Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

No more camping out for more than one night for ticket pull

9,740 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by 20ag07
BLSmith04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

There's gonna be a massive land rush for the t.u. ticket pull if they actually enforce this. It's gonna be a disaster. Apparently the people that are out there right now camping out for Notre Dame got in trouble today
BLSmith04
AG
Complete updated policies from the Division of Student Affairs: https://studentaffairs.tamu.edu/tent-policy-for-ticket-pull/
TecRecAg
AG
One of my best memories of college was camping out for 3 days for LSU Cotton Bowl tickets.
Bill Superman
AG
TecRecAg said:

One of my best memories of college was camping out for 3 days for LSU Cotton Bowl tickets.
You can camp for… 6 nights.
sawemoff2010
AG
Bill Superman said:

TecRecAg said:

You can camp for… 6 nights.
Doesn't ticket pull start on Monday?
The Zookeeper
AG
One would think in this day and age, and with all the advancements in technology at a university level .... some brainiac could figure a way to ... i dunno ... do it all digitally online.

I would think that the days of camping out should be over/done with.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Online ticket drops universally suck, so hell no to that.

Keep ticket pull the way it is.
KCup17
AG
They have said this since I was in school and I have yet to see anyone enforce it…
NoahAg
Just have everyone write their name on a list of some sort.
Aggie Dad Sip
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

Somebody somewhere said the same thing about air conditioners back in the day…
HowdyAgs03
AG
Old man yelling at the clouds comment incoming...

Since the first person that pulls on Monday morning has the same chance of getting "good" seats as the last person to pull on Monday, there is no point to camping out for tickets. However, I do get the appeal for some to participate in camping out for tickets so I think this change is a good compromise.
Aggie Dad 26
HowdyAgs03 said:

Since the first person that pulls on Monday morning has the same chance of getting "good" seats as the last person to pull on Monday, there is no point to camping out for tickets. However, I do get the appeal for some to participate in camping out for tickets so I think this change is a good compromise.

This is why we can't have nice things
AgsMnn
AG
So now they will have a camp out to get in line to camp out.
The Ghost of Johnny
AG
AgsMnn said:

So now they will have a camp out to get in line to camp out.

We're not in line. We're just camping out as we wait to get in line. I was here first, though.
Logos Stick
HowdyAgs03 said:

That is not statistically correct.
greg.w.h
AG
The Zookeeper said:

One would think in this day and age, and with all the advancements in technology at a university level .... some brainiac could figure a way to ... i dunno ... do it all digitally online.

I would think that the days of camping out should be over/done with.
Jist like the old parking sticker…an all-sports pass is a hunting license not a guarantee…
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I am not surprised that Texas A&M officials banned ticket lines from forming before 6:00 AM on the Sunday before the week of the ticket pull. It's ridiculous how there is already an adequate online system set up for non-local students, but main campus students can't use it. I understand the appeal of standing for hours in a line and missing class to get tickets you already paid for, but it shouldn't be a tradition.

https://www.reddit.com/r/aggies/comments/x0rl39/our_ticket_pull_system_is_the_most_inefficient/
cavjock88
AG
NoahAg said:

Just have everyone write their name on a list of some sort.

And baste the paper in some god awful tasting ****.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Aggie Dad Sip said:

Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

Somebody somewhere said the same thing about air conditioners back in the day…

Really dumb analogy.
One was a hardware issue and the other is a software issue.
BartInLA
Timing is VERY important! You have to know when to PULL OUT.

If you don't believe me, ask one of my six children.

Edit: Sorry I read the title wrong.
Stat Monitor Repairman
"Eat donuts not lists"

-Coach Fran
Divining Rod
set up your machines mobily and announce the location of ticket pull 1 hour prior...
Redaggie250
AG
Nothing like forcing other people to do what you want when you don't have to do it yourself anymore right? You are out of college why are you trying to dictate what the students have to do? Why force them to have to camp out just for tickets. Are you other proud to be outdated and archaic?
maroongoon95
AG
Rumor has it Listeater paid and unknown Regent lucrative amounts of money to begin this new policy.
Missouri Boat Ride
AG
I remember being at the listeater ticket pull. I showed up with a folding chair, dominoes, a 20 pack of nuggets and a 30 pack of stones. outstanding memory.
cevans_40
AG
Redaggie250 said:

Nothing like forcing other people to do what you want when you don't have to do it yourself anymore right? You are out of college why are you trying to dictate what the students have to do? Why force them to have to camp out just for tickets. Are you other proud to be outdated and archaic?

I mean who cares about having a truly fair process?
20ag07
Quote:

Why force them to have to camp out just for tickets. Are you other proud to be outdated and archaic?
Nobody's forcing anybody to camp out. Plenty of tickets to be had without camping out.

College kids are college kids.

It's an eyesore. But they should have made it 6AM Friday before pull on Monday since we don't have any games in interferes. If college kids wanna do college kid stuff all weekend, let em.
LB12Diamond
AG
Makes sense to me. Of course the best path was having a friend in the ticket office. That one helped more than anything.

Important friends in college
Bartenders, ticket office worker and student government.
RealMcCoy09
AG
What could possibly go wrong? I would think the students would eat up that idea, but it could be too much to stomach.
TexAg1987
"I'm not camping out for tickets, I'm camping out to get into line for tickets."
AgBQ-00
AG
It's going to be like Pamplona for big games
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Redaggie250 said:

I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. And unless you're a current student there's some serious irony in your post if you're advocating for the process to change. I was in school and ticket pulling more recently than 90%+ of the posters on this board, the process is fine.
When is the last time you tried to get tickets in a ticket drop online to an event with a really high demand? It doesn't work. And A&M wouldn't get it right before the billion dollar ticket sales companies. Hell they aren't all that good at the online class registration process as is, and they are able to stagger those times throughout an entire couple of weeks and have had that set up for decades. 10,000 students trying to do the exact same action at the exact same time on an A&M website would be an awful experience.
Lastly, so much about A&M that is celebrated and awesome is outdated, so yeah I guess I'm pretty proud.
NyAggie
AG
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

Just curious as to why online ticket drops suck; I would think it'd be easier than having to camp out for tickets
NoahAg
Maybe online pull would stop the ticket workers from giving the good tickets to their friends. In five years of going to games I don't think I ever got tickets between the 25 yard lines.
JJxvi
AG
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

Redaggie250 said:

I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. And unless you're a current student there's some serious irony in your post if you're advocating for the process to change. I was in school and ticket pulling more recently than 90%+ of the posters on this board, the process is fine.
When is the last time you tried to get tickets in a ticket drop online to an event with a really high demand? It doesn't work. And A&M wouldn't get it right before the billion dollar ticket sales companies. Hell they aren't all that good at the online class registration process as is, and they are able to stagger those times throughout an entire couple of weeks and have had that set up for decades. 10,000 students trying to do the exact same action at the exact same time on an A&M website would be an awful experience.
Lastly, so much about A&M that is celebrated and awesome is outdated, so yeah I guess I'm pretty proud.
These arent public tickets, and there is no reason to have a drop time where everyone tries to get in at the same time any more than there is a need to have a line.

There should just be a deadline by which all pass holders have to indicate that they want to go and group their passes together online, and then the ticket allocation runs to everyone who submitted before the deadline and the whole campus gets their tickets at the same time.

I imagine the main resistance to this way of doing it would be from the most redass who will feel that they have to have a way to prove that they "deserve" better or faster or more guaranteed tickets and need a way to demonstrate this by proving their willingness to camp out for days or whatever.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.