Story Poster
Texas A&M Football Recruiting

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

September 25, 2024

TexAgs' recruiting analyst Jason Howell joined TexAgs Live on Wednesday morning for another edition of Recruiting Country, highlighting the latest news and notes from the recruiting trail surrounding Texas A&M.

Key notes from Recruiting Country

• I have a possum under my patio. I need to go to Lowes and get a trap. 

• It was a good visit list. You have several committed prospects. You had a tight end committed to Bowling Green, Jeremiah Scoby‍. Daylan McCutcheon‍ was in town. He is committed to Florida State. He was in town with his dad.

• A‍&M commit Chace Sims‍ was back in town. He is committed, but has an OV scheduled to Texas this weekend. We will see what happens with that visit. You had Dequane Prevo‍ and several other 2026 guys here. Bryce Perry-Wright‍, Joseph Credit‍ and Jakoby Dixon‍. He was in Brauny’s Best this week. It was several guys that already had offers.

• Daylan is a technician. He does a great job of switching gears and creating separation. He is quick in and out of his cuts. He is an advanced route runner. He is one the best in the state for a reason. He could come in and make an impact early on in his career.

• With Florida State, when the team is underperforming, you start to see things. That offense hasn't lit the world on fire. Team will slide in and say, “Look at us.” That happened at A&M. McCutcheon has known coach Holmon Wiggins since Alabama. There is a relationship there. When you have an underperforming program, you will see others circle. 

• Chace Sims and Richmond Randle have been blowing out teams. He has been dominant. We love how active and athletic on tape is. Albert Regis was the comparison. He is a bit bigger. He can flat-out get after it sideline to sideline. Teams won't be successful running at or running away from him. We have him as a four-star. He has been underrated. 

• Jabari Brady‍ is a big receiver A&M has been recruiting for a bit. He is a guy to keep an eye on. One of the top receivers in the 2026 class.

• Bryce Perry-Wright has been to A&M a few times. He really likes the vibe at A&M. He has been on the radar for a long time. A&M getting him on campus again is a big deal. He is not naming favorites, but the interest he has shown is telling. He will be one of the top guys in the Southeast.

• KAdrian Redmond‍ is still very raw. He can move. He is one of these guys who didn't have publicity at camp but picked up offers in the spring. As a 2027, you don't see guys who can get down the line like he does. He made it back to town. He is a guy that I would put on the watch list. He brings a lot to the table. 

• Marco Jones‍ is a phenomenal edge threat and plays a lot off the ball. Noah Mikhail‍ has been lighting it up on both sides of the ball. He will be there this weekend. A lot of people wanted to see Kelvion Riggins‍ play the linebacker position the way it needs to be played. He is playing a real smart brand of football. 

• At the Southwest Classic, the home team gets to invite guys and leave tickets. They can't go on the field or meet coaches. They get to feel the vibes. It's not the same experience as a home game, but it's a unique environment.

• Michael Terry III‍ is a three-team race with A&M not in the mix. Texas, Nebraska and Oregon.

• They flipped Rashad Johnson‍ from Georgia. They had Daylan McCutcheon on campus. He is obviously interested. Lamont Rogers‍ and Zion Williams‍ have been on campus before. You never know. We have talked about Jerome Myles‍, Trey McNutt III‍ and Linkon Cure‍. There are guys I wouldn’t give up on. A&M recently offered a Florida commit. Javion Hilson‍ decommitted from Florida State. He is looking at A&M. You have options out there. I feel good about the chance of flips coming A&M’s way.

• Top eight is where A&M has a very realistic chance of being. They still have a shot at a top-four or five class in the country.
Discussion from...

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

2,936 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Jason Howell
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.