Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

No more camping out for more than one night for ticket pull

9,859 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by 20ag07
20ag07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm guessing all the ones sitting out there 10 days early right now for no real reason, other than "somebody else started it, so now I'm jumping in too", would disagree with you.
aeon-ag
NoahAg said:

Just have everyone write their name on a list of some sort.
OH NO, THE RETURN OF THE LIST EATER!!!
WC94
AG
The current Texas law defines the offense of Prohibited Camping in Penal Code Section 48.05 as follows: (b) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally or knowingly camps in a public place without the effective consent of the officer or agency having the legal duty or authority to manage the public place.
Z Team
AG
WC94 said:

The current Texas law defines the offense of Prohibited Camping in Penal Code Section 48.05 as follows: (b) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally or knowingly camps in a public place without the effective consent of the officer or agency having the legal duty or authority to manage the public place.
So we can blame this on austin and tu? I approve!
Redaggie250
They don't have any other choice dude lmao. If they want good tickets they have to be out there now
20ag07
No, they don't. Nobody from the ticket office said "the line opens on August 18th".

The kids just wanted to.

If somebody wants to work harder to get something, more power to them.

You're young. You'll learn that it's either doing that, or paying $$$ for it later in life.
Redaggie250
Kids wanted to because they want the best tickets. They wouldn't do it if they had a choice you bum
20ag07
One day, when you're older (and you should have learned this at A&M, but apparently didn't), you'll know that a "bum" is quite the opposite of someone who thinks people willing to work harder should get better things.

A "bum" is someone who wants to sanitize the college experience into something that can be done on their iPhone, so that no one has to work, everything is equal, and college kids have more time to play Xbox.
Redaggie250
Cry some more your tears are so sweet
ahou614
AG
We camped out for the Holiday Bowl in 06. We may or may not have snuck onto the field via G Rollie White. One of my best college memories. That and the UT vs AM Basketball disaster where the line devolved and we all filled the tunnel waiting for tickets. We ended up being sent home, and thats how the lottery system was formed.
spherical
AG
For the first and only time as a student… I was seriously considering skipping a home game, the '02 OU game. Had been a crap season so far, and I could get home for a weekend.

After walking and waiting in a torrential downpour for tickets I decided "well I'm sure as hell not skipping after going through all that"

if ticket pull was online I'd still be kicking myself.
DelValAg
Missouri Boat Ride said:

I remember being at the listeater ticket pull. I showed up with a folding chair, dominoes, a 20 pack of nuggets and a 30 pack of stones. outstanding memory.
A urinal, a nine iron a roll of duct tape, a gorilla and a strobe light
spherical
AG
Redaggie250 said:

Go and ask college kids what they would rather do there is a 0% chance they say camping out for tickets if given the choice between online and in person pull

True- but they also spend all their money on DoorDash fees.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Never camped for tickets. Always had great seats.
Charlie 31
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Never camped for tickets. Always had great seats.
The Fightin' Texas Aggie Band!!!
TexasRebel
AG
Seems like they are just trying to prevent pull camps from forming before the prior game is over.
87_Was_Long_Ago
AG
its been a million years since I'm an OLD, but I know for a fact that more than a few people who camped out and partied weren't even going to the game, so that would seem to indicate much more than "getting better seats" was/is going on.
Decay
AG
Have we had someone from the ticket office come and claim they never give their friends front row second deck

Because I love when they say that, and yet every week the same people were in the best seats when they took the stadium picture
LB12Diamond
AG
Decay said:

Have we had someone from the ticket office come and claim they never give their friends front row second deck

Because I love when they say that, and yet every week the same people were in the best seats when they took the stadium picture

Yes, this

Only time I ever got these seats was because a friend of a friend had a ticket office connection.
agracer
AG
HowdyAgs03 said:

Old man yelling at the clouds comment incoming...

Since the first person that pulls on Monday morning has the same chance of getting "good" seats as the last person to pull on Monday, there is no point to camping out for tickets. However, I do get the appeal for some to participate in camping out for tickets so I think this change is a good compromise.
1991 TU Game, buddy camped out for several nights. Got seats on the 2nd deck near the enzone Monday AM.

I walked up to the 1st deck line at 6AM Monday, got my tickets around noon and was on the 40 yard line.

Also, just remembered if you were attending with an upper classmen, you could pull tickets with them. So my Brother and his friends would pull, and take my ID and some of my friends and pull JR/SR day when we were FS/SO's. That was the only way underclass men could get good seats. Of course you did not have your ID to get into Sabisa for a few hours and hopefully could find whomever had the ID's and was pulling tickets before lunch/dinner!
spherical
AG
agracer said:

HowdyAgs03 said:

Old man yelling at the clouds comment incoming...

Since the first person that pulls on Monday morning has the same chance of getting "good" seats as the last person to pull on Monday, there is no point to camping out for tickets. However, I do get the appeal for some to participate in camping out for tickets so I think this change is a good compromise.
1991 TU Game, buddy camped out for several nights. Got seats on the 2nd deck near the enzone Monday AM.

I walked up to the 1st deck line at 6AM Monday, got my tickets around noon and was on the 40 yard line.

Also, just remembered if you were attending with an upper classmen, you could pull tickets with them. So my Brother and his friends would pull, and take my ID and some of my friends and pull JR/SR day when we were FS/SO's. That was the only way underclass men could get good seats. Of course you did not have your ID to get into Sabisa for a few hours and hopefully could find whomever had the ID's and was pulling tickets before lunch/dinner!

Yep- pull was definitely tiered.
AtlAg05
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Decay said:

Yes, this

Only time I ever got these seats was because a friend of a friend had a ticket office connection.

I am guilty of this for the '02 OU game and it was awesome.
20ag07
Best part is, you have to have a friend in the ticket office to even get a job there, sothat same circle of friends keeps those on total lockdown.
Decay
AG
So why did people always bend over backwards to deny it? Are they not supposed to be doing it?
20ag07
" Welcome to Fight Club. The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club!"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.