall".
Mathguy64
AG
Meh. I got up at 6:15 after the late night of baseball for nothing. At least Jose didn't just sit back in a shell. For the first time I thought we keenly missed Pogba or Fellaini. There just isnt any linkage between the midfield and front line and it probably starts with the back 3 not transferring the ball to anyone in the midfield. It's balls over the top or nothing.
Thunder18
AG
Lol yea that call on Phil Jones should have been a yellow to Alli for simulation... not even close!
Thunder18
AG
Dembele should've been carded, he is acting like a straight *****
Thunder18
AG
Lukaku off the post, damn
datrixstunna
AG
I hope we score and win just as a **** you to John Moss. Not even trying to hide his Bias.
Mathguy64
AG
Pretty sure Moss just screwed up. He played advantage correctly and pointed back at the spot to indicate he would come back and card the Spur for the foul, which looked pretty reckless. When the ball finally went out he didn't do anything.
Mathguy64
AG
Score!!!!!!

Martial being the super sub once again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.