Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Notre Dame board is worried about their offensive line vs A&M

16,631 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by LB12Diamond
StinkyPinky
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LB12Diamond said:

It was Penn States 3rd game, not first and it was on Sept 17th. Against a horrible Auburn team and Penn State probably their best team in a decade.

Do you really think the heat and humidity will not help in two weeks? To each their own.

But as I pointed out with Buffalo Miami example. Miami has hardly ever won in Buffalo if they have to play there late in the season. And vice versa for Buffalo. They don't like playing at Miami early in the schedule. I just laugh at the same posters always having to play the contrarian role on every thread.

Alright guys. The heat/humidity difference does not help one bit. Those from from the Midwest when they visit the south in August always think it's awesome. Give me some more of this weather. Heck, even ones that live here, me included hate August.
my two oldest kids go to A&M and have been home all summer with us in Minnesota. They left two days ago and now back in CS preparing for classes next week. Both (and very active/athletic) are already crying about how freaking awful it is to go for a run and dying (in their minds) fretting how long it will take to adjust again. Not the same as a football team, but really it is…
StinkyPinky
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Here's my evidence. I grew up in the panhandle of Texas. My Freshman year in 92 when I went to A&M, I was like, this humidity sucks!!!!!!!!!!
Truth!
well_endowed_ag
StinkyPinky said:

well_endowed_ag said:

StinkyPinky said:

LB12Diamond said:

Thinking the heat and more specifically the humidity is not a benefit is a mistake. What's next, are you going to also state when Miami has to go play up in Buffalo in December, it does not help Buffalo?
Having grown up in South Texas and now living in the midwest, we absolutely have an edge. It matters.

Can you point to any games in recent history where you think practicing in the heat meaningfully helped us win at Kyle Field against a team that doesn't practice in the heat?
Now you're trying too hard to win a debate where there are no winners. I get your point and definitely some truth to it, but it absolutely is a factor if you aren't used to it. Sorry, this isn't that black and white to start citing evidence.

I just want to know if there's ANY evidence
StinkyPinky
AG
well_endowed_ag said:

StinkyPinky said:

well_endowed_ag said:

StinkyPinky said:

LB12Diamond said:

Thinking the heat and more specifically the humidity is not a benefit is a mistake. What's next, are you going to also state when Miami has to go play up in Buffalo in December, it does not help Buffalo?
Having grown up in South Texas and now living in the midwest, we absolutely have an edge. It matters.

Can you point to any games in recent history where you think practicing in the heat meaningfully helped us win at Kyle Field against a team that doesn't practice in the heat?
Now you're trying too hard to win a debate where there are no winners. I get your point and definitely some truth to it, but it absolutely is a factor if you aren't used to it. Sorry, this isn't that black and white to start citing evidence.

Kind of agree with the other poster. I think most of your posts are for your own amusement. Not interested in entertaining you. You really don't need evidence do you?
one safe place
The temperature on the field can make a difference. It will come down to which team can rotate in fresh players and which team has the most big fat guys. A lot of college players might weigh a lot but some of them, more than a few, are huge and appear obese. Heat will weed those out if they are in for most of the plays.
LB12Diamond
AG
StinkyPinky said:

well_endowed_ag said:

StinkyPinky said:

well_endowed_ag said:

StinkyPinky said:

LB12Diamond said:

Kind of agree with the other poster. I think most of your posts are for your own amusement. Not interested in entertaining you. You really don't need evidence do you?

This quote from Mark Twain applies.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

I already applied evidence of Miami and Buffalo. Teams that play every year. He does not want evidence. We just wants to annoy. I ignore pretty much every one of his post.
AggieDub04
AG
well_endowed_ag said:

StinkyPinky said:

LB12Diamond said:

Here are the games over the past 10 years (2014-2023) that featured a northern P5 (or ND) team traveling to a coastal SEC team in August/September (coastal means the state they're in has a southern coast).

Alabama

2018 Louisville - 55-14 win. Louisville is technically in Kentucky but it's almost Indiana. This Louisville team went 2-10 and was awful so not much to tell from this game.

2015 Wisconsin - 35-17 win. Based on Sagarin Bama should've been an 18 point favorite so right in line.

Overall a push for Bama but they've been great for over a decade.

Auburn

2015 Louisville - 31-24 win. Based on Sagarin a 4 point Auburn spread so slightly better performance.

2018 Washington - 21-16 win. This game should've been a toss up so 5 point swing toward Auburn.

2019 Oregon - 27-21. Oregon should've been a two point favorite so 8 point swing toward Auburn.

2022 Penn St - 41-12 loss. This was an awful 5-7 Auburn team. Penn State should've been a 16 point favorite but this was a stomping.

Games mostly favored Auburn.

Ole Miss

2021 Louisville - 43-24 win. 13 point favorite so Ole Miss outperformed.

Miss St

2015 Northwestern - 62-13 win. 21 point favorite toward Miss St so they overperformed.

Georgia

2019 Notre Dame - 23-17 win. Sagarin pegs Georgia as a 7 point favorite so in line.

2022 Oregon - 49-3 win. Georgia should've won by 17 so this is a major advantage toward Georgia.

Favorite toward Georgia but that 2022 team was a monster.

Florida

2017 Michigan - 33-17 Loss. Based on Sagarin this is a 17 point Wolverine advantage so right in line.

Played even.

Texas A&M

No games to draw from.

LSU

2016 Wisconsin - 16-14 Loss. LSU should've been a 4 point favorite so swing away from Tigers.

2017 Syracuse - 35-26 win. 18 point Sagarin lean toward LSU so closer by 9 points.

Games mostly did not favor the Tigers.

Conclusion

On the whole there is a shift toward the southern team beyond just home field advantage but it's not worth more than a few points.
ahpetty33
AG
well_endowed_ag said:

StinkyPinky said:

well_endowed_ag said:

StinkyPinky said:

LB12Diamond said:

You are positioning your argument as if there is a constant stream of northern invaders at Kyle field that we are fending off every August, and it's everyone else's job to produce an example for you. I can't even remember the last northern team that came to Kyle field in general, so how can we say anything to the contrary? We kicked Montana state's ass in 2007, does that count?
greg.w.h
AG
Corollary…talking about it more doesn't make it more meaningful…except in an "SEC just means more" kind of emotional claim?!?
AggielandPoultry
AG
I predict ND False starts all day with the 12th man Noise on Defence.
well_endowed_ag
AggieDub04 said:

well_endowed_ag said:

StinkyPinky said:

LB12Diamond said:

Here are the games over the past 10 years (2014-2023) that featured a northern P5 (or ND) team traveling to a coastal SEC team in August/September (coastal means the state they're in has a southern coast).

Alabama

2018 Louisville - 55-14 win. Louisville is technically in Kentucky but it's almost Indiana. This Louisville team went 2-10 and was awful so not much to tell from this game.

2015 Wisconsin - 35-17 win. Based on Sagarin Bama should've been an 18 point favorite so right in line.

Overall a push for Bama but they've been great for over a decade.

Auburn

2015 Louisville - 31-24 win. Based on Sagarin a 4 point Auburn spread so slightly better performance.

2018 Washington - 21-16 win. This game should've been a toss up so 5 point swing toward Auburn.

2019 Oregon - 27-21. Oregon should've been a two point favorite so 8 point swing toward Auburn.

2022 Penn St - 41-12 loss. This was an awful 5-7 Auburn team. Penn State should've been a 16 point favorite but this was a stomping.

Games mostly favored Auburn.

Ole Miss

2021 Louisville - 43-24 win. 13 point favorite so Ole Miss outperformed.

Miss St

2015 Northwestern - 62-13 win. 21 point favorite toward Miss St so they overperformed.

Georgia

2019 Notre Dame - 23-17 win. Sagarin pegs Georgia as a 7 point favorite so in line.

2022 Oregon - 49-3 win. Georgia should've won by 17 so this is a major advantage toward Georgia.

Favorite toward Georgia but that 2022 team was a monster.

Florida

2017 Michigan - 33-17 Loss. Based on Sagarin this is a 17 point Wolverine advantage so right in line.

Played even.

Texas A&M

No games to draw from.

LSU

2016 Wisconsin - 16-14 Loss. LSU should've been a 4 point favorite so swing away from Tigers.

2017 Syracuse - 35-26 win. 18 point Sagarin lean toward LSU so closer by 9 points.

Games mostly did not favor the Tigers.

Conclusion

On the whole there is a shift toward the southern team beyond just home field advantage but it's not worth more than a few points.

I don't think there are enough data points there to establish a correlation. But I appreciate the information. Can you provide an analysis of every early season game of a south vs north team for the last 20 years in all conferences? We might be able to draw some supportable conclusions from that.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Here's my evidence.

Try jacking off into a Port-o-John in the Middle East.

A true test of determination and grit. I don't know how people had sex in there but them Soldiers be nasty.

So maybe that's how we implement this test. Line up some ****ters on Kyle and see which team can finish blow their load first at 2:30PM on August 31st
WC94
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Here's my evidence.

A true test of determination and grit. I don't know how people had sex in there but them Soldiers be nasty.

So maybe that's how we implement this test. Line up some ****ters on Kyle and see which team can finish blow their load first at 2:30PM on August 31st

Username does not check out. Must have been 3-4 bourbons deep on that post. Well done.
AggieZUUL
AG
The lazy river is gonna be boiling that day, my friends.
romanagg11
Oh don't worry, with gameday there… ****ttn the bed is tradition.
AGpops1923
aggiebird02 said:

well_endowed_ag said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

B-1 83 said:

And it's going to be hot down on that turf…..in Texas……in August…..

Well endowed told me the temperature wouldn't have much of an effect. Cause South Bend is hot too lol

In general, the claim that temperature will impart a meaningful benefit to one team over another is not really supported. It's almost always a non-factor. I'm not saying it won't have any impact at all. I acknowledge it is about 20 degrees cooler in South Bend. But for the most part, the whole "such and such team isn't ready for the hot/cold/humidity that we live in" thing is fan fiction.

You seem to have a personal problem with me. I'm just sharing my opinions like everyone else. Are you ok?
Your posts (for the most part), are terrible. I have no personal problem with you, but your posts are often times not worth reading nor engaging back. You're also kind of a crybaby.

So now I'm blocking you…

Edit: Having said that, I'd also like to add that Aggie dad 26 is an even worse poster than you…

aggiebird02 said:

well_endowed_ag said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

B-1 83 said:

Well endowed told me the temperature wouldn't have much of an effect. Cause South Bend is hot too lol

In general, the claim that temperature will impart a meaningful benefit to one team over another is not really supported. It's almost always a non-factor. I'm not saying it won't have any impact at all. I acknowledge it is about 20 degrees cooler in South Bend. But for the most part, the whole "such and such team isn't ready for the hot/cold/humidity that we live in" thing is fan fiction.

You seem to have a personal problem with me. I'm just sharing my opinions like everyone else. Are you ok?
Your posts (for the most part), are terrible. I have no personal problem with you, but your posts are often times not worth reading nor engaging back. You're also kind of a crybaby.

So now I'm blocking you…

Edit: Having said that, I'd also like to add that Aggie dad 26 is an even worse poster than you…

I see no reason to go after endowed. Sure his posts are of the rambling type and notoriously vague. It's basically him trying to spin his opinion as fact. Phrases and words like
May
Likely
I'm not saying
I'm saying

But he does have some good points albeit in an annoyingly coy way.
Meximan
well_endowed_ag said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

B-1 83 said:

Heat is known to cause problems, teams not used to it get more cramps

And it ain't just hot here, it's f***ing humid as s***

The other day it was 88 F... at 3am in the morning. That's the HIGH in South Bend.
Meximan
WC94 said:

Aggie Therapist said:

Here's my evidence.

Username does not check out. Must have been 3-4 bourbons deep on that post. Well done.
Well, y'know, sometimes therapy means tough love and blowing a couple loads
GarryowenAg
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Here's my evidence.

LMAO I can attest to this.
AGpops1923
GarryowenAg said:

Aggie Therapist said:

Here's my evidence.

I as well. No such thing as cold showers during Desert Storm.
well_endowed_ag
AGpops1923 said:

aggiebird02 said:

well_endowed_ag said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

B-1 83 said:

So now I'm blocking you…

aggiebird02 said:

well_endowed_ag said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

B-1 83 said:

So now I'm blocking you…

I see no reason to go after endowed. Sure his posts are of the rambling type and notoriously vague. It's basically him trying to spin his opinion as fact. Phrases and words like
May
Likely
I'm not saying
I'm saying

Thanks, buddy. I'm not saying you're right that I am vague, but it may be that I likely am vague about some things I may or may not say. But I am generally always mostly right.
He is Ass My Dude
One bench will have to deal with the sun.the other, not so much.
StinkyPinky
AG
AGpops1923 said:

aggiebird02 said:

well_endowed_ag said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

B-1 83 said:

So now I'm blocking you…

aggiebird02 said:

well_endowed_ag said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

B-1 83 said:

So now I'm blocking you…

May
Likely
I'm not saying
I'm saying

I have no issue with anyone on here (Tanker being the only exception). But I think most people are reacting to his larger body of work through all of his user names he's had on here. At least this one he has attempted to tone it down.
halfastros81
AG
Meh. 630 pm kickoff. Direct sun not going to be much of a factor if any. Heat and humidity… perhaps a different story.
Aggie Dad 26
well_endowed_ag said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

B-1 83 said:

Maybe you do now but you clearly didn't about 4 or 5 weeks ago
Aggie Dad 26
Weather

Tuesday, Aug 20

College Station, TX
104F high
80F low

South Bend, IN
75F High
50 Low
RAB83
AG
Fishwrangler11 said:

On the offensive line, probably about the same skill BUT I'd take Weigman from a mobility standpoint any day over their QB. Also, it's very different to practice behind a bad OL versus play. He hasn't played behind a bad OL where Weigman has.

For the weather conditions, my boss just moved this summer to just north of Indy says it basically feels like fall up there. So don't tell me you can replicate 80% humidity and 100 degree temps practicing up there. It's the same advantage the Broncos or Nuggets get playing in the altitude. Doesn't matter your conditioning. You can't prepare for it unless you're in it a week ahead of time.

If ND is significantly better sure, it shouldn't matter, BUT if the game is truly a pick'em from a talent standpoint, I'd certainly say it makes a difference.

Either way, I'm planning on hollerin' my a$$ off if these Ags play to their talent level!

I assume ND has indoor practice facilities. If I was their coach, I'd crank up the heat and pipe in crowd noise all week.
fightintxaggie10
AG
Because of Jimbo I have this uneasy feeling Connor gets injured the first game.
AGpops1923
merch
Well with a decent amount of talented DL, maybe we will run a bunch of 3 man fronts and then to be sure they are fresh, after every down we will switch them out and make the 3 on the field run gassers to the sideline. Ah, those were the days!
Nothing looks more foolish than tradition to those who have none.
Aggie Dad 26
AGpops1923 said:

GarryowenAg said:

Aggie Therapist said:

Here's my evidence.

You never got to enjoy a water bottle shower while in theater? You're gasping for air with every squirt
Meximan

Quote:

Thanks, buddy. I'm not saying you're right that I am vague, but it may be that I likely am vague about some things I may or may not say. But I am generally always mostly right.

In your mind maybe, empirical evidence says otherwise
AGpops1923
Aggie Dad 26 said:

AGpops1923 said:

GarryowenAg said:

Aggie Therapist said:

Here's my evidence.

You never got to enjoy a water bottle shower while in theater? You're gasping for air with every squirt

Cold water in theater that wasn't a part of a dream? Lol
But those side by side wooden port o potties with huge containers underneath were things nightmares are made of.
Aggie Dad 26
AGpops1923 said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

AGpops1923 said:

GarryowenAg said:

Aggie Therapist said:

Here's my evidence.

Cold water in theater that wasn't a part of a dream? Lol
But those side by side wooden port o potties with huge containers underneath were things nightmares are made of.

These were room temperature bottle waters that sat inside.

Absolutely miserable
Gunny456
AG
Yep. In high school we played Midland-Lee one year in SA. Those guys were used to hot …. But not SA humidity hot. They spent the 2nd half eating salt pills and fighting cramps.
However they still won.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.